Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

my new carson onroad from hobbythek (PICS)

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

my new carson onroad from hobbythek (PICS)

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2006, 12:45 AM
bryan70546
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my new carson onroad from hobbythek (PICS)

well i got it to see it for the first time today and i must say i am very impressed with this car , its very well built , the body looks amazeing and its size is very impressive , in other words its huge.came with all kind of goodies from hobbythek .like stickers and a dvd , stuff like that.i like the cable brake setup looks very well built and solid ,huge servos for the steering and throttle and brakes ,all i had to do was attach the side flaps front and rear.was very easy.i changed the tires from the ugly white to the silver pmt kronos 30s in front 15s in the rear.i have to get a converter for the charger because its for the german wall plugs .other then that i love i want to thanks hellya of bringing my attention to the carson cars so thanks markthe radio is very nice and looks well built even has 10 model memery.everything about this car looks tough as hell i cant wait to run it.i will have some better pics latter and hopefully some video still waiting on my buddies carson to come in he ordered them both at the same time , but only 1 has come in.here are some quick shots of the car enjoy .
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd92464.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	75.1 KB
ID:	551018   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki20309.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	76.4 KB
ID:	551019   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dy79732.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	73.2 KB
ID:	551020   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zw69406.jpg
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	551021   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ok29140.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	551022   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp43672.jpg
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	551023   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yu63770.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	65.7 KB
ID:	551024   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gd93913.jpg
Size:	63.7 KB
ID:	551025  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Gb89586.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	551026   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw69044.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	551027   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yt61912.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	47.7 KB
ID:	551028   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gl20248.jpg
Size:	58.9 KB
ID:	551029  
Old 10-30-2006, 02:01 AM
aluminum crusher

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: my new carson onroad from hobbythek (PICS)

ORIGINAL: bryan70546

well i got it to see it for the first time today and i must say i am very impressed with this car , its very well built , the body looks amazeing and its size is very impressive , in other words its huge.came with all kind of goodies from hobbythek .like stickers and a dvd , stuff like that.i like the cable brake setup looks very well built and solid ,huge servos for the steering and throttle and brakes ,all i had to do was attach the side flaps front and rear.was very easy.i changed the tires from the ugly white to the silver pmt kronos 30s in front 15s in the rear.i have to get a converter for the charger because its for the german wall plugs .other then that i love i want to thanks hellya of bringing my attention to the carson cars so thanks markthe radio is very nice and looks well built even has 10 model memery.everything about this car looks tough as hell i cant wait to run it.i will have some better pics latter and hopefully some video still waiting on my buddies carson to come in he ordered them both at the same time , but only 1 has come in.here are some quick shots of the car enjoy .
Man it looks sweet kinda wanna makes me get one all that you got was a GREAT DEAL btw what was your total cost shipped to your door. And be careful with that charger cause I think they use a 220v outlet. And we don't wanna here of you blasting off.....but only your car Have fun and don't forget to report in after you break her in. OH one more thing did it come with those x tra set of rims and tires.
Old 10-30-2006, 02:14 AM
bryan70546

thanks for the kindwords i think i can get a converter for the 220v,and my total cost was 800 shipped .still not a bad deal considering you cant touch a fg onroad rtr for that price unless you buy used.i got the tires and rims from troy at largescalerc.com , they were white just like the carson tires that came on the car but i painted them silver.that was the first thing i did was put the pmt kronos on it as soon as i got it out the box.shipping from germany to the us was 203.00 each car we got two.but i can say this the car in its box with everything is heavy real heavy and the box is huge.the car alone is much heavier then my fgmt and a whole lot bigger.
Old 10-30-2006, 02:19 AM
aluminum crusher

thanks for the kindwords i think i can get a converter for the 220v,and my total cost was 800 shipped .still not a bad deal considering you cant touch a fg onroad rtr for that price unless you buy used.i got the tires and rims from troy at largescalerc.com , they were white just like the carson tires that came on the car but i painted them silver.that was the first thing i did was put the pmt kronos on it as soon as i got it out the box.shipping from germany to the us was 203.00 each car we got two.but i can say this the car in its box with everything is heavy real heavy and the box is huge.the car alone is much heavier then my fgmt and a whole lot bigger.
Man I say it again all that you got for 800.00 was a GREAT DEAL.
Old 10-30-2006, 02:20 AM
aluminum crusher

ORIGINAL: aluminum crusher

Man I say it again all that you got for 800.00 was a GREAT DEAL. BTW what's the frequency of that radio?
Old 10-30-2006, 03:38 AM
hellya

another happy camper your car looks the boom!!![sm=thumbup.gif]

You can change every part to alloy if you want to

Name:	Tr51033.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	551155   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv64758.jpg
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	551156  
Old 10-30-2006, 09:00 AM
bryan70546

yea real happy with it,the only problem is the cat5 airfilter is to tall i will have to get a pancake style for it.i might up grade to some alloy on it but probly will leave it just the way it is.probley will get another body to that i can paint myself,i only had a few hours to check it out then i had to come back to work.[:@]but when i get in i will have a whole week to play.i just hope my buddies comes in soon.
ORIGINAL: hellya

another happy camper your car looks the boom!!![sm=thumbup.gif]

You can change every part to alloy if you want to
Old 10-30-2006, 07:07 PM
LumberJak

Hi, I'm Bryan's friend who's car until about mid afternoon hadn't come in yet. I'm new to RCU and hope to get more involved. I plan to post some pics of my car after i get it tomorrow and set it up.
Old 10-30-2006, 07:51 PM
Timmahh
Banned

nice looking ride. welcome here LumberJack, always good to see anudder onroad. I have a Bergonzoni Brave. these look Very nice, and for 800.00 thats a deal. my next onroad will be an F1. loved Formulas as a kid and still do.

Timmahh
Old 10-30-2006, 08:15 PM
icecreamslick
My Feedback: (9)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I though you were a kid!

J/K

Jason
Old 10-30-2006, 09:37 PM
JDLearjet

I agree. But the car is the cheapest part of the hobby. Hop-ups will set you back waaay more...FYI, bryan70546, you may want to change your camera's date stamp to reflect 2006...
Old 10-30-2006, 09:54 PM
bryan70546

yea i know i just took that camera out of retirement .thanks for bringing that to my attention.welcome aboard dan
ORIGINAL: JDLearjet

I agree. But the car is the cheapest part of the hobby. Hop-ups will set you back waaay more...FYI, bryan70546, you may want to change your camera's date stamp to reflect 2006...
Old 10-31-2006, 11:38 AM
Earth Surfer

Thats a sweet car. What I noticed about it is, if you ever want to upgrade the engine to a reed case engine, it looks like the cases will drop right in with little or no problem. That helps keep your options open.
Old 10-31-2006, 11:52 AM
bryan70546

http://www.carson-modelsport.com/de/...modellertr.htm they have a nice lineup , i like the new evo buggy looks mean , thier is a post here that suggest that it may be 4x4 with alloy allready on it. might have to find that orange ford body to.man a reed case engine would make it scream. probley going to leave it alone for now and just enjoy it lumberjacs car come in also so we will be doing a little friendly racing in the parking lots this week
Old 10-31-2006, 12:08 PM
Oneill Brothers Racing

Hey Bryan,

Your car looks good[sm=thumbs_up.gif]
Old 10-31-2006, 12:37 PM
bryan70546

thanks sean ,i still have not forgot about the engine from you guys as you can see my rc funds account has been drained till i can rack up some more cash.[&o][:@]
ORIGINAL: Oneill Brothers Racing

Hey Bryan,

Your car looks good[sm=thumbs_up.gif]
Old 10-31-2006, 01:51 PM
hellya

oneils carries the airfilter you need too........either the pancake or the UFO
Old 10-31-2006, 02:19 PM
bryan70546

THANKS HELLYA.
Old 10-31-2006, 10:40 PM
LumberJak

Sadly guys, i didn't get my car. I HATE THE USPS. They left a notice yesterday and i signed it, marked for them to leave it at my door and what do you know. NO CAR AGAIN!!! This is has been a depressing couple of days. My first large scale car and the wait is killing me. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day. Bryan, it sux that there wasn't enought juice in your battery to run it longer. Doesn't it feel good though to have people drive by and stop just so that they can watch these beasts run?
Old 10-31-2006, 10:55 PM
hellya

theres a couple of good chargers for resonable prices....throw that wall plug charger away

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXAVN1&P=0
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...L=++&search=Go

I personally use this one Ive had mine for a couple of years

Name:	Nl28882.jpg
Size:	175.0 KB
ID:	552262  
Old 10-31-2006, 11:10 PM
bryan70546

chargeing was not the problem hellya ,we have the converters now so when can charge ,not chargeing long enough was the problem ,let it charge for about 2 3 hours , so we went and got alittle gas for a trial run ,i thought they came with a failsafe NOT , cranked right up , was running very good a little bogging ,does doughnuts real good ,died leaned out the idle a hair now shes running like a kitten gave it a little gas ,AND WHAM OFF SHE WENT right into dans front tire then starting going in circles.almost got bad real quick.so a failsafe is on the list .i should of know better , thanks good it has a huge foam bumper .but danial just had to see it run its all his fault.
Old 10-31-2006, 11:12 PM
bryan70546

ORIGINAL: LumberJak

Sadly guys, i didn't get my car. I HATE THE USPS. They left a notice yesterday and i signed it, marked for them to leave it at my door and what do you know. NO CAR AGAIN!!! This is has been a depressing couple of days. My first large scale car and the wait is killing me. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day. Bryan, it sux that there wasn't enought juice in your battery to run it longer. Doesn't it feel good though to have people drive by and stop just so that they can watch these beasts run?
and see them crash remember to charge your battery tommorrow before you come over.
Old 10-31-2006, 11:13 PM
bryan70546

thanks for the links hellya did you get my pm today .
ORIGINAL: hellya

theres a couple of good chargers for resonable prices....throw that wall plug charger away

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXAVN1&P=0
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...L=++&search=Go

I personally use this one Ive had mine for a couple of years

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXLCJ6&P=ML
Old 10-31-2006, 11:26 PM
hellya

I just now saw that......What size mah battery did the carson come with 1800??

You might want to upgrade to 3000mah .....your car will run for hours on a single charge

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-6-volt-3000m...QQcmdZViewItem

But with your wall charger you will be charging it for 3-4 hours for the 1800, 6-7 hours for the 3000

or 15-20 mins with a decent charger
Old 11-01-2006, 12:07 PM
LumberJak

Hey hellya, what's your opinion on getting an extra battery pack or two just in case? I'm guessing that you can never be too safe.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.