Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Clening and fumes

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2006, 12:57 PM
bigdawg70

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Clening and fumes

I was wondering what you guys use to clean your trucks and keep tha smell down? I had to put my new truck in tha basement because the smell of the fuel had my whole house smelling. The nitro smell is nowhere close to being as strong
Old 11-10-2006, 01:20 PM
Krets

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Clening and fumes

My MT doesn't smell at all. I can have it indoors in my bedroom without any problems.

The petrol i use: http://www.aspen.se/Templates/standard1.asp?PN=108673
Old 11-10-2006, 01:33 PM
kengentry5000
My Feedback: (2)

Many here run Coleman camp fuel with 25:1 Castor-based 2 stroke oil (like Maxima 927). The camp fuel fumes are not nearly as strong and dissipate much more quickly than gasoline.

You can get gallons of camp fuel at outdoors type stores, Wal-Mart, etc. for $3.75 - $5.00.

You can run standard 2-stroke oil with the camp fuel but the castor-based oil comes highly recommended.
Old 11-10-2006, 01:34 PM
kengentry5000
My Feedback: (2)

There are many threads on cleaning/detailing techniques. Search the forum a little and you will find what you need.
Old 11-10-2006, 01:44 PM
warriorking

Well what I do is after bashing and clean up I usually get a big garbage bag and just roll it in and this works great no smell
I use grease lightning diluted this thing is awesome it is so strong if you use it straight without diluting it with water it will clean off
the color of any anodized parts you have. This stuff is really good I just spray it on wait couple minuets then hose off.