Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

DDM pipe vid .... can an FG truck jump ??

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

DDM pipe vid .... can an FG truck jump ??

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2006, 07:13 PM
BuggZy99
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DDM pipe vid .... can an FG truck jump ??

here are 2 videos filmed this afternoon with my fg truck and a dominator pipe from DDM.
i was limitd to space cause its been raining for the past 2 weeks here and 1/2 the spot i play in is flooded.
heres the first vid :

http://media.putfile.com/ddm-pipe-video

second video is more jumps then anything else, to all those who ask the question about FG trucks jumping this should help ya, and it walked away from every jump in the video. Total broken parts today was an E-clip holding the spur in place. These are not jump in sand dunes, this is packed and soaking wet clay, you can hear the truck landing everytime.

http://media.putfile.com/jumping-fg-truck
Old 11-15-2006, 07:18 PM
warriorking

Default RE: DDM pipe vid .... can an FG truck jump ??

The links aren't clickable. or it is a C&P?
Old 11-15-2006, 07:25 PM
BuggZy99

copy and paste, will work
Old 11-15-2006, 07:28 PM
Acs_guitars
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: BuggZy99

here are 2 videos filmed this afternoon with my fg truck and a dominator pipe from DDM.
i was limitd to space cause its been raining for the past 2 weeks here and 1/2 the spot i play in is flooded.
heres the first vid :

second video is more jumps then anything else, to all those who ask the question about FG trucks jumping this should help ya, and it walked away from every jump in the video. Total broken parts today was an E-clip holding the spur in place. These are not jump in sand dunes, this is packed and soaking wet clay, you can hear the truck landing everytime.

[link=http://media.putfile.com/ddm-pipe-video]Video 1[/link]
[link=http://media.putfile.com/jumping-fg-truck]Video 2[/link]

There you go!

VERY nice vids Eric.... and even one for those who say FG off-roads cannot jump. Nice playground you've got there, they recently built houses on my off-road area [:@]
Old 11-15-2006, 08:03 PM
NitroBurn1

That pipe sounds cool. What engine do you have because that truck looks like it has power?

Does anyone know if these pipes will fit the Fire Hammer MT? DDM says they fit the Fire Hammer, but the cage on the buggy is different than the one on the truck.
Old 11-15-2006, 08:20 PM
badz
My Feedback: (1)

heres the first vid :

Putfile is crap why don't you toss them on RCU Video's?
Old 11-15-2006, 08:30 PM
J_D

RCU videos is crap, put them on youtube
Old 11-15-2006, 08:35 PM
cyclops1970
My Feedback: (5)

Awesome vid's Eric !! pipe looks and works great !!
Old 11-15-2006, 09:02 PM
BuggZy99

this is one bad ***** pipe, if you notice in the videos the truck can spin them non stop from on the move. The best thing i noticed with the cy29 and the ddm pipe is the torque it produces from a short didtance, notice how i aproah all jumps, never at a fast speed, always slowly and at the last second i take advantage of the pipes torque and whip it right up.
IMO this pipe is a must, good low and midrange power, no lost on high speed, Im so convinced in this pipe i went and sold my FG tuned pipe already. Im very happy to have this pipe and im msure anyone else will be, it fricken nice, no big welds sticking out and the chrome finish is awsome, the sound is superb and most of all, it all show and all go.
Thanks to Bryan at DDM for the pipe and trust me, those who buy another brand just might regret it cause the DOMINATOR pipe does just that, DOMINATE.
Old 11-15-2006, 09:26 PM
Rcgasserman

Is thw FG stock other than pipe and cy 29cc?
Old 11-15-2006, 11:27 PM
badz

this is one bad ***** pipe, if you notice in the videos the truck can spin them non stop from on the move. The best thing i noticed with the cy29 and the ddm pipe is the torque it produces from a short didtance, notice how i aproah all jumps, never at a fast speed, always slowly and at the last second i take advantage of the pipes torque and whip it right up.
IMO this pipe is a must, good low and midrange power, no lost on high speed, Im so convinced in this pipe i went and sold my FG tuned pipe already. Im very happy to have this pipe and im msure anyone else will be, it fricken nice, no big welds sticking out and the chrome finish is awsome, the sound is superb and most of all, it all show and all go.
Thanks to Bryan at DDM for the pipe and trust me, those who buy another brand just might regret it cause the DOMINATOR pipe does just that, DOMINATE.
Would be a nice review if the video's where on a site that actually worked for most people. Putfile doesn't. Are you posting a review in the reviews area of RCU?
Old 11-15-2006, 11:32 PM
BuggZy99

well so far, your about the only one to tell me putfile doesnt work, make sure you have the latest windows media player.Often when someone sais its not working its only the media player isnt up to date.
If others complain i will post them somewhere else, or just add me to your msn and ill shoot them to you.
And yup, i will make a review also, gotta find the time to it by this weekend.

ORIGINAL: badz

Would be a nice review if the video's where on a site that actually worked for most people. Putfile doesn't. Are you posting a review in the reviews area of RCU?
Old 11-15-2006, 11:38 PM
teamchrome
My Feedback: (4)

Seems to have a deeper tone than the Jetpro.
Its nice to see a vid that blows the myth that FG cant jump..
All in fun....
Old 11-16-2006, 12:51 AM
Cal-Torque

Nice, but I'd like to see some jumps at WOT speed. Then, I'll be a believer in large scale. Mot much air on these really.
Old 11-16-2006, 01:09 AM
J_D

well nobody cares what u think
Old 11-16-2006, 01:38 AM
teamchrome

Did you not watch vid #2???
How much more do you want?
Theses are not house jumpers. That dirt pile is bigger than any jump you will have at a track.
Old 11-16-2006, 02:41 AM
badz

ORIGINAL: teamchrome

All in fun....
It's nice to see how DDM gave the pipe to someone for a review and it's turned into a praise FG thread. The video's aren't even on RCU yet the pipe was given to a RCU member....pretty pathetic review if you ask me and a mistake on DDM's part.
Old 11-16-2006, 05:25 AM
original.mb

top videos, pipe sounds awesome the jumps in the second video show all those haters how good an fg can jump

Old 11-16-2006, 06:06 AM
rchertz

cool vidz
Old 11-16-2006, 07:09 AM
J_D

ORIGINAL: teamchrome

All in fun....
It's nice to see how DDM gave the pipe to someone for a review and it's turned into a praise FG thread. The video's aren't even on RCU yet the pipe was given to a RCU member....pretty pathetic review if you ask me and a mistake on DDM's part.
somebodys jealous he didnt get a free pipe :P
Old 11-16-2006, 10:43 AM
chowderhead72

Waitress can I get a tall refreshing glass of Hater-ade for badz please!
Old 11-16-2006, 11:57 AM
Rcgasserman

Being an Fg and Baja owner I would like to know if the FG in the Vid was stock other than pipe and 29cc engine. My Fg required a whole bunch of alloy upgrades to take jumps like that. My Baja required none. Not slamming FG as I own one and like it, but stock I broke every run until I put on the steel pinion, alloy gear carrier, alloy motor mounts, alloy diff, hd alloy diff tube, and alloy upper and lower rear arms. Comparing stock for stock the Fg is not near as tough as the Baja and I speak from experience. And before anyone gives me a bunch of crap saying I'm an Fg heater make sure you read my whole post. I can tell there is some sort of rivalry going on here in this forum between the baja owners and everyone else and it's childish IMO. Just look at the titles of "can a baja wheelie" and 2 days later "can the FG jump". I have been reading this forum a lot longer than I have been a member and this is just another one of those one up the other guy thread. Back and forth is all that goes on around here. I think this bickering will drive people away.
Old 11-16-2006, 12:06 PM
ryan@ddm

My understanding is that the FG in the video has a significant amount of upgrades.

"ELCOM rear lower a-arms, alloy upper rear arms, alloy diff mount, alloy rear shock tower, alloy complete diff,redneck air filter, chrome cy 29, alloy servo tray, alloy front hubs, tuneing front disk brakes and alloy servo saver"
Old 11-16-2006, 12:08 PM
BuggZy99

thing is, alot ask the question if an fg truck can jump being its not a 1/10 scale nitro truck and that its heavy. Also alot of people claim we cant jump them whereas i bash mine like that all the time, and honestly, it doesnt always come home un hurt, just like any RC truck. But it will handle alot of what i throw at it and then some.
as for the review, dont worry BADZ, it will be posted before the weekend, and then you can go read it and criticize it as you do with anything/everything that an FG truck touches. If you hate FG so much why you keep fricken reading posts about them ??? geez, get a life dude
Old 11-16-2006, 12:12 PM
radio_controlled_mad

ORIGINAL: ryan@ddm

My understanding is that the FG in the video has a significant amount of upgrades.

"ELCOM rear lower a-arms, alloy upper rear arms, alloy diff mount, alloy rear shock tower, alloy complete diff,redneck air filter, chrome cy 29, alloy servo tray, alloy front hubs, tuneing front disk brakes and alloy servo saver"

you forgot to add your ddm pipe as a upgrade.....does it matter what ally he chooses to put on his fg,the point is he can if he wants,same as tuned pipes,not needed but just an extra option (long list of fg options)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.