Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

The Real Reed Valve is Here!

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2006, 12:41 AM
Proline-Racing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Real Reed Valve is Here!

OK... let me just set the record straight right now! The o'neill bros. reed is a weak attempt to knock off the original Proline Racing Reed Valve. At one time the o'neill bros. were friends of mine that I trusted a lot and did a lot of business with but greed got the best of them. I am appalled to say the least. Anyway back to the real deal. The new Proline Racing "Shorty" reed valve system is the best reed on the market period. This reed does not need to be tested to show it's results. It a classic design by one of the best 2 stroke tuners in the world Matt Hobson of PSWS. The Proline Racing "Shorty" reed valve system has been used for years and has won more National and World Championships in the scooter racing industry than any other reed in history. This is something that the o’neill bros will never be able to claim. The Proline Racing "Shorty" reed doesn’t cut any corners when it comes to performance like the wanna be reed does. Why try to fix something that isn't broken. The "Shorty" reed will give you 100% more air and fuel into your cylinder and a pulse line is the only way to get this kind of performance. A small price to pay for maximum performance! Don't be fooled by the thief reed and go with the real deal PROLINE RACING! It's all about the history. The Proline Racing "Shorty" reed valve system is only available from DDM [sm=thumbup.gif] the dealer you can TRUST!
Last but not least paul and sean I trusted you guys with my information and to see you stab me in the back like this is truly sinful and if you think I'm just going to roll over and take in the arse... you are very wrong my friends!

Pictured is the old school PSWS reed and on the left and the new Proline Racing "Shorty" reed on the right built to the exact specs licensed to Proline Racing.

Old 11-30-2006, 12:44 AM
J_D

Default RE: The Real Reed Valve is Here!

ORIGINAL: Proline-Racing

The "Shorty" reed will give you 100% more air and fuel into your cylinder
100% more.. so ur saying in our 26cc clylinder your reed will DOUBLE what goes in there... like a turbocharger.... i doubt that.
Old 11-30-2006, 01:09 AM
ryan@ddm

Proline Racing is the exclusive rights holder to the PSWS reed design. Kirk at Proline worked directly with Matt Hobson to secure the rights. Kirk has a proven track record and years of success in the industry and on the racing circuit, and has done the 2-stroke world a great service by keeping this design in manufacture and available to the public!

The 'other guys' are simply poor imitators who stole from a friend who trusted them. Looks like the truth is coming out...
Old 11-30-2006, 01:24 AM
hellya

Guys You shouldn't use the forum as a battle ground between businesses[sm=thumbs_down.gif]

I have noticed the strife between Oneils and DDMs and now another party gets a shot in.......

Cant we all just get along?? And lower all the 1/5 vehicles and parts by 15%... no make it 20%

I will if you will
Old 11-30-2006, 01:38 AM
caad5

Ryan, how much is the Proline reed valve? Is it a true bolt on no drilling required and does it come with everything you need to put it on an offroad FG like a FG MT for example or is there other stuff that also has to be purchased ?
And honestly is it just as good as having a reed valve through the crankcase or its only partially beneficial and a complete reed engine is the real deal ?
Old 11-30-2006, 01:44 AM
ryan@ddm

ORIGINAL: caad5

Ryan, how much is the Proline reed valve? Is it a true bolt on no drilling required and does it come with everything you need to put it on an offroad FG like a FG MT for example or is there other stuff that also has to be purchased ?
And honestly is it just as good as having a reed valve through the crankcase or its only partially beneficial and a complete reed engine is the real deal ?
Case reeds and cylinder reeds offer different styles of performance. Both are significantly better than piston port intake style. A cylinder reed is a good choice for most offroad style vehicles, where a case reed would simply not fit due to the relocated intake.

No cylinder reed will ever be a true bolt on. Porting of the intake will be required (at a minimum, matching the reed and the intake) in order to realize a significant gain. The proline design uses a tap for the pulse, which requires a small amount of drilling. This ensures a significantly stronger pulse feed, however, and results in much better performance.
Old 11-30-2006, 01:51 AM
caad5

ORIGINAL: ryan@ddm

Case reeds and cylinder reeds offer different styles of performance. Both are significantly better than piston port intake style. A cylinder reed is a good choice for most offroad style vehicles, where a case reed would simply not fit due to the relocated intake.

No cylinder reed will ever be a true bolt on. Porting of the intake will be required (at a minimum, matching the reed and the intake) in order to realize a significant gain. The proline design uses a tap for the pulse, which requires a small amount of drilling. This ensures a significantly stronger pulse feed, however, and results in much better performance.

Thanks for that. Ok so if one had a engine already with a piston-port on the intake and exhaust already ported then would it only require the drilling for the pulse feed or would the intake need to be re- ported ?
Old 11-30-2006, 02:07 AM
ryan@ddm

Thanks for that. Ok so if one had a engine already with a piston-port on the intake and exhaust already ported then would it only require the drilling for the pulse feed or would the intake need to be re- ported ?
You'd want additional modifications to the intake.
Old 11-30-2006, 02:58 AM
jasrx

ORIGINAL: ryan@ddm

You'd want additional modifications to the intake.
like what other mods.?
Old 11-30-2006, 03:00 AM
ryan@ddm

Appropriate reed porting, if it is still possible (depends on what porting has already been done to the intake).