Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

New to gas please help

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2006, 07:15 AM
bjc617

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to gas please help

Hi guys i been on these boards for a while, usually the nitro forums. I recently sold all my nitros cause i am getting into 1/5th scales. Now i deff know i am buying the baja do you guys have any tips for me when i get it like stuff i should be aware of any help will be appreciated thanks
Old 12-01-2006, 12:08 PM
hellya

Default RE: New to gas please help

any hop up available is here http://www.pythonmotorsports.com/fg/...-5b-parts.html
Old 12-01-2006, 01:01 PM
Oneill Brothers Racing

Make sure you order extra tires.
Old 12-01-2006, 01:34 PM
zap713

Right away you should get the Darksoul Axle Extender Set. This will prevent the bottom of the shock from rubbing on the rim which will cut right through the plastic. It also widens the stance making it a lot more stable.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki18876.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	33.2 KB
ID:	569969   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj21615.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	33.2 KB
ID:	569970  
Old 12-01-2006, 03:10 PM
Earth Surfer

Get a couple of new spark plugs--just in case. DDM has a little measuring cup called a "Ratio Rite" that will help you mix the oil and gas to the ratio you want. A good foam filter oil is a must also. Saturate a clean inner filter with the oil, and squeeze as much of the oil out of the filter as you can with paper towells. Too much oil will not allow the filter to breath as well as it should. Tires get damaged a lot. The end lip of the rim that is flush with the bead lock pinches the rubber during a crash, then the rubber rips. I turned off .110" from the length of that lip, and put a nice radious on the edge to try to get more tire life. Saprk plug color when tuning the carb is critical. We take off the top plastic plate on the roll cage to access the plug easily when tuning the warmed up engine. Plug should be a brown color after high speed runs, but you want to keep checking the plug as you use more RPM in increments.

This top end will have you ripping off the line, while the stocker, (and other modified engines) are choking on low RPM.

http://www.davesmotors.com/store/product1692.html
Old 12-01-2006, 05:01 PM
ScooterTrash

[8D] Hi bjc617, Here is a usefull tool to help with the Gas Oil Mixture Ratio Calculator
[link=http://www.csgnetwork.com/oilfuelcalc.html]Csgnetwork[/link] [sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 12-02-2006, 01:40 PM
bjc617

thanks everyone for the help i appreciate it
Old 12-02-2006, 02:18 PM
Earth Surfer

ORIGINAL: ScooterTrash

[8D] Hi bjc617, Here is a usefull tool to help with the Gas Oil Mixture Ratio Calculator
[link=http://www.csgnetwork.com/oilfuelcalc.html]Csgnetwork[/link] [sm=thumbup.gif]
Jeech--that is such a easy formula I am suprised somebody made a web page of it.

Amount of fuel divided by the ratio you want gives the amount of oil to put in that amount of fuel.

128oz of gas (one gallon) divided by 25 (from 25:1) = 5.1 oz of oil. But I still use the "Ratio Rite" at the 28:1 line for a gallon.
Old 12-02-2006, 08:43 PM
ScooterTrash

[8D] Hi Earth Surfer, Yep it is pretty easy to do it that way. I like it to use it to use 4oz. of oil each time. 1.563 US Gallons to 4.00127oz oil =50:1. I like to use an even number of oz's of oil, I find it easer to put in the cup! [sm=thumbup.gif]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt56287.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	100.5 KB
ID:	570674