Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Question on my new FG HUmmer

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2006, 12:09 AM
TheFgMan01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question on my new FG HUmmer

Hi everyone im new here. im Karl! im not new to the R/C world though i currently own an OFNA ultra MBX pro and a 1;6 scale marder. also a 1;6 scale Moster Hummer. really nice truck! okay my question is this. I just got the Hummer stock exhuast and all. i started up drove it warmed it up. well it runs poorly and seems like it has no torque. its really boggy in lower rpms and dosent seem to take off untill mid rpms. i've seen these things do wheelies! ive played with the carburator and everything. any of you guys with FG monster trucks have this prob when it was brand new??? ive had my marder for about 1 year maybe more, and that this is just insane!! ALOT of torque and it's geared lower than my truck. i dont understand. let me know what you guy's think. i dont know if it takes these engines while to break in and then run good or what??
Karl
Old 12-05-2006, 12:49 AM
jasrx

Default RE: Question on my new FG HUmmer

if its brandnew then the engine will still be tight . it took atleast 6 tanks before i saw any good power out of mine . also the standard mufflers are pretty crap .
Old 12-05-2006, 12:55 AM
TheFgMan01

okay cool, i didnt really remember how it took to get great power out of my marder when i got it. but man its sick. how does yours run now? and what pipe do you recommend with the truck. im leaning twards the jetpro. but if you know a better one point me in the right direction
Karl
Old 12-05-2006, 02:24 AM
bryan70546
My Feedback: (4)

got to www.largescalerc.com call and talk to troy great guy awesome service .i have the jetpro v2 silenced and love it .
Old 12-05-2006, 01:29 PM
jasrx

ORIGINAL: bryan70546

got to www.largescalerc.com call and talk to troy great guy awesome service .i have the jetpro v2 silenced and love it .
yup same thats where i got my jetpro v2 silenced from .
Old 12-06-2006, 05:07 PM
htawfik3

As jasrx said you will not see the real performance of your engine before several tanks but now you can check spark plug, some times it spoiled before ending first quarter of a tank.

Changing muffler to a tuned pipe will defiantly improve performance to a great extend you have many alternatives, Fg pipes and recently I tried Jetpro V2 silenced, I can say quality and price wise it is very good, but if you are looking for the best samba could be your choice , it gives performance all the way, from low up to high end.
Old 12-06-2006, 10:11 PM
TheFgMan01

thans for the help guy's , im putting in the NGK plug when i go to my hobby shop. yeah the power band in my truck is already starting to improve as i drive it. which is only once a day.... i just mixed me up a new batch of 50;1 gas and ill be running it again tomarrow. i like the looks of the Jetpro v2 .. i have to Samba on my Marder, i just dont want to dish out another 250$ lol
Old 12-06-2006, 11:56 PM
chowderhead72
My Feedback: (4)

50:1 is too lean!!! Go atleast 32:1 Where are you running your machine? I live about 50 miles from Fredericksburg just north of DC. Any good fg shops nearby? If you ever need parts fast pm me I work part-time (for parts) at the Track(fg retailer) in Gaithersburg. See link: [link=http://www.rctrack.com/info.htm]The Track[/link]
ORIGINAL: TheFgMan01

thans for the help guy's , im putting in the NGK plug when i go to my hobby shop. yeah the power band in my truck is already starting to improve as i drive it. which is only once a day.... i just mixed me up a new batch of 50;1 gas and ill be running it again tomarrow. i like the looks of the Jetpro v2 .. i have to Samba on my Marder, i just dont want to dish out another 250$ lol
Old 12-07-2006, 12:11 AM
J_D

yeah 50:1.... and for break in... a big no no.
Old 12-07-2006, 12:13 AM
TheFgMan01

oops! i had no idea. yeah when i first got the marder. i used 32;1 and just gradually went down. but i just got this truck and didnt even think about it.. you dont thing i'tll ruin any internals do you??? a guy at a hobby shop told me he was using 50;1 .... so i just thought it would be okay... crap
Old 12-07-2006, 12:17 AM
J_D

yeah he is probably using 50:1 but i bet his engine isnt brand new

if i was you i would goto 32:1 and run like that from now on for a while, u will have to adjust your tuning needles for the different oil content in the fuel.
Old 12-07-2006, 12:22 AM
TheFgMan01

good looking out, the oil is infront of me right now so ill do that now