Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Samba Vs Jetpro

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2006, 01:37 PM
benchmark

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Samba Vs Jetpro

i got a Marder and am about to buy a tuned pot, i have read lots of reviews but i am still a bit confused. Anyone out there with first hand experience on these two? Need help please [&o]
Old 12-06-2006, 01:57 PM
bryan70546
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: Samba Vs Jetpro

tuned pot,must be some of that new stuff[X(]just messing with ya ,i have the jetpro v2 on my fg mt and love it made a huge diffrence .also had one on my smt mt cy23 really woke that little engine up also.dont own a samba but from what i have read that make great power also i dont think you can lose with either one.
Old 12-06-2006, 03:05 PM
carpy100

i currently run the mielke fg tuned pipe, but also own and have run the unsilenced jetpro. unfortunately you cant run unsilenced over here when racing. i did buy the slip on silencer and cut it down to just comply with BRCA db levels.the mielke and samba are very similar in design and performance. the jetpro undoubtedly gave the best power, but i found under race conditions the jetpro didnt allow enough quick access to rear suspension removal,adjustment. for bashing it was never a problem tho.the power band was pretty savage and lots of fun! if jetpro or ddm made a pipe that could be removed easily from a header pipe that could be left in place i would probably use there pipes again. but as i say, thats for racing not bashing so may not be relevant to most on here or indeed the majority of these company's market.the sound of the jetpro's and i should imagine the ddm pipe will be similar, is awsome!![>:]
Old 12-06-2006, 07:24 PM
benchmark

hmm, 2 in favour of jetpro...i am leaning towards getting it i guess. i must say that deep inside i thought the Samba was much better.
Old 12-07-2006, 12:41 PM
carpy100

what you going to do with it? if your going racing then samba, bashing then ddm or jetpro.if you want raw power jetpro or ddm.
Old 12-07-2006, 01:53 PM
SELWA
My Feedback: (1)

I had an older Samba on my Marder and it felt like I had a 2 speed in the car. Now I have a Samba on my Leopard and still love it. They make a real nice sound.
Old 12-07-2006, 02:54 PM
carpy100

i know a couple of fast racers that have run a drill up through the stinger and into the chamber to release a bit more power(and noise)on the samba.
i have chosen not to do this due to being sympathetic to surrounding farm animals and local residents!!it has to be said that this is the immediate choice of the uk race fraternity.the RN tuning fat pipe is very popular on the continent, especially among the dutch drivers, this pipe gives loads of torque.
Old 12-08-2006, 10:59 AM
avgas

LOL..I like it Carpy..
i have chosen not to do this due to being sympathetic to surrounding farm animals and local residents!!
And theres you with your straight through Jetpro... Thats gone now and the wild life has come back to Bedford.
I have tested a number of pipes on different cars and by far the Samba is the best, smooth power delivery right through the RPM, its light and for the ultimate they will make it in Titanium and that has a different sound all together.
Steve
Old 12-09-2006, 02:07 PM
carpy100

it was a case of having to be sympathetic, cos i was going to get banned from every race track in the uk.
that old jetpro did tend to make it wheeie just when you didnt want it too!! good fun bashin round with.
Old 12-10-2006, 08:49 AM
avgas

Heres a quick spy pic of the new samba for the marder, but these babies are titanium They have them in chrome aswell.
Steve
Old 12-10-2006, 11:56 AM
aluminum crusher

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They look like they can fit the Baja 5b....can they fit?
Old 12-11-2006, 06:53 AM
avgas

Im not sure if they will fit, but you could ask on there forum.. http://www.modelcargo.com/forums/index.php
Steve
Old 12-11-2006, 08:42 AM
MnMikeRC

There is one already for the Baja.
ORIGINAL: aluminum crusher

They look like they can fit the Baja 5b....can they fit?
Old 12-11-2006, 10:25 AM
fixitmikey

I have a name for the Jet Pro un silenced pipe I just got, I call it "my neighbors hate me". I wish I would have chosen the silenced version. I've never tried a Samba
Old 12-11-2006, 11:30 AM
carpy100

if you ask sean nicely he might make you a slip-on silencer.
Old 12-11-2006, 01:03 PM
ryan@ddm

ORIGINAL: fixitmikey

I have a name for the Jet Pro un silenced pipe I just got, I call it "my neighbors hate me". I wish I would have chosen the silenced version. I've never tried a Samba
Try slipping a few inches of silicone tubing over the end of the stinger. Makes a huge difference in noise...
Old 12-11-2006, 02:29 PM
wayneuk

i just got myself some tuned up sitcky smelly pot also .. if i dont comment anymore u no its good !
Old 12-11-2006, 07:37 PM
benchmark

Thanks for the input, i got me a fairly used Samba pipe cheap it aint chrome or Titanium but it is the same shape and size as the latest versions, the former owner says it is "Wild" and promises me that i will not regret it, it should be coming in the post in a couple of days so i will try it out and let you guys know the results.