Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

a lil mod fer D whitestuff.

Old 12-08-2006, 06:17 PM
Timmahh
Banned

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default a lil mod fer D whitestuff.

wassssup all? due to the increasing white stuff (SNOW) i have 2 ideas to keep me moveing this winter. first is an idea a member of the bajaforum posted about, so i did it. looks like this

which then looks like this

and finally takes on this appearance.

The other mod i ll be starting this weekend. first is a set of custom paddles as ive posted b4, then in addition will be a set of skis if i can get them to work, i think either of these 2 mods could keep things FUN FUN FUN this winter.

i ve also been working on the XCan Extension Mod i started this summer. now that its slowed down, i can put more time to it. you may of seen the post i previously submitted 4 or so months ago, though it works good, its not as well as i expected. so i thought about it for a bit and come up with this.

nothing new to see in this pic.

BUT. inside is where the differance is.

heres a video link to the Stock 23 with the Nibs Rear Exit XCan and a set of the 1st run extensions with sound.

http://s72.photobucket.com/albums/i1...t=DSCN1921.flv
http://s72.photobucket.com/albums/i1...t=DSCN1922.flv

after i get the extensions complete, i ll shot a lil vid of them installed on the new 28.5 race ported motor, with right exit XCan that has been converted to a Rear Exit with the TGN conversion kit.

More later.
Timmahh
Old 12-08-2006, 07:40 PM
DarkZZ

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: a lil mod fer D whitestuff.

nice chains man! im gonna do mine like yours now
Old 12-08-2006, 08:25 PM
Anomie

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Sweet chains! Great work on them.
Old 12-10-2006, 09:23 AM
Fabe

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Nice work! What did you use to attach the copper tubing inside the larger one, as well as to the Xcan?
Old 12-10-2006, 10:00 AM
J_D

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

reminds me of my home made muffler i did for the jetpro cept i also had stuffing in there too
Old 12-10-2006, 10:25 AM
Timmahh
Banned

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

that and the pic of that sweet muffler Hellya posted is where i got the idea. THANX!

ah how did i put the 1/2 into the 3/4 is the ? of the week. ANCIENT CHINESE SECRET!! Lol no. its actualy VERY Easy. use a 3/4 to 1/2 reducer bushing for copper pipe! VIOLA. done. to fit to the XCAN i used a 1/2 to 3/4 adapter into a 3/4 street el, the bushing inside the El and the 1/2 in the bushing. the trick is you need to use 1 reducer bushing and cut it in half, so you have room for the 3/4 pipe to cover the 1/2 pipe. this all copper set up is fairly heavy though. im looking at useing alum. pipeing, but its not the same as teh copper as its 3/4 measurement for the aluminun is O.D. and with copper its I.D. so im still looking for the correct adapter pieces to get the weight down some. then 2 1 in pieces of silicone tubing to put the can and the extensions together and zip strip them. i also fabbed a hanger to go to the original hanger position to help hold the extensions solidly in place.

the stuffing is my only draw back at the moment. i deffinatly want to use some, for dirt more than anything. but finding the right material has been a bit of a pain.

Timmahh
Old 12-10-2006, 11:04 AM
J_D

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Timmahh

the stuffing is my only draw back at the moment. i deffinatly want to use some, for dirt more than anything. but finding the right material has been a bit of a pain.

Timmahh
I used steel wool

and also that insulation stuff... i think the steel wool worked better cos the insulation stuff kind of just soaked up oil over time :P
Old 12-10-2006, 04:23 PM
borley1863

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Nice chains, but will they make any difference with tires that have that tread?
Old 12-10-2006, 06:28 PM
Timmahh
Banned

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

yes, they did make a differance. rather noticable too. snow was heavy and wet as its warming up. still about 3 or 4 inches deep. i was getting along pretty good, then as i had susspected, the pressed together links let go in a few spots and tossed both sets at the same time, i just did a powerslide, and gassed it as i was still sliding backwards, the tires hooked up n both chains went sliding off the tires. so all the links will NEED to be soldered solid if you plan on useing this type chain. im not sure i can find a better chain, without adding a crapload of weight.

But while they were on, ya, they Deffinatly helped alot.