Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Which exhaust pipe?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2006, 01:54 PM
dcmr18888

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which exhaust pipe?

Hey guys,

Well I just ordered a baja last night and aluminium rims. Next up I would like to get an pipe, but really dont know which one. Always had fg's so im not familiar with the Baja. I have read few articles about the DDM Dominator pipe and it looks like its a great pipe, also have been looking at the Jetpro, and X-can, which one would you guys suggest?. Any other good upgrades you guys recommend, thanks for the help

-Pete
Old 12-11-2006, 09:56 PM
TheFgMan01

Default RE: Which exhaust pipe?

the only choices i think you have is either Jetpro or the X-can. if i had a Baha i'd roll with the jetpro[8D]
Old 12-11-2006, 10:11 PM
bryan70546
My Feedback: (4)

X-CAN,all the other pipes just add extra weight to the rear of the car and make it sag and bottom out.you cant beat a 80.00 little box that make the car scream its tail off.just my 2cents also get you a set of the axle extenders for the rear of the car ,until hpi figures out the rear rubbing issues .the extenders will help with the tire rubbing and the lower arms.plus it makes the car handle a little bit better...........look here for your baja needs http://www.davesmotors.com/store/hpibaja5bparts.html
Old 12-11-2006, 10:17 PM
TheFgMan01

^^ oops i didnt know jetpro would make it sag.. that would suck!!
Old 12-12-2006, 12:30 AM
Timmahh
Banned

the baja exhaust is to the rear of the baja, so most all exhausts hook up are facing rearward. so that pipe weight is helping to weight up the rear end. a guy the races in UK, and one that races in Denmark, both claim great power out of the jetpro, but the added weight quicky kills any bennys from the extra power, as the arse ends is alot more uncontorllable from the rear most weight from the pipes. Jet Pros, (version 1 and 2, ) are susseptable to cronic bending do to routing path as they are not very well protected. version 3 of the JetPro is susspose to address this issue. there are a few out and reports should be in soon.

but. most the pipes now available go reward, with milkes pipe being the exception, and add a significant amount of weight. the xcan being all aluminum is light, and keeps all added weight centered above and infront of the rear wheels, helping to control the balance of the baja. thoguh the xcan isnt a "tuned PIPE" its also NOT just a pretty can. TGN spent alot of money on the design of the xcan so it does what it doesl. which is add alot of torque and low /mid rpms, and also offers better top end over any stock type can. for 80.00 its a heck of a deal imo.

heres a few pics of my baja with the xcan and extensions i made for it to keep the dirt out of the can and out of my motor.

you can see its totally enclosed.
heres a video with sound so you can hear the differance. the motor is a bone stock 23 fuelie.
http://s72.photobucket.com/albums/i1...t=DSCN1922.flv

heres the Dominator from DDM

and this is the Jet Pro V3 pipe.

to date. these are your choices in addition to the samba and the Milke. the samba is a short tuned pipe that sticks straight out the back under the wing, is pretty well covered, but a hard arse first landing my well prove killer to the pipe and your cylinder. the milke comes off the right side of the baja( rear view ) and moves up toward the right front wheel and stops by the front of the roll cage. appears to be well protected, but only one or two people that i know of have them.

at this point in time. get the Xcan., or gut your stock can, and remove the small stinger on it, and reweld a 3/4 stinger on the stock can, and put an extension on it. HPIs tuned pipe is said to be ready for realease around xmas or jan 07.

Timmahh
Old 12-12-2006, 06:45 PM
dcmr18888

Thanks for the help guys, also for the pics timmahh they really helped me out. I will go with the xcan, also will get silicon tubing to keep it clean. Cant wait for my baja to arrive now [sm=regular_smile.gif] , hope it does before the weekend. Once again thanks for the help guys, will include pictures as soon as get everything together.

-Pete
Old 12-12-2006, 11:15 PM
aluminum crusher

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

By adding those stingers did they slow it down some?
Old 12-13-2006, 12:41 PM
Timmahh
Banned

no. the Xcan has 2 1/2 in exit tubes. the "stingers are copper fittings and tubing starting at 1/2 inch and exanded up to 3/4. they add no additional back pressure. so its not any slower, at least not noticably. it maybe a tad slower cuz of the added weight, but i haven t been able to notice it at all.
Timmahh