Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Elcon large scale vehicle

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2006, 01:59 PM
kengentry5000
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Elcon large scale vehicle

I was wandering around the Elcon Models web site and it occurred to me...

Why doesn't Elcon start making their own large scale vehicles? God knows they make every part on these things except the chassis plate, radio plate and engine. I guess they don't do wheels either.

I know it would not be a cheap car but I bet it would be pretty.

What do you guys think?

Old 12-19-2006, 02:44 PM
SELWA
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Elcon large scale vehicle

Good point!! I think maybe because it would be very expensive and they wouldn't make as much on it as they do with parts. This is were the money is made and the guys like R&D. I think their parts are unique and having them anodized thru Krikke Racing is a nice option too. After having their parts on my buggies I wouldn't go back to FG "Alloy"

Best bet is to buy a used FG and buy Elcon parts for it. Just look at my Leopard Race and that's exactly what I did.
Old 12-19-2006, 03:06 PM
radio_controlled_mad

part of the fun starting from scratch & building it to what ever spec you like
Old 12-19-2006, 04:20 PM
cyclops1970
My Feedback: (5)

Yes it would be nice to see more stuff from elcon to be able too asemble a complete RC with there great quality parts , the parts they dont make would be super easy too make for them
Who no what time will bring !
Old 12-19-2006, 04:27 PM
kengentry5000
My Feedback: (2)

I wish Elcon would take an interest in clone buggies. fg-hopups.com alloy stuff looks great and is priced right but after hearing people having trouble with FG alloy parts I'm an Elcon fanboy ;-)

I have looked at conversion charts from the Marder to the Firehammer. There are alot of compatible parts but the shock towers and body mounts are where I would probably have to get creative.

Elcon could do themselves a big favor here if they would come out with an official crossover parts list for clone buggy owners. If not Elcon then HobbyThek. Some dealer that sells FG, clones and Elcon that could take the time and try to fit the Marder Elcon parts to a clone (pictures like what hellya has done on fg-hopups.com would be excellent).

You listening chevyman_de?
Old 12-19-2006, 04:29 PM
radio_controlled_mad

they almost have a full buggy or monster models now,all eclon "a" arms,clutch,diff,gears,wheels squares,cv drvies,prob only a matter if time before the release a new chassi design - thats more or less a full rolling chassi minus wheels,im likeing the look of the new elcon diff & spiral gears
Old 12-19-2006, 07:28 PM
hellya

ORIGINAL: kengentry5000

I wish Elcon would take an interest in clone buggies. fg-hopups.com alloy stuff looks great and is priced right but after hearing people having trouble with FG alloy parts I'm an Elcon fanboy ;-)

I have looked at conversion charts from the Marder to the Firehammer. There are alot of compatible parts but the shock towers and body mounts are where I would probably have to get creative.

Elcon could do themselves a big favor here if they would come out with an official crossover parts list for clone buggy owners. If not Elcon then HobbyThek. Some dealer that sells FG, clones and Elcon that could take the time and try to fit the Marder Elcon parts to a clone (pictures like what hellya has done on fg-hopups.com would be excellent).

You listening chevyman_de?

You will also have to change the chassis as the length and mounting holes are not in the same

For the front shocktower, use the onroad front bulkheads and shocktowers

Any FG part that you can use on the Firehammer... you can use that same Elcon part

You can find better quality alloy parts than what FG produces for less $$$ than the Elcon ........

Like this entire rear end kit everything you see here only $250
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sp45284.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	133.9 KB
ID:	580309   Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl28553.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	70.2 KB
ID:	580310   Click image for larger version

Name:	Us53615.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	580311  
Old 12-21-2006, 09:47 AM
avgas

Hi all,
I think Elcon will have a full car ready around Feb-March, lots of testing going on.. watch this space..
Steve...