Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Duratrax Shocks on mt/st

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2007, 06:21 PM
miamimac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Duratrax Shocks on mt/st

Anyone tried the duratrax firehammer shocks on the MT or ST? I'd like to change out the stock shocks on my ST but the FG alloy shocks are crazy expensive. I know some have tried the LST shocks, but I've heard mixed reviews on them. Besides I'd like to run all eight shocks instead of 4 for the lst setup. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Here's the link to the firehammer shocks. http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXHTX4&P=X
Old 01-06-2007, 08:51 PM
TheFgMan01

Default RE: Duratrax Shocks on mt/st

i just added 80 weight shock oil to mine the other day but i cant test it since my carb went bad. i dont like the look of 1 shock either
Old 01-06-2007, 11:36 PM
cyclops1970
My Feedback: (5)

Well the Firehammer shocks are 16mm OD and FG's are 20MM od . as for other upgrades to the shock shafts and what not for the firehammer i dont no ..
Old 01-07-2007, 10:57 AM
bigger the better

Are you still using the stock shock oil?
Old 01-07-2007, 11:47 AM
miamimac

No bigger. I put 50 wt. all around...it helped a lot. Its just the stock shocks leak like crazy, and besides i'd like something thats threaded, where you can adjust the spring tension depending on where you are running.
Old 01-07-2007, 11:53 AM
bigger the better

Oh. My shocks have taken a beating and are not leaking yet (knock on wood). My firehammers are leaking also, I have tried to rebuild them and still no luck, leaking like a sive, ticks ya off when you cant find out why? I will try mounting the fire ahmmers onto the MT and see how they fit for ya. Can't imagine a new pair of FH's would'nt work just as well.
Old 01-07-2007, 12:31 PM
miamimac

I've been looking at these too. http://www.teambluestar.com/lst.htm they dont have that piggy back reservoir so two per tire should fit. The stock lst2 shocks are as big as the stock FG's. I emailed Team Blue star and asked for them to send me the specs and pricing on those shocks. If its close enough I will buy 4 and try them out.
Old 01-07-2007, 02:50 PM
bigger the better

Those look nice! Keep us updated onthe specs.
Old 01-09-2007, 09:48 PM
bigger the better

Well not sure if this would be a good idea? The Firehammers are short enough to make a 3/8-1/2" difference and I think that the weight of the tires when fully extended would pull down hard on them. Also found that the springs are much tighter on the Firehammers this could cause it to actually be rougher then the FG’s. JMO.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec89918.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	136.4 KB
ID:	594614   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo39369.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	145.9 KB
ID:	594615  
Old 01-09-2007, 10:04 PM
part-time
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: miamimac

I've been looking at these too. http://www.teambluestar.com/lst.htm they dont have that piggy back reservoir so two per tire should fit. The stock lst2 shocks are as big as the stock FG's. I emailed Team Blue star and asked for them to send me the specs and pricing on those shocks. If its close enough I will buy 4 and try them out.
2 lst shocks might fit on the back with some spacers but 2 will not fit inside the opening for the shocks on the upper front arm. the lst are alot bigger than the stock ones. 38mm spring (lst) 27mm (fg)