Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Help

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2007, 09:10 PM
TheFgMan01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help

Well my truck is acting up again... first thing happend this morning is my failsafe went out on me. truch was running fine.. i replace the fail safe so i can drive the thing and then my engine keeps flooding out no matter how lean i run the needles... why would an engine keep flooding when i just replaced the carb on it? this thing is going back and there going to give me a new MT because it cost way to much to have nothing but problems from the begining.. it's a month old now. it never never ran right. they shipped me a lemon [:@]
Old 01-11-2007, 09:29 PM
cyclops1970
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: Help

How do you determine its flooding on you ?
make sure your choke lever is tight and not showing its open when really its closed .. ? ..
Old 01-11-2007, 09:41 PM
TheFgMan01

well it cuts off, then i pull the plug and its soaked with raw gas every time... then i blow the motor out with an air chuck... it starts up idles for 5 seconds and bogs and dies..... i did this 6 times.. it wont stop flooding... im about the just buy a new motor and carb and a tank and all gaskets... this is pissing me off with a brand new FG... i dont understand anymore
Old 01-11-2007, 09:56 PM
cyclops1970
My Feedback: (5)

ORIGINAL: TheFgMan01

well it cuts off, then i pull the plug and its soaked with raw gas every time... then i blow the motor out with an air chuck... it starts up idles for 5 seconds and bogs and dies..... i did this 6 times.. it wont stop flooding... im about the just buy a new motor and carb and a tank and all gaskets... this is pissing me off with a brand new FG... i dont understand anymore
Well as i stated before you might want too look at your choke possibly ?
if its closed you will flood continulessly !
Old 01-11-2007, 09:59 PM
swatlien

I wouldnt blame FG on a engine problem.... Have you open the motor up to have a look yet? I just blew out a brand new 28.5 with a stuffed crank... There were no ill signs are problems before she locked up on me. Less than one gallon went through it... at least its flooding and not runnig hot.

It could be something minor... the hard part is the time you have to spend on trouble shooting. Good luck.. hope you find the problem soon.
Old 01-11-2007, 10:09 PM
TheFgMan01

no i havent checked the chocke... i't felt normal when i'd close it but ill have to look at it... i did take the motor apart and everything was really clean.. but it was doing this to me when it was stock... could i have broken it in wrong??? its ran fine the first 2 days i had it.. since then its never been right.. but i havent replace fuel lines, i replace cylinder gasket and carb along with carb gaskets.
Old 01-11-2007, 11:08 PM
TheFgMan01

i put in a new plug and it fired right up and ran with me opening the butterfly on the carb.... but now the brand new failsafe i installed just went bad again.... what the hell is going on???? the Venom FS i had for awhile just went bad this morning.... now the brand new one?!?!
Old 01-12-2007, 01:42 AM
teamchrome
My Feedback: (4)

Explain bad..
I had a problem that turned out to be the solder tabs on my reciever battery cracked and on broke. ( loss of one cell in power,1.5v)
I dont think your problems are with faulty parts, unless you have a large black cloud over your head..
Is there someone near you that nows about 2 cycle motors, like a lawn shop or hobbie shop?
Old 01-12-2007, 10:27 AM
TheFgMan01

Well, yeah but he's going out of business and this other hobby shop i talked to didnt want to help me, i told this guy my probs and he blamed my new dominator pipe.....he's an idiot.... i think my radio just went bad, talk about some crappy luck huh.
Old 01-12-2007, 11:55 AM
carpy100

your head/base gasket may have blown and is sucking in air, those are the symptoms i have suffered in the past.
Old 01-12-2007, 04:49 PM
bigger the better

On the intake gasket for the carb there are two holes. Did you make sure to line up the holes to the carb holes?
Old 01-12-2007, 07:58 PM
TheFgMan01

i got it running. i needed a new plug. but now my radio just died out of the blue. a two year old JR XS3 Pro, makes now sense, its only works when the truck is right next to me, 5 feet away nothing but jittering servos.. and i've change the gas servo, the steering is new, and the failsafe is new. also new receiver.. so that leaves my radio.. [&o]
Old 01-12-2007, 09:33 PM
teamchrome
My Feedback: (4)

If your radio has cystals it could be bad, its a cheap thing to try before getting a new radio
Old 01-12-2007, 09:36 PM
SBGasser
Banned

nope those are FM SYNTHS. what RXs, RS300s or RS310s? i have 2 310s. one is a bit flakey the other works fine. i understand teh RS300s where a bit iffy. way moreso than the 310s.
SBG
Old 01-12-2007, 09:44 PM
TheFgMan01

my radio is FM crystal-less how do you find out if it RS300 or RS310 ????
Old 01-12-2007, 09:48 PM
SBGasser
Banned

the rx will have the model number listed on it.
SBG
Old 01-12-2007, 09:52 PM
TheFgMan01

yeah i found the box.. i know on of them have rs310... i have two more receivers to check.. thats either in my OFNA 1/8 buggy or my marder... i need to open the truck
Old 01-12-2007, 09:53 PM
critrmac

Thefgman,is there possible interference in the area you run in? (steel,aluminun copper etc ). is the reciever
antenna fully unravelled ? is it getting good contact with receiver itself ? possible radio interference by
someone with a ham radio or other transmitting device ? when i flew rc aircraft i was glitched a few times
on several or more occasions and once even freakin lost a plane because of it( i sometimes flew near a national gaurd base ).
just some thoughts on what you might want to trouble shoot. hang in there man.
Old 01-12-2007, 10:03 PM
TheFgMan01

well it was the same area's i normally drive in, i havent had any glitches before ever... now all of a sudden it only works when i stand right next to if... batteries are charged and replaced, antenna is up. once you go to take off with-in 5 feet the failsafe will kick in and it'll sit there with the front wheel twitching... it's like stop and go stop and go. this ONLY happens when the engine is running, which is why im confused here [sm=confused.gif]

Hey all 3 receivers are RS310's so you think it's the acual radio itself??
Old 01-12-2007, 10:32 PM
critrmac

I can tell you that when i flew rc aircraft that i actually had a couple of radio's and they
where state of the art computer radio's that i somewhat abused and where held together
by rubber bands with the crystal tac glued with a bit of thin ca to keep it from falling out,
but the radio still functioned as long as i kept everything tight(can't believe i risked it like that)
man i did some helluva rigging back in the day, so i say that to say, before you chuck the radio
go through all possible eqautions. sounds like you may be getting some interference from somewhere,
or some kind of connectivity issue with the antenna, i could be wrong, but just go through the theories
of deduction and hopefully it's something simple and enexpensive.
Old 01-12-2007, 10:55 PM
critrmac

I also noticed that about a couple days after getting the FH that it was cold out
and we where kinda excited about runnin it and by it being pretty cold out, i was
puting the shell on the chasis and in doing so,putting the antenna through the opening
i broke the plastic antenena rod, and it was just kinda hanging and the buggy would stop
and go and the failsafe would kick in and it would go again and so on and so forth, and i
got a new plastic antenna tube ( before i did that i just taped the broken piece together }
and it did not glicth,and when the atntenna was drooping before i fixed it, it was when the
motor was running when i would get the glitching. i gotta learn to be more gentle with these
wonderful toys that we have, you would think after all these years ( in rc aircraft ) i would
learn to be gentle ( and i am ). also how good are those servo's that you have ?
Old 01-13-2007, 12:07 AM
BuggZy99
My Feedback: (2)

dude, the way I see it, if it wasnt for bad luck, you wouldnt have any luck at all.. j/k
if its only when your truck is running that it glitches you might wanna get an isolator cap for the plug, I think ddm has them, not sure.
Old 01-13-2007, 02:17 AM
TheFgMan01

Thanks Buggzy, ill be looking into that. thought of that also.

All my servo's are Hitech servo's . both are pretty good quality i wont say there the best. thanks for somemore directions guy's i will chech everything posible
Old 01-13-2007, 03:08 AM
TheFgMan01

I think i found sometihng upon further inspection... this had to have happened when i was flipping the truck over backwards with that Dominator pipe lol. I yeah my new receiver is probally useless now, you know that antenna coating that comes out of the side of a receiver. i seemed to have shaved some of it off. There a small amount of gold wire exposed now. Welp better put another in [8D]
Old 01-13-2007, 08:09 AM
critrmac

Yep, that's all it takes is one small inperfection in the connection
and there it goes.hope that's it for ya man.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.