Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

baja problems

Old 01-21-2007, 07:22 AM
truckzilla

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default baja problems

wondering if any one had a problem with there motor pinion gear bolt being overtightend from factory,and snapping??
also one of ours, the steering servo had a dead spot in the middle of its travel out of the box. sent back for warranty.
the rear tires seem a little week for a thing with this much grunt. tore one off the rim. just the bead locks left vertually. with black inserts.
Old 01-21-2007, 07:28 AM
gurumods
My Feedback: (43)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: baja problems

I had problem with the tires just like everyone elas.My servo and bolt have been ok.HPI will warranty just about anything.Let them know on monday and you will be surprised with the great customer service.
Old 01-21-2007, 07:40 AM
truckzilla

contacted hpi america last week they told me to contact hpi europe as im in australia.
my LHS has been good about it (massive discount on goods ie new tires) but we sill go with out the 1000dalla item we just bout for a week or so.
Old 01-21-2007, 08:40 AM
hndaman1
My Feedback: (6)

ORIGINAL: truckzilla

contacted hpi america last week they told me to contact hpi europe as im in australia.
my LHS has been good about it (massive discount on goods ie new tires) but we sill go with out the 1000dalla item we just bout for a week or so.

I hope Mirage<<<<Spelliing? doesn't give you the run around like alot of people over in the uk.....[:@] HPI usa has been really good ,and I think ALOT of people ABUSE the system over here, asking for more then then really need......Just my opinion.....
Old 01-21-2007, 08:54 AM
radio_controlled_mad

i talked to the guy at modelsport a while back (1 of uks biggest hpi dealers) he said the baja came with 0 warrenty over here in the uk,mirage is distribution for hpi and have a rep of been crappy at supplying any spares not just for the baja,thought warrenty is down to hpi not the distribution,the 2yr deal in the usa is excellent
Old 01-21-2007, 08:58 AM
sneff

That really sucks about the UK warranty problem!! I hate to hear stuff like that[:@]
Old 01-21-2007, 09:06 AM
ScooterTrash

[:@] Hi radio_controlled_mad, I would tell that guy at modelsport what I thought about his shop & the HPI
2yr deal factory warrenty! & Take my want's somewhere elce! PS: That is just me!
Old 01-21-2007, 09:13 AM
radio_controlled_mad

its same with any make not just hpi - its the kind of item that you would expect wear and tear and to be buying spares for unless it was a genuine fault then it should be replaced,i would expect its same in the usa when buying models with the baja warrenty been the exception,,,does hpi cover there nitors with the same kind of deal over there?
Old 01-21-2007, 03:23 PM
warriorking

There has been a couple of people with that srew/nut problem everyone seem to solve the problem by
removing the pinion gear use a pliers to extract the rest of the screw and go to your local hardware store
for a replacement.

size hardened M4x15mm
Old 01-22-2007, 05:21 AM
truckzilla

yeh tats what we did but 2 out of 3 beeing over tightened to the point of snapping is a bit poor on hpi's behalf. cos the bolt tightens against the head and not the bottom of the hole ots easy to remove the stud end, used my fingers and cos its tightens against the pinion it has some sticking out of the clutch bell. the servo was just bad luck,... electrics hmmf. were getting waranty on it. i think the import company for each country deals with waranty and hpi pays them accordingly, they would hold the parts for, say 3 months then chuck em unless hpi recall em or want to check em out, this way they find ongoing faults, ie the yellow insurts comming appart.
not sure if this is how it works, correct me if im wrong. this is sort of how the automotive industry works and i thought it may be similar?