Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Cold weather radio glitch?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2007, 08:11 PM
Nitro RC Man
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cold weather radio glitch?

Hi guys it finally warmed up here in ny to a whopping 15o and i couldnt help but take the fg out for a spin. I noticed that when i let off the gas the steering twitches one way or another rally quick. Or when i turn the gas sometimes glitches and it spins out, not alot but its noticeable. I have not had this problem in warmer weather could the temp be the culprit? Or could it be the flywheel interfering and i just hadnt noticed it before? Any info will be appreciated. Thanks
Old 02-03-2007, 10:32 PM
SBGasser
Banned

Default RE: Cold weather radio glitch?

it not the most likely, but the temperature can mess with many things and Radio Signal is one of the things it will mess with. but i would think with the frequencies being used in RC, tempurature would have any amount of efffec that would cause glitching. i would lean more to metal rubbing, or low batteries, or similar. the odds are fairly slim imo anyways that its temperature realated radio signal issues.

SBG
Old 02-03-2007, 11:57 PM
BuggZy99
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Cold weather radio glitch?

if your batteries get frosty or very cold then the voltage will vary, i remember a few years back driving our savages out in the cold, every 20 to 30 minutes the hump packs needed to be changed cause they would drain alot faster in cold and after 15 minutes or so we started getting weird glitches. Pretty sure its your problem, especially if you brought the truck out from a nice warm home.