Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Multiplex Servos

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2007, 08:42 AM
SELWA
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Multiplex Servos

Ok I'm a bit torn. I use a 805 and 2 5645's in my Leopard Race. I bought some Multiplex servos off a friend. Excellent deal!!

I have a Jumbo Digi, Power speed digi and I think the other is a power speed. Are they much better than what I have. I know they seem slower but they all have full metal gears and I'll be using nylon horns, rather strip a horn than the gears inside. PLus the red colour would look nice with all the Krikke Red aluminum.

What do do you guys think? I may try the change tonight.
Old 02-08-2007, 08:47 AM
No Moa

Default RE: Multiplex Servos

I have 6 multiplex servos, both my Bergs have them, they are great. My only problam was finding replacement horns.
Old 02-08-2007, 08:51 AM
SELWA

Horns are not a problem. Advance has them for $3.45 for 2, Just bought some last week.
Old 02-10-2007, 06:32 PM
BuggZy99
My Feedback: (2)

isnt the multiplex a hitec servo in a red skirt ??
Old 02-10-2007, 07:29 PM
Dragracer1260

Only the Rhino's and later I beleive are now made by Hitec

All of the above servo's are good old fashion Multiplex through and through
Old 02-10-2007, 07:36 PM
Apache-

Not exactly the same.
The Rhino is a bit better I would say, but also you pay extra for that one.
Rhino digi4 comes with several delrin horns (cross form, as a plate, as a disk etc) all supplied with the servo.
The Hitec comes with only one horn, coloured blue made from aluminium (nice one!).
Myself I never had an issue with the multiplex or the horns in delrin and will keep on using them till something better comes on the market. Hitec is great as well but gears strip a bit earlier and the produced force is less compared to the Rhino.

For gas/brake the thundertiger ace DS1015 proved the best and most reliable servo, I gues +80% of the drivers here use them.
Even they are using it for steering in a double set-up (14.7kgcm each, so almost 29kgcm together) works also well.
Besides excelent performance they are true eye candy [8D]
Pity they do not make a bigger brother for steering (yet). I asked them some year ago, at that time there were no plans in that direction they told me. I hope plans changed. When they would bring a servo in same quality as the ace range for steering then it would be I gues the best one could buy. They did a nice job on the housing of the servo. These cooling ribs are not only looking cool they also do a "cool"job

But there are many other choices as well for servos (futaba, kopopro, Tone, Oddiefied tone etc. etc...)
It probably depends a bit on you personal taste and experience you had in the past as well, for me the above applies.
Old 02-10-2007, 11:11 PM
SELWA

After trying it out I've decided to stick with my Hitech's. The Multiplex ones are older, sound much louder and are harder to adjust. Plus the horns are not as long as I need so it limits steering. I may just have to put the Multiplex servos on EBay or RCU Market place