Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

How does this truck compaire to the FG MT?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

How does this truck compaire to the FG MT?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2007, 09:24 PM
JUCD VPR

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default How does this truck compaire to the FG MT?

How does this truck compaire to the FG MT? It's 4 wheel drive!
http://www.rc-car-online.de/htstarteng.htm

But is it as tough? Whats the difference in ground clerance? Are they the same size?
$1100.00 with radio and receivers. Would the FG be better.
Old 02-14-2007, 09:43 PM
bryan70546
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How does this truck compaire to the FG MT?

its not out on the market yet so it would be hard to compare.looks good though.
Old 02-14-2007, 09:50 PM
JUCD VPR

ORIGINAL: bryan70546

its not out on the market yet so it would be hard to compare.looks good though.
Dang i didn't see that. Guess i'll stick to the FG
Old 02-14-2007, 10:01 PM
bryan70546

juiced if you want 4wd you can allways convert the fg ,but once you do that with what you have paid to convert it you could have a nice mcd ,but its up to you what ever you decide your on the right trac with the fg.i had a fg mt ,but i wanted 4wd ,so i got the mcd and its pure fun.i got the blackline version and kind of over powered the rear locked diff , so its now getting a open diff to solve my problem.i love the handleing of the 4wd it so neat to be able to drift that big ole hog.
Old 02-14-2007, 10:07 PM
JUCD VPR

juiced if you want 4wd you can allways convert the fg ,but once you do that with what you have paid to convert it you could have a nice mcd ,but its up to you what ever you decide your on the right trac with the fg.i had a fg mt ,but i wanted 4wd ,so i got the mcd and its pure fun.i got the blackline version and kind of over powered the rear locked diff , so its now getting a open diff to solve my problem.i love the handleing of the 4wd it so neat to be able to drift that big ole hog.
Yah i know and thats the thing. I have lots of snow here so i'm wondering how well the FG will do. I'm thinking it'll get stuck easily? Any perdiction how the 2 wheel s=drive will do in the snow?
BUT man the 4 wheel drive MCD is SO EXPENSIVE, theres no way i can justify spending all that $ right now. I just bought a GSt 7.7, Stampede XL-5 and a Diamondback hood for 5K (unpainted) for my Dodge Viper.
Theres no way i can swing 2k. 1500 i could do but not more then that.
Old 02-14-2007, 10:15 PM
bryan70546

you could allways sell the viperi know your pain i had 3 largescales plus ,big gassers boats i had to sell them all to get my mcd , but i all so got a hpi baja at the same time.sports cars are a bottomless pit.i had a 97 mustang gt with a procharger ps1-c with a 3 core intercooler .that car got me in more trouble............................and cost me a ton.sold it and moved on .but hey i could not pass up this beast ,got it how i want it.and will probley buy another.you need to check out www.largescalerc.com awesome guys to deal with they sell the fg line mt rtr for 1300.00 or more.call and talk to troy are scott .real good people.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Cz79796.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	148.0 KB
ID:	621935  
Old 02-15-2007, 12:17 AM
TheFgMan01

ORIGINAL: JUCD VPR

Yah i know and thats the thing. I have lots of snow here so i'm wondering how well the FG will do. I'm thinking it'll get stuck easily? Any perdiction how the 2 wheel s=drive will do in the snow?
BUT man the 4 wheel drive MCD is SO EXPENSIVE, theres no way i can justify spending all that $ right now. I just bought a GSt 7.7,
Stampede XL-5 and a Diamondback hood for 5K (unpainted) for my Dodge Viper.

Hey i drove my FG Monster Hummer in the snow a couple days ago. i pretty much ran it out of gas out there.. anyway it being 2wd all it did for me is just spin. Ofcoarse it would never go where i'd want it to go and i'd get alot of un-wanted donuts. but that could be the tires to. I never taken my Marder out in the stuff yet but it needs a new diff. others with FG's had great luck in the snow, i saw a couple vid's of it. So dont think FG's suck in the snow! But the 4wd's seem to run in the snow like it was on dirt which i witnessed with a racerunner...
good luck
Old 02-15-2007, 07:54 AM
JUCD VPR

ORIGINAL: TheFgMan01

ORIGINAL: JUCD VPR

BUT man the 4 wheel drive MCD is SO EXPENSIVE, theres no way i can justify spending all that $ right now. I just bought a GSt 7.7,
Stampede XL-5 and a Diamondback hood for 5K (unpainted) for my Dodge Viper.

Hey i drove my FG Monster Hummer in the snow a couple days ago. i pretty much ran it out of gas out there.. anyway it being 2wd all it did for me is just spin. Ofcoarse it would never go where i'd want it to go and i'd get alot of un-wanted donuts. but that could be the tires to. I never taken my Marder out in the stuff yet but it needs a new diff. others with FG's had great luck in the snow, i saw a couple vid's of it. So dont think FG's suck in the snow! But the 4wd's seem to run in the snow like it was on dirt which i witnessed with a racerunner...
good luck
So you got it stuck in the snow are was it still plowing through but still spinning?
I'm pretty positive i'm going with the Fg anyway, no way i can spend that kinda money on a MCD right now.
Old 02-15-2007, 09:11 AM
borley1863

Hi if using in the snow it depends on the tires, i had a set of king cobra spikes on marder wheels which i put on my FGMT when we had some snow last week, it ripped through the snow to the pavement and diddn`t slide much at all, maybe if it had the standard tires on it would.