Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Baja Engine Problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2007, 03:13 AM
Recon8541

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Baja Engine Problem

Well I took the baja apart to get rid of that ungodly purple. Reassembled and it just wont start. ran great before I took it apart. Fuel tank is breathing ok. All gaskets/Seals are tight. New spark plug. coil mags ste at .010. completely removed cleaned carb. Great bright blue spark. Compression seems good. I am completely stumped here. Any Ideas you guys may have woud be more than appreciated!
Old 02-16-2007, 03:14 AM
badz
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Baja Engine Problem

backwards fuel lines....or air leak...gas engines need only these things to run, compression,spark,fuel and air
Old 02-16-2007, 03:22 AM
Recon8541

fuel lines are correct....and if there is an air leak dang if i can find it...
Old 02-16-2007, 03:53 AM
hathi
Banned

how did you check the spark? With the plug pulled? Not the best way if you did, find your self a spark tester it will show what kind of spark you have in the motor. As this can differ from what you get from just pulling the plug and testing it that way.
Old 02-16-2007, 04:00 AM
Recon8541

yes thats how i tested it, just pulled it and let it rest on the head. perhaps thats a better way is to get a tester. Gotta tell ya this has left me scratchin my head.
Old 02-16-2007, 04:13 AM
aluminum crusher

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Recon8541

yes thats how i tested it, just pulled it and let it rest on the head. perhaps thats a better way is to get a tester. Gotta tell ya this has left me scratchin my head.
Make sure the kill switch is not stuck in the in position, if it is screw in a small screw into the center of the red kill switch button. Leave the head of the screw sticking out about 4 to 5mm from flush so that you may be able to pull it out from the stuck position with your pliers. I hope this helps
Old 02-16-2007, 04:22 AM
Recon8541

Thanks for the tip on the kill switch. Im pretty certain its not that, as I am getting spark. one thing I did notice upon removing the prefilter and air filter....the airfilter is soaked with gas...thats odd, I just dont know what it means....pretty new to all this stuff.
Old 02-16-2007, 04:33 AM
borley1863

well if the filter is soaked , it might be flooded turn engine upside down, take plug out and pull it a couple of times to see if fuel comes out. Also make sure choke is closed!
Old 02-16-2007, 05:39 AM
badz
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: Recon8541

Thanks for the tip on the kill switch. Im pretty certain its not that, as I am getting spark. one thing I did notice upon removing the prefilter and air filter....the airfilter is soaked with gas...thats odd, I just dont know what it means....pretty new to all this stuff.
Air Filters soaked with gas it's flooded...clear the gas outta it and it should fire....btw that kill switch trick is for the old rc's that didn't use rubber covers over the switches.