Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

engine tuning

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2007, 07:53 AM
tufty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default engine tuning

hi all,
just a quick question, what is the simplest method of tuning a zenoah 26cc engine? i.e pinching fuel lines to see if revs increase etc, many thanks tufty
Old 02-27-2007, 08:31 AM
radio_controlled_mad

Default RE: engine tuning

turn the "L" needle clockwise till the revs pick up once it does back it off slightly till the revs drop down,open the "H" needle 1/8 turn at a time (anti clockwise) if it bogs at wot
Old 02-27-2007, 09:31 AM
Earth Surfer

For the high speed jet, because a RC engine could seize in seconds if it is too lean, I like to do spark plug checks between runs of steady thropttle, and I do several runs to "work up" to full throttle while checking the plug b etween runs, adjusting, and making another run with more RPM until your going full throttle. If the plug is dark in color (black or brown), you are safe to increase RPM for the next run. If you can't get a good color to your plug while your working up to full throttle and your plug is running white or very light, even if your high speed jst is a whopping 2 turns out, you have some otyher problem like a carb problem or some fuel delivery problem. If you don't fix it, you stand a chance of seizing.

Rememberr, a hot engine under load needs more fuel than a cold engine on a stand with no load. So no matter what method you use, the engine should at least be up to operating temps, and a clean air filter should be used also.
Old 02-27-2007, 12:46 PM
tufty

sorry' i understood the tuning point until i got to the phrase "bog at wot"[]can you please elaborate a little please,many thanks
Old 02-27-2007, 01:22 PM
bigger the better

Deleted