Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Help with Baja 5B Outerwear

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2007, 07:23 PM
kazuaki

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with Baja 5B Outerwear

Anyone else have the Outerwear (pre-filter) for the Baja 5B Air Filter? The damn thing is impossible to put on. Any tips would be appreciated. The pull-start filter was easy, but I gave up on the air filter. The tight clearance between the filter, gas lines, and tank make it very difficult.
Old 03-02-2007, 11:30 PM
hndaman1
My Feedback: (6)

Default RE: Help with Baja 5B Outerwear

use a needle nose pliers...... and sneek it over... there is suppose to be a larger one being made??? just for the reason....your not the only one with the issue
Old 03-06-2007, 04:06 AM
TGNman

There are two types of filters being sold for the BAJA. The one with elastic on the end is a multi use model. The one with the draw string on the end is bigger and made just for the HPI stock filter

We sell both but most dealers sell only the smaller one for some reason.

Mark Hull
teamgonads
Old 03-06-2007, 10:23 AM
fourwheeler

The tight fit is a double edged sword...a pain to get on but really seals up the filter well. You can always move the gas tank to install it if you want to.
Old 03-06-2007, 01:25 PM
warriorking

I also use a needle nose pliers works just fine. The good thing about the pre filter
is you don't need to change the filter so much. So after 3-4 hardcore bash sessions
and its time to clean the baja which include removing the radio tray and tank thats a good time to deal with the
filter while the tank is out.
Old 03-06-2007, 06:51 PM
cenracer1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I run the TGN outer filter.. the heavy red spong kind... I found it easier to relocate the fuel tubing away from under the airfilter to the left side of the buggy.. they tend to want to go that way anyway.. I used the stainless braided line for added protection and have had no problems with this setup... much easier to service the air filter now... the under the filter seemed to crush the soft fuel line especially with the added 3rd filter...