Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

MCD Company

Old 03-04-2007, 02:43 PM
huw4027

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: MCD Company

Ok fellas alot has been said and i am trying to digest it all.
Hey Bryan Troy is a nice guy there is no question about that but that
does not mean the owner of MCD is also one and remember this is a forum
all views should be shared whether you like what is said or not which reminds
me of this saying "one man's treasure can be another's garbage. [8D]
I recently spoke to Troy and he gave me a quote on a MCD truck and yes
it was expensive but before shelling out that kind of money i would have to
feel comfortable about parts support and the manufacturer's reputation and
we all know that with FG and even HPI that is not an issue that is why the decision to purchase them was easy.
I like the MCD because it is bigger, you can have your choice of engine which
is great ,it has 4 wheel drive which is a big plus and also it is super tough
by the reviews given.
I wonder though if it is really worth that much because i could buy a Fg mt for $980.00 and spend say $1000.00 on upgrades and it will still be cheaper.
I guess i will wait to see what the other BOYS are coming out with.
In closing i would like to again remind you guys not to take things
so personal there will be likes and dislikes so respect your fellow man.[8D]
Old 03-04-2007, 03:12 PM
aluminum crusher

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: huw4027

Ok fellas alot has been said and i am trying to digest it all.
Hey Bryan Troy is a nice guy there is no question about that but that
does not mean the owner of MCD is also one and remember this is a forum
all views should be shared whether you like what is said or not which reminds
me of this saying "one man's treasure can be another's garbage. [8D]
I recently spoke to Troy and he gave me a quote on a MCD truck and yes
it was expensive but before shelling out that kind of money i would have to
feel comfortable about parts support and the manufacturer's reputation and
we all know that with FG and even HPI that is not an issue that is why the decision to purchase them was easy.
I like the MCD because it is bigger, you can have your choice of engine which
is great ,it has 4 wheel drive which is a big plus and also it is super tough
by the reviews given.
I wonder though if it is really worth that much because i could buy a Fg mt for $980.00 and spend say $1000.00 on upgrades and it will still be cheaper.
I guess i will wait to see what the other BOYS are coming out with.
In closing i would like to again remind you guys not to take things
so personal there will be likes and dislikes so respect your fellow man.[8D]
AMEN...WELL SAID
Old 03-04-2007, 04:33 PM
Bulldogger
My Feedback: (1)

First off Bryan, I’m not your pal. Secondly, I never asked you to explain anything so I don’t know what you’re talking about. In your quote, “ as long as they keep pumping out vehicles people will buy them if you cant afford it, buy something else.†Who does the “you†refer to? I believe you are referring to me by the context of the sentence.

“.if you know sinan and he is a ***** why did you buy his product sounds fishy to me.†Again, if you were able to follow the sequence of events, you would clearly see that I first purchased the MCD from Sinner’s RC. Next I needed some replacement parts and called Sinner’s. That’s when Don told me he was cut off by MCD, and I would have to deal with them directly. At this point, I had my first encounter with Sinan. This should clear up any “Fishiness.â€

“like you give a crap about troy and his business if you did you would not be writing garbage like this†My post was about the company MCD and their past history in the U.S. and my own personal dealings with the owner. As far as Troy goes, I wish him all the luck in the world and want him to be successful. Obviously we all share a common interest in the same hobby and Troy supplies us with a very beneficial service. It is always nice to get parts and service here in the U.S.

“by the way mr perfect my name is BRYAN not BRIAN maybe you need to work on your reading skills.and maybe learn to be a little more polite to people.†This is coming from the person whose statement to me was “quit your crying like a big baby about mcd†NOW THAT’S FUNNY.

Bryan, I don’t know what your problem is and I really don’t care. If you are going to attack someone for expressing a concern to possible consumers based on their own personal knowledge and dealings with a company, you first might want to brush up on your own English skills like punctuation, grammar and sentence structure.
The reason for the article is I feel that if people are going to spend 2-3000 dollars on a hobby/toy they maybe interested in problems pertaining to that particular company and a past history on them. After making a 2-3000 dollar investment on an MCD, it would be comforting to know that they have the market support that is available from other 1/5scale manufacturers. MCD is not a new product like you state here, “crap like this pisses me off because every time a new product comes out and starts making a name for its self the goobers come out of the wood work and start their crap†MCD has been around for quite sometime. In Fact, it was about 5 years ago that they bailed on the U.S., and it took all this time before there was another U.S. dealer to do business with them again.
Whizzy, Badz and Radio-controlled mad have an understanding of MCD. I believe it is important for people to know or be aware of potential problems that can arise by owning a MCD product. I don’t believe it is wrong to share information to possibly help someone prevent a problem that myself and others have run into in the past. All I have done is shared information; people will make their own decisions on what products they want to buy. Like I said I was originally considering buying another MCD and then found the GP Racing information, which started me to reconsider buying from MCD again. I don’t believe MCD has changed their attitude towards the customer over the years.
Old 03-04-2007, 05:46 PM
chrisandalex1

WELL, As a consumer I think having all information available to me is important. Actually, this is why I love forums like this. After doing my own discovery, I still believe it is the best product out right now, and I just ordered two, and I believe I am going to get two more of the new pro trucks.

MCD - IF you are paying attention to this, please keep your products coming and the parts available to those of us who need them.

Chris
Proud New MCD Owner
Old 03-04-2007, 05:51 PM
dude7422

HI WELL PUT LOL
ORIGINAL: badz

I'd be worried if I owned a MCD, I mean honestly this quote alone would tick me off

"I do know that in my case MCD does expect me to move a certain amount of product to make it worth there while. The export process realy is not worth shipping 2-3 cars a month and a few parts half way around the world."

Doesn't sound like caring about customer's at all...sure it's not cost effective to ship 1 truck but a sale is a sale and it is a retail business. Just imagine how we'd feel if all these other companies felt this way since 90% of these rc's are made oversea's. I'm not impressed with a retailer claiming "cost effective" cause we all know damn well these's rc's don't cost anywhere near what we pay and most are made in sweat shops by 9yo's. Try eating some profit and it will be cost effective is all I can say.

bryan..hope you do continue to have support for your truck it'd suck not too...but either way s**t happen's and worse case is ya make it a collectable...no biggy it's still yours and you like it
Old 03-04-2007, 05:53 PM
ScooterTrash

[:'(] Da** why don't yall [sm=cry_smile.gif]'s grow the H*** UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-04-2007, 05:53 PM
dude7422

THAT bryan does more harm then good he needs to learn to be tackful he chase away more then help people
ORIGINAL: Bulldogger

First off Bryan, I’m not your pal. Secondly, I never asked you to explain anything so I don’t know what you’re talking about. In your quote, “ as long as they keep pumping out vehicles people will buy them if you cant afford it, buy something else.†Who does the “you†refer to? I believe you are referring to me by the context of the sentence.

“.if you know sinan and he is a ***** why did you buy his product sounds fishy to me.†Again, if you were able to follow the sequence of events, you would clearly see that I first purchased the MCD from Sinner’s RC. Next I needed some replacement parts and called Sinner’s. That’s when Don told me he was cut off by MCD, and I would have to deal with them directly. At this point, I had my first encounter with Sinan. This should clear up any “Fishiness.â€

“like you give a crap about troy and his business if you did you would not be writing garbage like this†My post was about the company MCD and their past history in the U.S. and my own personal dealings with the owner. As far as Troy goes, I wish him all the luck in the world and want him to be successful. Obviously we all share a common interest in the same hobby and Troy supplies us with a very beneficial service. It is always nice to get parts and service here in the U.S.

“by the way mr perfect my name is BRYAN not BRIAN maybe you need to work on your reading skills.and maybe learn to be a little more polite to people.†This is coming from the person whose statement to me was “quit your crying like a big baby about mcd†NOW THAT’S FUNNY.

Bryan, I don’t know what your problem is and I really don’t care. If you are going to attack someone for expressing a concern to possible consumers based on their own personal knowledge and dealings with a company, you first might want to brush up on your own English skills like punctuation, grammar and sentence structure.
The reason for the article is I feel that if people are going to spend 2-3000 dollars on a hobby/toy they maybe interested in problems pertaining to that particular company and a past history on them. After making a 2-3000 dollar investment on an MCD, it would be comforting to know that they have the market support that is available from other 1/5scale manufacturers. MCD is not a new product like you state here, “crap like this pisses me off because every time a new product comes out and starts making a name for its self the goobers come out of the wood work and start their crap†MCD has been around for quite sometime. In Fact, it was about 5 years ago that they bailed on the U.S., and it took all this time before there was another U.S. dealer to do business with them again.
Whizzy, Badz and Radio-controlled mad have an understanding of MCD. I believe it is important for people to know or be aware of potential problems that can arise by owning a MCD product. I don’t believe it is wrong to share information to possibly help someone prevent a problem that myself and others have run into in the past. All I have done is shared information; people will make their own decisions on what products they want to buy. Like I said I was originally considering buying another MCD and then found the GP Racing information, which started me to reconsider buying from MCD again. I don’t believe MCD has changed their attitude towards the customer over the years.
Old 03-04-2007, 10:06 PM
bryan70546
My Feedback: (4)

.now was this fun or what.if most would pay attention , why in the hell would mcd bail out ,when they are making money ,this tread is stupid .bulldogger had a bad deal with mcd thats all ,so he figured he would let everyone know that he got the shaft from mcd .things change and so do people .looks like mcd is doing good here in the states.and bulldogger hold on to your big hummer .wont be long you will have parts for it to.because its being brought back to life .
Old 03-04-2007, 10:14 PM
bryan70546

awesome at least someone is not affraid to buy and enjoy a mcd .
ORIGINAL: chrisandalex1

WELL, As a consumer I think having all information available to me is important. Actually, this is why I love forums like this. After doing my own discovery, I still believe it is the best product out right now, and I just ordered two, and I believe I am going to get two more of the new pro trucks.

MCD - IF you are paying attention to this, please keep your products coming and the parts available to those of us who need them.

Chris
Proud New MCD Owner
Old 03-04-2007, 11:07 PM
bryan70546

ha ha ha your funny .[:'(] i must not be doing a good enough job ,your still here.
ORIGINAL: dude7422

THAT bryan does more harm then good he needs to learn to be tackful he chase away more then help people
ORIGINAL: Bulldogger

Old 03-04-2007, 11:20 PM
bryan70546

I wonder though if it is really worth that much because i could buy a Fg mt for $980.00 and spend say $1000.00 on upgrades and it will still be cheaper. now that statement right thier makes buying a mcd worth buying it even more. simple fact is mcd is going to be around for a while ,they would not keep comong out with new models if they were going to just bail on everyone.i think troy and sinan have a very good realationship and care about constomers ,but i know they take care of me .so i will back both troy and mcd 100% .if you dont like what i say or how i say it ,well kiss my ass i dont give a flying crap. all post like this do is hurt the rc bussniess ,some one reads crap like this and think to them selves well i aint buying this truck,then they buy something else.when the trucks dont sale things get bad quick .and yea maybe you will have to pull the plug.but going on the net and writing post like this wont help any company at all .not when they are trying to bring a new product on the market.when the trucks dont sale thier goes the parts .[]maybe when mcd first came out the largescale market was not that big here in the states yet ,when they realized that they were not making money ,they pulled the plug .now that the market has grown so much ,they went back to the drawing board ,and gave it another shot ,and lord and behold look what has happened ,back in bussiness .and probley doing well.as long as the hobby keeps going the way it is here in the states .i think its safe to say they will be around .if not oh well i am wrong .and i have a big ole collectable .[]until then i will keep running my mcd ,i dont really worry about spare parts to much .i have to break em first .and i have broke some ,but they were avalable .thats the good part.troy keeps a good stock of parts .bryan
Old 03-05-2007, 05:38 AM
original.mb

i agree mate i think people are jumping on you for sticking up for your positive experience its not on and i think there have been alot of childish replys. c'mon guys give bryan a break he gave his honest opinion and as an mcd owner i agree with him. when bulldozer had his experience it sounds like it was a while back and distribution for mcd has gotten much better in the last 12 months worldwide so with success of there new kits means its more popular which also means more distribution and full on support. makes sense don't you think and i can't see someone pulling the plug on an expanding succesful business
ORIGINAL: bryan70546

I wonder though if it is really worth that much because i could buy a Fg mt for $980.00 and spend say $1000.00 on upgrades and it will still be cheaper. now that statement right thier makes buying a mcd worth buying it even more. simple fact is mcd is going to be around for a while ,they would not keep comong out with new models if they were going to just bail on everyone.i think troy and sinan have a very good realationship and care about constomers ,but i know they take care of me .so i will back both troy and mcd 100% .if you dont like what i say or how i say it ,well kiss my ass i dont give a flying crap. all post like this do is hurt the rc bussniess ,some one reads crap like this and think to them selves well i aint buying this truck,then they buy something else.when the trucks dont sale things get bad quick .and yea maybe you will have to pull the plug.but going on the net and writing post like this wont help any company at all .not when they are trying to bring a new product on the market.when the trucks dont sale thier goes the parts .[]maybe when mcd first came out the largescale market was not that big here in the states yet ,when they realized that they were not making money ,they pulled the plug .now that the market has grown so much ,they went back to the drawing board ,and gave it another shot ,and lord and behold look what has happened ,back in bussiness .and probley doing well.as long as the hobby keeps going the way it is here in the states .i think its safe to say they will be around .if not oh well i am wrong .and i have a big ole collectable .[]until then i will keep running my mcd ,i dont really worry about spare parts to much .i have to break em first .and i have broke some ,but they were avalable .thats the good part.troy keeps a good stock of parts .bryan
Old 03-05-2007, 06:30 AM
bryan70546

thanks glad someone understands what im trying to say.
ORIGINAL: original.mb

i agree mate i think people are jumping on you for sticking up for your positive experience its not on and i think there have been alot of childish replys. c'mon guys give bryan a break he gave his honest opinion and as an mcd owner i agree with him. when bulldozer had his experience it sounds like it was a while back and distribution for mcd has gotten much better in the last 12 months worldwide so with success of there new kits means its more popular which also means more distribution and full on support. makes sense don't you think and i can't see someone pulling the plug on an expanding succesful business

Old 03-05-2007, 08:20 AM
aluminum crusher

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks glad someone understands what im trying to say.

MY GOSH YOU MEAN THAT'S IT'S 2 OF YOU...LOL just kidding Bryan
Old 03-05-2007, 09:55 AM
huw4027

You know Bryan i think we all understood what you were trying to say but
you seem to get very arrogant when criticized or contested. [X(][X(]
I am very surprised that the moderators allow that type language here on
the forum. [sm=thumbs_down.gif][sm=thumbs_down.gif]
Old 03-05-2007, 10:10 AM
huw4027

Some of us need to remember that there are many people around the world
viewing this forum and honestly debates can be very entertaining and
also informative but when they start to get dirty by the use of foul language
and personal it will turn away prospective members as well as turn off those
of us who are already members. [:@][:@]
Old 03-05-2007, 03:24 PM
dude7422

hello you know the funny part about this I now know what 1/5th to buy when tax return gets here can you say hpi baja because I have enough problems in my life as it is dont need to add more by buying a mcd 4 x 4 then can't get parts so thanks to all for all the help you dont here this kind of stuff going on with hpi just need to get rid of the small wheels that the baja comes with ez fix
Old 03-05-2007, 09:44 PM
bryan70546

ORIGINAL: dude7422

hello you know the funny part about this I now know what 1/5th to buy when tax return gets here can you say hpi baja because I have enough problems in my life as it is dont need to add more by buying a mcd 4 x 4 then can't get parts so thanks to all for all the help you dont here this kind of stuff going on with hpi just need to get rid of the small wheels that the baja comes with ez fix
ha ha ha ,problems huh .yea go ahead and get you a baja .your going to need spare parts.great choice ,awesome vehicle your going to love it..
Old 03-05-2007, 09:45 PM
bryan70546

ORIGINAL: huw4027

Some of us need to remember that there are many people around the world
viewing this forum and honestly debates can be very entertaining and
also informative but when they start to get dirty by the use of foul language
and personal it will turn away prospective members as well as turn off those
of us who are already members. [:@][:@]
[sm=cry_smile.gif][sm=cry_smile.gif][sm=cry_smile.gif][sm=cry_smile.gif][sm=cry_smile.gif][sm=cry_smile.gif][sm=cry_smile.gif][sm=cry_smile.gif][sm=cry_smile.gif][sm=cry_smile.gif][sm=cry_smile.gif][sm=cry_smile.gif][sm=cry_smile.gif][sm=cry_smile.gif]
Old 03-05-2007, 11:15 PM
huw4027

It seems to me that this is all fun and games to you and you know if i did not
see that picture of you with your MCD i would swear you were a teen but hey you are surely acting like one.
What i really find interesting is that you seem to be a staunch advocate
for MCD when to the best of my knowledge you have not even ran a tank thru
your truck as yet...and why not Bryan...please enlighten us. [sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif]
Old 03-05-2007, 11:58 PM
bryan70546

maybe its because i am 300 miles from home,and another 180miles in the gulf of mexico working .some people have to do that for a living ya know .i have not seen my family for a month .so yea maybe in am a little on the edge these days .looking at water all day and being around a bunch of groumpy old men this long you kind of develelope a attitude.so i am sorry if i hurt anyones feelings.this is all fun ,you guys ruffle my feathers ,i ruffle right back ,its all good just funand games.i am a kid a big kid,and yes my truck is broke ,so is my baja ,i swapped out the locked diff for a open diff ,locked diff was a bad idea on my part .but its all good .i got me another fg coming from troy also , plus about 600 bucks worth of goodies for the 3 of them from daves motors.i also snapped my rear drive shaft on my mcd , when i took it out i noticed that the pin had been drilled off center.troy sent me all new free parts , just have not had time to fix anything with work and my new born baby .i miss home.and i miss my kids[&o]so is that good enough for you .or did you want me to say that i hate mcd that they are garbage .and not back my dealer who takes care of me .and alot of others.any thing else you want to know .the internet is about the only place i have right now that keep me in a good mood.so we can do this ,and chat and be all happy and merry as much as you like.it puts a smile on my face .gives me something to look foward to.when i come on tower .working 20 hrs a day ,for this long ,sometimes a little fun goes a long waysi hope you understand. im just pulling your chains .and getting a laugh out of all this at the same time.
Old 03-06-2007, 01:58 AM
whizzy

just to let u know lauterbacher is releasing there 4wd in june/july only found this out yesterday
Old 03-06-2007, 04:05 AM
bryan70546

you going to get one whizzy .they look awesome.
ORIGINAL: whizzy

just to let u know lauterbacher is releasing there 4wd in june/july only found this out yesterday
Old 03-06-2007, 04:52 AM
shajaan6

Wow, I wish i could get this much response for some of the questions ive asked... heh
Old 03-06-2007, 07:37 AM
No Moa
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: whizzy

They were going to release a MT about 2 years ago, FGPROs still has a picture of it on his website.

http://fgpros.com/_wsn/page5.html

This was the too be Lauterbacher MT as i recall.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.