Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

How LOUD is the DDM pipe?

Old 03-02-2007, 11:10 PM
JUCD VPR

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default How LOUD is the DDM pipe?

Just curious compaired to a jetpro 2 silenced pipe? I LIKE loud BUT I don't want it so loud that it annoys everyone. I live on compound with the US Ambassador here and our house and the ambassadors does have some sound proofing but i just want to make sure it's not crazy loud ya know?
Also how does the DDM compaire to the jetpro 2 silenced pipe in performance?
Old 03-03-2007, 12:10 AM
aluminum crusher

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: How LOUD is the DDM pipe?

ORIGINAL: JUCD VPR

Just curious compaired to a jetpro 2 silenced pipe? I LIKE loud BUT I don't want it so loud that it annoys everyone. I live on compound with the US Ambassador here and our house and the ambassadors does have some sound proofing but i just want to make sure it's not crazy loud ya know?
Also how does the DDM compaire to the jetpro 2 silenced pipe in performance?
OK to get a good example of how loud it is, just turn your computer speakers all the way up and then play this video at exactly 1:30 in the morning LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xS5h2dM6yk
Old 03-03-2007, 12:27 AM
TheFgMan01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it's LOUD! when im runing my truck in the shopping center people tell me they hear it way across the other side...
but it's a good loud
Old 03-03-2007, 12:43 AM
aluminum crusher

ORIGINAL: TheFgMan01

it's LOUD! when im runing my truck in the shopping center people tell me they hear it way across the other side...
but it's a good loud )
DO you like it ? and you have the one for the Baja 5b...correct??? I was gonna go hydro brakes for the FG MBeetle, but now I'm gonna get the DDM pipe mid to high range for the MB, and maybe the jetpro v3 for the Baja 5b or the DDM pipe for the 5b. That Blingblaster pipe that I've just bought it's ok but it does not give me the take off that I'm use to. Man I tell you with this hobby it's like someone is pouring drain-O into my pockets every other week. OH NO it's DRAIN-O-ZILLA[sm=drowning.gif]run for yo life.
Old 03-03-2007, 12:49 AM
TheFgMan01

I like it alot!! it sounds really good. it sounds like power and it performs awsome. the craftmanship on this pipe is exellent! the welds are smooth and the chrome is high dollar. for the price this is a bad pipe.. Mine i have on my MT is the mid-top range power and i tell you this, she will do wheelies all day long in the mid-range rpms if you let off the trigger and smash it.. wheelie bar is a must because i've grinded down the stinger to a point in the rear from the wheelies.. i'd put the DDM on your MB.. you will love it. i havent seen the low range pipe perform yet though.
Old 03-03-2007, 12:53 AM
TheFgMan01

Here's what i mean, this will happen without a wheelie bar with this pipe LOL Pay attention to the air filter and body mounts in the rear and ofcoarse the stinger on my pipe, i also scared it further up fron the stinger a bit.. DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT!!!

Old 03-03-2007, 02:54 AM
JUCD VPR

MAN so now i need a wheelie bar also?
OK which one should i get? Whats the most inexpensive durable one? wheelie bar that is.
Old 03-03-2007, 03:52 AM
TheFgMan01

Im not to sure about the wheelie bars. I choose to ride witout one, all you need is good trigger control. plus it's really cool with the truck stands straight up on the rear wheels Any pipe you purchase it would be a good idea to get a wheelie bar
Old 03-03-2007, 09:26 PM
aluminum crusher

Hey FGMan do you think it will perform the same if you cut the stinger off, and does it do wheelies from a stand still? Do you have any side pictures
Old 03-03-2007, 09:29 PM
Hacker Da-Cracker
Banned
My Feedback: (1)

i love the begnning of your video lol. i love the sound of the pipe.
Old 03-03-2007, 09:33 PM
aluminum crusher

ORIGINAL: Hacker Da-Cracker

That's not my video it is Buggzy99 video and he did a great good funny job, and I was rolling funny all over the floor when I heard that
Old 03-04-2007, 01:33 AM
TheFgMan01

my stinger is filed down quiet a bit and it still performs the same. I dont get wheelies off the start but the front wheels leave the ground a tad bit. i have the mid-top end pipe and it shows for it in those rpms big time.. you'll know when the power surge hits.. its like .. but the truck takes off hard from the stop and will reach top speed pretty fast now with out uncontrollable wheelies. that why i like this mid top tuned pipe.... but when i want wheelies i know they are there just as long as you punch it at midish rpms range it will snap wheelies all day long for me..
Old 03-04-2007, 07:17 AM
JUCD VPR

Well i think i'm going with the DDM pipe whenever i find another one on e-bay. I missed out on one i was watching because my dad was asking me a ton of questions on the phone about a house i'm looking at buying and the darn thing sold for $117.00 GRRRRR now i have to wait until another opportunity comes along!
Old 03-04-2007, 03:46 PM
aluminum crusher

ORIGINAL: TheFgMan01

my stinger is filed down quiet a bit and it still performs the same. I dont get wheelies off the start but the front wheels leave the ground a tad bit. i have the mid-top end pipe and it shows for it in those rpms big time.. you'll know when the power surge hits.. its like .. but the truck takes off hard from the stop and will reach top speed pretty fast now with out uncontrollable wheelies. that why i like this mid top tuned pipe.... but when i want wheelies i know they are there just as long as you punch it at midish rpms range it will snap wheelies all day long for me..
That's what I'm looking for. Thanks
Old 03-04-2007, 10:13 PM
TheFgMan01

NP..Glad i could help
Old 03-06-2007, 11:42 AM
BuggZy99
My Feedback: (2)

thanks for the comments on the video...

cheers
ORIGINAL: aluminum crusher

That's not my video it is Buggzy99 video and he did a great good funny job, and I was rolling funny all over the floor when I heard that
Old 03-07-2007, 11:40 AM
aluminum crusher

ORIGINAL: BuggZy99

thanks for the comments on the video...

cheers
ORIGINAL: aluminum crusher

Hey BUGGZY99 when ever you get a chance HIT us with another master mix including the Baja 5b, the MCD Baja 100, & the FG baja etc. Thnaks (that means you have to go out and spend a lot of money on those other kits LOL.)