Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

in need of help

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2007, 03:09 PM
deadbaja

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default in need of help

Hey I just got myself an hpi baja, and I'm in need of help.
I ran it for one tank, and now have 1 broken shock and 2 bent shocks. The rims seem to be rubbing on the arms. The motor has no power. I need to know everything about this, is there some where that I can go to get help on this thing. Its my first rc, and I think I should have got something else.
Old 03-03-2007, 03:17 PM
bigger the better

Default RE: in need of help

Deleted....
Old 03-03-2007, 03:27 PM
deadbaja

every time i do a search it seems to end up being a battle of witch car is better kind of thing.
Old 03-03-2007, 06:46 PM
Chop Suey

Please don't be discourage by things like that... I'm sure everyone ran into problems, some more than others, but hey it's a hobby. Many guys here own it and will help you for sure...Give it some time. Meanwhile, search around in the forum for info on the Baja for help. I'm continuously reading backward in this forum. So many useful tips, tricks, and helps.

Good luck and enjoy fixing it instead of getting frustrate which will make it worse. It's a good machine as many have own it, a proven record.
Old 03-03-2007, 07:24 PM
Nomadio_Sales

There is a HPI Baja forum but I can't post the link here.
Old 03-03-2007, 10:25 PM
huw4027

It seems to me by the breakages you have that you are doing some
crazy stuff with your Baja and what was your gas/oil mix and how hard were you running it.[X(][X(]
Old 03-03-2007, 10:53 PM
bryan70546
My Feedback: (4)

engine has no power ,well its new and it will seem like it has no power remove the stinger on the muffler ,it will allow your engine to breath a little better ,if your bending shock shafts you must me doing some crazy jump .call hpi they will send you new shafts and probly new shocks.the rear tirs rubbing is a common problem .you can add axle extenders and do away with the rubbing issues. for a little more power you can add the x-can for cheap and that will wake here up good. you can get everything you need at www.davesmotors.com for your baja ,dont worry about it .all 1/5 out the box need one thing or another to make them a little more durable some more then others.its just the nature of the beast. for all your baja upgrade needs here is the link to daves use the code DDM OR RCU FOR 5% OFF . hope this helps you out and good luck .with your baja i had the same problems but once sorted out its the secound best large scale i ever got.if you like shoot me a e-mail and i will send you the bajaforums link.you will get more help from them .its a all baja forums unlike the here where its all in one . http://www.davesmotors.com/store/hpibaja5bparts.html
Old 03-03-2007, 10:58 PM
deadbaja

I was jumping it like all the other guys running there tmaxxes, I'm running 25 to 1 on oil mixture. Running stock needle settings. What is this stinger thing? How does it come off? Axel extenders?
Old 03-03-2007, 11:02 PM
bryan70546
My Feedback: (4)

well buddy thiers your problem the baja aint no small little nitro ,its bigger and heavier . the stinger is the small pipe that comes off the muffler .just look at it and you will see it nothuing to take off.go to the websites i provided you will find everything you need. the axle extender move the tirs away from the control arms and prevent the tirs from rubbing.
ORIGINAL: deadbaja

I was jumping it like all the other guys running there tmaxxes, I'm running 25 to 1 on oil mixture. Running stock needle settings. What is this stinger thing? How does it come off? Axel extenders?
Old 03-04-2007, 04:39 PM
deadbaja

ok took that stinger thing off, now its a bit better! Any other cheap fixes?
Old 03-11-2007, 11:19 AM
Bluebrew
My Feedback: (1)

Have you fixed the shocks and run it some more yet db? The Baja was my first gasser too! What a turd out of the box! I'm only up to tank 6 or so, and it keeps running better with every tank. All I've added was an xcan and a 6K clutch spring.