Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Engine Damage!

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 11:01 AM
pythonfan
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine Damage!

Well i was going to my friends house the other day, about 3miles from my house so i thought i would bring my truck.
I got on my bike started up the truck and i was off while driving the truck next to me. On the way there i found a nice sand pit so i stopped and slung some roster tails of sand but i flipped the truck and it laded in some soft dirt and the motor stopped![:@] So i go to start it and it not making a good sound, it sounded like i dropped the cylinder[:'(] And when i looked at the exhaust it was packed with dirt, so i found a stick turned the truck over and started poking the dirt out of the exhaust, when the was just enough out i started the truck and she was up and running again while spitting dirt out of the exhaust. So off i go to my friend house and as i get closer to his house it started to get very loud![:@] So i get to his street and go wot down it and i swear on my life that everybody that was on that block came flying out of there house to see what the noise was.[8D] So when i stopped to look at the truck my whole exhaust fell of and the motor was just running off the engine exhaust port, I gained allot of power and speed but was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay To loud![:@] So did i do any damage to my truck while running it without a pipe for about 2min on road? But with that power gain I'm now getting a new pipe!
Old 03-07-2007, 11:16 AM
Hacker Da-Cracker
Banned

Default RE: Engine Damage!

did the muffler or the pipe come off? if just the pipe your fine.
Old 03-07-2007, 11:35 AM
pythonfan

the muffler.
Old 03-07-2007, 12:50 PM
Hacker Da-Cracker
Banned

is it still loud with it back togather?
Old 03-07-2007, 01:49 PM
pythonfan

no its norm now
Old 03-07-2007, 04:23 PM
8000ft

it's a bit after the fact but I thought that you should know..... if this happens again( packing the pipe with dirt ) you should take it off the engine and blow it out with compressed air or wash it out with water. The reason is that as the piston moves back up in the cylinder it actually sucks a bit of air back through the exaust pipe, (called scavenging) therefore it could suck a bit of dirt back in.
Old 03-07-2007, 05:44 PM
pythonfan

thanks for the info