Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

race ported g260 vs mmr 23 engine?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

race ported g260 vs mmr 23 engine?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2007, 07:49 PM
kingpin123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default race ported g260 vs mmr 23 engine?

i have a race ported g260 engine along with a reed kit. i was wondering what is the best engine to upgrade too?. i hear the mmr 23 engine is the fastest engine out there. do you think i will gain much more speed with this engine or should i just stick wiht my race ported g260 engine? will i gain much more speed with the mmr enigne

also where can i buy a mmr engine and how much do they cost?

i only drag race so i am only looking for speed and not to much in power

or if you can come up with anyother ideas to upgrade to get more speed, i already have a 2 speed kit along with the stock gears and a ddm pipe.
Old 03-16-2007, 10:11 PM
bigmodman

Default RE: race ported g260 vs mmr 23 engine?

if you want more speed ,i would think trimming your motor up to make it lighter and porting the motor out more than it is and put a big bore carb on it and run some alcohol through the engine to get more speed
Old 03-17-2007, 12:31 AM
Earth Surfer

I can believe a stock G230 will out rev a stock G260. It is probably because the piston is a bit heavier on the G260, and the compression is a most likely bit higher on the G260 also because I dopn't think they opened up the combustion chamber after they bored the cylinder bigger.
Old 03-17-2007, 11:28 AM
kingpin123

which big bore carb can i put on it? do you have a website where i can get one and the part number ect...?
alos i see they have some racing carbs on davemotors website, which one should i get for what i want and do these race carb make any diff in performance in speed?
Old 03-17-2007, 01:18 PM
bigmodman

yes it would in fact it get the fuel/air to the motor faster.the big bore carb it really doesnt matter which one you put on it.since yours is a race application i would storngly suggest the alcohol carb and get your block prepped for it and that pretty much what i would do.i saw a big bore on davesmotors.com but i couldnt find one now so idk where one is right this second.if you do go with the race carb i would get the biggest one you can find and they make more performance which =speed.is your car chain or shaft driven?????if its chain diven and you want more speed i would mess with the sprocket size a bit,and if its shaft driven i would mess with the gear ratio a bit.but on the carbs you would have to port and polish the intake and exaust ports to get it to flow properly in order for the carbs to work at thier greatest potential.if you need anything else let me know.
Old 03-29-2007, 06:59 PM
chowderhead72
My Feedback: (4)

If you consider all of the implications of running alcohol it seems like a huge pain. To me anyhow. The MMR motors are nice. MMR is short for molzer mowry racing whom is also the distributor that deals with most of the retailers. (along with VSmodelsport) The molzer motor is ported and built more for the onroad competitions (sedan and F1) The MMR motor works fine in an off-road aplication however I would not use it for offroad simply because of price ($900) and the liklyhood of an airfilter mishap. I installed on of the MMR motors in a MT-5 for a customer (whom has since bought a F1 comp to better suit the motor) and he loved it. The MMR can be purchased from any retailer that wholesale orders from Molzer. (FGperformance, RCNut, not sure about big boys but probbably; the list goes on. Look-up molzer mowry and there will be a huge list of companies that they distribute to.
Old 03-29-2007, 08:35 PM
Big Boys Toys and Hobbies

Yes we can get them....

Chris
Old 03-30-2007, 08:27 AM
Earth Surfer

The alky carb I know about (WT499) actually has a smaller venturi than the other RC carbs, and alky will not give you more RPM. It won't even get you more power to speak of until you raise compression beyond what gas will handle (or is suppose to handle). More compression and advanced ignition timeing can be done with alky--but both may actually reduce top RPM.
Old 04-24-2007, 12:47 PM
kingpin123

is this mmr 23 engine a direct bolt on to fit the fg stadium trucks?