Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

Leopard vs. LB supercross vs. Hormann HT2

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Leopard vs. LB supercross vs. Hormann HT2

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2007, 04:03 PM
Peter99

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Leopard vs. LB supercross vs. Hormann HT2

Helo

I just sold my Carson attack and comanche and now im looking for hi end racing machine. I was considering
- FG Leopard
- Lauterbacher super cross
- Hormann HT2

I watched lots of galleries from races in germany and i saw allot of HT2s. I personaly like the Lauterbacher becouse its chassi looks realy stiff but i can get all the parts only in germany

What do You think?? i need good advice
Old 03-29-2007, 05:02 PM
dcmr18888

Default RE: Leopard vs. LB supercross vs. Hormann HT2

Hi there,

depends how much money you would like to spend. You can find a used Leopard for about a $1000, infact there is one here on rcu marketplace for $1200 I think. I am sure the Lauterbacher Super Cross and Hormann HT2 will cost you double the price of an Leopard. The Super Cross and HT2 are great cars, but personally I would go with the Leopard.
Old 03-29-2007, 07:09 PM
chowderhead72
My Feedback: (4)

If you are actually going to race in sanctioned events I would buy the horman. If you just want a large scale that handles well and has limitless options (including two speed) Look at the Leopard.
Old 03-30-2007, 11:13 AM
JRexA

Another option is the H.A.R.M. BX2, which among others Ian Oddie drives.

If you want a TOP Racer, take one of the fully Alu equipped cars and add front brakes.

If you want something decent handling at not that exorbitant a price, then get yourself a Leopard Race.
BUT: A Leo Race + full Alu is actually more expensive than getting one of the others to begin with..... (been there, done that, Stil loves it, even if I am NEVER going to Race)
Old 03-30-2007, 11:33 AM
SELWA
My Feedback: (1)

I have a Leopard Race and love it. Mainly aluminum as well. I would have bought something else but then I'd have parts issues. My FG distributor is only a short drive away! I also bought it used from a friend and saved over $1000!

It really depends on if you race or just bash. Some guys don't race and still like to have a fully modded buggy.

Just make sure you can get parts easily for whichever buggy you choose. Make sure you do shop around though!
Old 03-30-2007, 12:31 PM
Isle of Wight Basher

If moneys not an issue, the HT-2 is the best option it's lighter, and easier to work on than both the Leopard or SuperX,second would be the SuperX, very well thought out design, resonably easy to work on, but heavy in comparison to the HT-2. lastly the Leapord, don't get me wrong, a great car, but a pain to work on trackside, and to go all alloy, as expensive as the others.

Old 03-30-2007, 03:06 PM
Peter99

i can buy used Leo for about 400 euro with front disc brakes (hydraulic) and then upgrade it to alloy

the track we are racing is preety hard but i dont think that i will need all alloy parts. i think that alloy parts thatare responsible for power transmision will be needed the moast becouse thats what breaks every race. I looked at ELCON drivetrain unitand it would cost me about 500 euro ( driwe train + alloy rear a-arms)
Old 04-02-2007, 09:06 AM
JRexA

Peter99: wait a couple of more months if you can.

By that time the Elcon Racer should be out..... (No official Date yet[:'(])
Pricing: Not available yet, but not cheap!

Else that Leo at € 400 with Hydro's is a steal.
and + € 500 for the Elcon rear, and you are still at less than a new Leo.
Look at the Elcon XL rear, that offers about 2cm wider stance, offering a slightly better stability.

Then add a Nomadio React radio, and you have the best Radio for Large Scale.
Old 04-03-2007, 07:53 AM
carpy100

i wouldn't personally get a harm, they are quite fragile and still carry a lot of plastic.
super x. is a great car but requires a couple of hundred£££ to get race ready/reliable (metal ball joints,fg drive shafts,cups etc.)but very strong and good handling.
leopard race, needs 2k throwing at it to get to full alloy!
hormann ht2 looks like an awsome car but is it really any better than the ht1?? unproven thusfar...
hormann ht1 is full race ready , very strong and reliable, simple to work on, absolutely loads of drive/traction!, probably the most successful car in the uk,jumps well, my choice.
but each to theyre own!!
Old 04-09-2007, 07:26 AM
Peter99

Helo

Thanks for all Your help

I decidet for Lauterbacher becouse i realy like the design and i had an oportunity to drive one last week side by side with Leo.
First i took a ride with Leo and then with Lauterbacher.Leo has made great inpresion on me after driving Marders and Attacks, but then the lauterbacher was astonishing.

I will have mine Lauterbachen next week. A friend from Germany bought me one froma a guy that he is flying model airplanes with. This guy is allso racing and had a lauterbacher after about 11-12 tanks of fuel, and it allready has FG shafts and cups and is in top condition.
Old 04-09-2007, 08:30 AM
SELWA
My Feedback: (1)

Good to hear!! Have fun and take some pics when you get it cleaned up and when it's dirty again!