Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Monster Buggy

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2007, 09:31 PM
icecreamslick
My Feedback: (9)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Monster Buggy

I am not a person to put down one product in favor of another (that I just happen to own), but I have to make a few comments about the TRAXXAS Monster Buggy. Please don’t take any offense if you have a different view point or if this post seems anti-other models. This is not intended to be an attack or a put down, in any way.

The TRAXXAS Monster Buggy may not be as popular as some others, but I like the thing more than the other large scale that I owned a couple of years ago (I won’t say the name). The MB does come with a Zenoah engine, which although it is only 23cc, is of good quality and seems very strong.

Granted, I don’t do much jumping, but the suspension of the MB seems pretty sturdy. Also, the differential is closed/protected from rocks, the diff. gear cover on the bottom of the chassis is aluminum, rather than plastic, and the spur and pinion gears are covered…stock. It also has adjustments for toe-in/out, as well as camber for all four wheels. There are even multiple locations on the shock towers, top and bottom, for mounting adjustments.

The wheels and tires may look a little clunky compared to the more sporty 1:5 scales, but it has pretty good turning radius and the tires are a nice, hard compound for good wear. Upgrades for the buggy itself are limited, but the motor can be improved with a pipe and wheels and tires can be changed with the addition of 23mm adapters. One down side is that parts are not carried by many shops and need to be bought from either TRAXXAS or this place (but, they are available):

http://northriverfalls.com/Merchant2...RC-Model-Parts

Maybe I just don’t know enough to make a truely educated comparison, but I think that the buggy is worth the money. The technology does not seem outdated.

Jason

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db84551.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	93.1 KB
ID:	652656   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kh17379.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	95.0 KB
ID:	652657   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay75986.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	86.9 KB
ID:	652658   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki18203.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	90.8 KB
ID:	652659   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn35968.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	73.8 KB
ID:	652660   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv64814.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	84.4 KB
ID:	652661   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pm35016.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	75.9 KB
ID:	652662  
Old 03-30-2007, 03:38 AM
badz
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Monster Buggy

I like the differential setup, it's rock solid...HPI went one further on theirs and sealed it which is nifty but they are very close to the same design. I also like the solid motor mounting and no need to be worried about gear mesh adjustments. And the Zenoah 23cc..hell of a screamer engine there runs great and loads of power. Traxxas could improve on the MB or better yet make us a 4wd gas Revo
Old 03-30-2007, 03:38 PM
crrcboatz
My Feedback: (34)

I too have one that I am rebuilding. Stole it off the net and am redoing the paint job on the special body that Traxxas offers for it. Also replacing all the screws with socket head cap screws or allen heads throughout the car. Have added an aluminum rear shocktower. Mine had the old zenoah g2d so that has been replaced with a fully modded 27cc with a 1mm stroker crank.
The radio system was first class that came with it. Had 2 1/4 scale digital futaba servos for steering and a digital for throttle. It also has a nice venom failsafe

I agree with all statements made above and think it is super for knocking around but not to jump with. ROCK SOLID in all other aspects. I also have a modded xcan type exhaust on it. Should get it running this weekend.

Curt
Old 03-30-2007, 06:06 PM
icecreamslick
My Feedback: (9)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey, keep us (me at least ) posted on your progress with the buggy! I bought several upgrades for mine that I plan to install as soon as they all arrive.

Jason
Old 03-31-2007, 02:39 AM
splcrazy

i dont know what all the fuss is about i reakon traxxas made that buggy pretty good and i like traxxas stuff alot .. but yeah its been a while now i reackon that its about time they should come out with something new that will totaly knock the socks off everything else and start making 30cc plus standard from now on
Old 03-31-2007, 04:22 AM
badz
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: splcrazy

i dont know what all the fuss is about i reakon traxxas made that buggy pretty good and i like traxxas stuff alot .. but yeah its been a while now i reackon that its about time they should come out with something new that will totaly knock the socks off everything else and start making 30cc plus standard from now on
Yup....a 36" Revo gaser would be a beast and a half to have.