Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

How Fast do these things go?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2007, 08:11 PM
rcdudegermy10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How Fast do these things go?

Hey I was just wondering how fast these 1/5 and 1/6 cars went. I have a T-Maxx that does 40-45, and an rc10gt that does the same....
Old 03-31-2007, 10:03 PM
TheFgMan01

Default RE: How Fast do these things go?

mone still tops out at 40mph... trust me it looks fast because these things are bigger and can weight 40lbs
Old 04-01-2007, 06:12 AM
splcrazy

the baja will just go a touch faster than a revo3.3 i raced it against my mates revo3.3 . the revo has a quicker launch but then when the baja pics up speed and hits its high revs it kills the revo . the revo starts falling behind
Old 04-01-2007, 02:53 PM
badz
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: rcdudegermy08

Hey I was just wondering how fast these 1/5 and 1/6 cars went. I have a T-Maxx that does 40-45, and an rc10gt that does the same....
The F1 gasers are probably the fastest ones made, some of those can hit 65mph+
Old 04-01-2007, 03:23 PM
T I G

They cruise. I had a little race with my daughters GS Storm. Pretty much no contest, that has a .21. But, I do have a 30.5CY w/2 spd and JetPro, I'll never go back to Nitro. In fact I'm selling all of my Nitros to make room for my new HPI Baja
Old 04-01-2007, 05:44 PM
kengentry5000
My Feedback: (2)

Base gassers 38 - 40 mph, add a pipe 45 - 48 mph, add a 2-speed 50 - 55 mph.
Old 04-01-2007, 05:56 PM
drevil
My Feedback: (5)

Sounds like everyone gave you a pretty good idea of how fast these things are. Sure some Nitro cars can outrun them, but you just can't compare the two. The giant scale cars are larger and heavier which makes them feel like they're going alot faster than they are. I had an RC10GT that was pretty fast, and even though my FG Marder goes about the same speed it feels twice as fast. At top speed the large scale cars feel completely out of control...LOL

Not only that, but there are other upsides to the largescales such as ease of maintenance, and the ability to run them non stop for hours and hours on end. When running my nitros I used to spend 50% of the time getting them started, tuning needles, playing with glow plugs, etc. With my FG I spend probably 5% of the time on maintenance, and that usually involves mixing oil/fuel and fixing stuff I broke from crashing into things....LOL
Old 04-01-2007, 06:54 PM
badz

ORIGINAL: drevil

Sounds like everyone gave you a pretty good idea of how fast these things are. Sure some Nitro cars can outrun them, but you just can't compare the two. The giant scale cars are larger and heavier which makes them feel like they're going alot faster than they are. I had an RC10GT that was pretty fast, and even though my FG Marder goes about the same speed it feels twice as fast. At top speed the large scale cars feel completely out of control...LOL

Not only that, but there are other upsides to the largescales such as ease of maintenance, and the ability to run them non stop for hours and hours on end. When running my nitros I used to spend 50% of the time getting them started, tuning needles, playing with glow plugs, etc. With my FG I spend probably 5% of the time on maintenance, and that usually involves mixing oil/fuel and fixing stuff I broke from crashing into things....LOL
What do you own thats out of control at top speed? I run my Baja wide open all the time across various different surfaces it never feels out of control, other than when it's dragging the wing cause it's standing straight up on a wheelie.
Old 04-01-2007, 08:46 PM
notman

correct me if i'm wrong........it seems to me that nitros will run well but are limited by their suitable enviroment.......but the large scale THERE IS NO LIMIT......bbrrrrpp bbrrrrp
Old 04-01-2007, 09:23 PM
Chop Suey

Nitro will run well...Gasser will run even better...can't beat almost-maintenance-free for hours continuously...
Old 04-01-2007, 11:21 PM
teamchrome
My Feedback: (4)

When was the last time you read a article about a nitro going 120 miles through the desert?[X(]
Get a gasser and never go back..
Old 04-01-2007, 11:28 PM
badz

ORIGINAL: teamchrome

When was the last time you read a article about a nitro going 120 miles through the desert?[X(]
Get a gasser and never go back..
lol...so true....ya could go 120 miles in the desert with a nitro but it'd cost more than driving a 45 foot camper that same 120 miles....not to mention ya'd probably need 5 or 6 engines---30-40 glow plugs....steering servo's....tires...ball links...it'd cost $1500 probably with a nitro
Old 04-02-2007, 06:48 AM
drevil

ORIGINAL: badz
What do you own thats out of control at top speed? I run my Baja wide open all the time across various different surfaces it never feels out of control, other than when it's dragging the wing cause it's standing straight up on a wheelie.
I run my FG Marder wide open all of the time too, but my point wasn't to say these couldn't be run wide open. I meant that compared to a 1/10 scale the large scale cars feel faster, more reckless, and the torque makes them feel as if they're out of control. I've run multiple nitro cars in the past and none of them had the torque that these things do.
Old 04-02-2007, 02:06 PM
badz

I run my FG Marder wide open all of the time too, but my point wasn't to say these couldn't be run wide open. I meant that compared to a 1/10 scale the large scale cars feel faster, more reckless, and the torque makes them feel as if they're out of control. I've run multiple nitro cars in the past and none of them had the torque that these things do.
You only feel that way cause the FG suspension sucks, the Baja handles excellent at WOT
Old 04-02-2007, 02:28 PM
drevil

You only feel that way cause the FG suspension sucks, the Baja handles excellent at WOT
What is your problem? You sound like you have a grudge or something.

The FG suspension hardly sucks, but if putting down other peoples stuff or some companies products is the way you can feel better about yourself then so be it.
Old 04-02-2007, 02:52 PM
T I G

Granted the Bajas suspension does handle very well at all levels of throttle compared to FGs. But, by no means would I say the FGs suspension sucks. Yes it could be improved but, suck, thats a little harsh.
Old 04-02-2007, 02:59 PM
critrmac

Never ceases to amaze me

The FG suspension hardly sucks, but if putting down other peoples stuff or some companies products is the way you can feel better about yourself then so be it.
Old 04-02-2007, 06:50 PM
badz

Does the truth hurt? The Baja suspension is so far above and beyond FG's. You say in your post that Nitro's handle better, that comment alone proves just how well your FG's suspension is. Baja's suspension and everything else is superior than FG.....deal with it.
Old 04-02-2007, 07:50 PM
hathi
Banned

badz, do you have a baja? If so how many shock shaft have you needed to replace? And if you say none then you dont drive it! Dont matter where you run the baja, the shocks bend. Guess your one of those people waiting on the turtle power shocks too. Well guess what, they are not going to solve the problem, yes you wont be bending shafts. But there are other problems with them.
And yes I own a baja and a marder, and yes the shocks on both could be better. But saying that the fg shocks suck, is also saying that the baja shocks suck too!
Old 04-02-2007, 07:56 PM
drevil

I find it funny that a guy who used to own a Traxxas Monster Buggy and used to try to "sell" them to everyone wants to talk about how bad an FG is.

On the subject of the past how are those friction shocks on that Compagnucci that I specifically told you not to buy because they were junk?

I'm not sure what is wrong in your life, but to be completely honest I feel really sorry for you.
Old 04-02-2007, 08:13 PM
TheFgMan01

its maybe the spring itself with FG shocks.. it's probally way to stiff.. they may need a softer spring and lighter oil for off-road... on-roads need to be stiff
Old 04-03-2007, 02:53 AM
badz

ORIGINAL: hathi

badz, do you have a baja? If so how many shock shaft have you needed to replace? And if you say none then you dont drive it! Dont matter where you run the baja, the shocks bend. Guess your one of those people waiting on the turtle power shocks too. Well guess what, they are not going to solve the problem, yes you wont be bending shafts. But there are other problems with them.
And yes I own a baja and a marder, and yes the shocks on both could be better. But saying that the fg shocks suck, is also saying that the baja shocks suck too!
I own 2 Baja's and haven't replaced any shock shafts. Not everyone is bending these. You FG guys need to try a little harder to find flaws with the Baja to make it as crappy as those are. I sure as hell won't waste my time discussing anything here since RCU is "FG or Get Lost!"

See Ya's!!!

drevil...you sound jealous. Get a clue.

Old 04-03-2007, 05:34 AM
drevil

You're right, that's why I came in here putting down the HPI Baja.

BTW Sorry to the threadstarter for jacking your thread. Buy a 1/5 or 1/6 scale, you'll love it.
Old 04-03-2007, 06:19 AM
Bratch96

You're right, that's why I came in here putting down the HPI Baja.

BTW Sorry to the threadstarter for jacking your thread. Buy a 1/5 or 1/6 scale, you'll love it.

As many problems as I have had with my FG, I still love it. Buy a 1/5 or 1/6 scale, you'll love it.
Old 04-03-2007, 01:37 PM
hathi
Banned

I say you cant go wrong with either the fg or baja. Both are comparable speeds to a 3.3 revo! I like them cause there is way less bs in getting them started... 2 pulls and your running for a full tank. Dont matter if its on its lid for a good part of the tank. No loading up, what else could you ask for!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.