Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Does anyone have this....

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2007, 12:14 PM
Hutch-e-bee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does anyone have this....

I am looking for a powerful Zenoah 26cc. Is [link=http://www.oneillbrothers.com/rccar/itemdescription/reed_ported_g260rc.htm]THIS[/link] the one??? Please post Any views on Oneill Brothers and their products too please. Thanks.
Old 04-09-2007, 12:56 PM
ScooterTrash

Default RE: Does anyone have this....

Hi Hutch-e-bee, Oneill Brothers have a GREAT customer service![sm=thumbup.gif]. I have gotton a fue small thing's from them & they sent them right away! I have read where other members have gotton engines from them, & they stand behind there work!
Old 04-09-2007, 01:12 PM
badz
My Feedback: (1)

I've always had great dealings with O'neill Brothers. They never steer you wrong and always reply to emails and phone calls promptly.
Old 04-09-2007, 01:24 PM
Anthoop

Would it be better to get the modified one or the big bore kit? http://www.davesmotors.com/store/product1651.html
Old 04-09-2007, 02:26 PM
Hutch-e-bee

I dont want to go bigger than 26cc as I race on track with some tight bends and a big motor wont accelerate out of the bends like a 26cc. Also I want to try a 'reed' motor as they are supposed to make good power. I currently run a big bore kit on my 26cc taking it up to 28.5cc and to be honest I cannot see any power difference between the 26 and the 28.5. So I thought I would try a 'hot' 26!
Old 04-09-2007, 02:34 PM
Anthoop

Ah i see!Hmm yes just looked at the vids on your link and the reed conversion seems to make a big difference
Used to mess around with two stroke bikes many years ago and the reed valve engines were always better.
Old 04-09-2007, 02:41 PM
Hutch-e-bee

Maybe if the track was longer I might see the 28.5 power difference but it isnt! So I want explosive power and I think this reed 26 motor may be what I am looking for.
Nice to see Oneill brothers have satisfied customers!
Old 04-09-2007, 04:11 PM
kennyrccars

I'am currently having my Zenoah 26cc engine rebuilt (after I trashed it in my MCD) by Alro Racing. He can upgrade your old Zenoah to a Heli style 4 bolt head with part billet crank case & porting work for around £130.00. I recently visited the work shop the quality of work is exceptional & far superior to anything I have seen from other Zenoah tuners.

The engine my MCD trashed was from Oneill brothers it gave good power & reved its nuts off, but is not in the same league as an Alro Racing engine.

[link=http://www.alroracing.com]Link to Alro Racing[/link]
Old 04-09-2007, 04:46 PM
Hutch-e-bee

Would an Alro motor be more powerful than this Oneill reed motor?
Just had a look at the [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_5657825/tm.htm]reed kit[/link] thread. Think I want a reed motor!
Old 04-09-2007, 05:10 PM
kennyrccars

Not sure if a Reed engine would give more power then the Alro. I have ssen very few serious 1/5th racers in the UK using reed equiped engines most seem to go for Alro, Oddified, Hobby Centre etc engines.

I would like to try a reed engine. I nearly bought one from Barry (bluefishy on ebay) but decided to go the Alro route.
Old 04-10-2007, 02:55 PM
Earth Surfer

ORIGINAL: kennyrccars

Not sure if a Reed engine would give more power then the Alro. I have ssen very few serious 1/5th racers in the UK using reed equiped engines most seem to go for Alro, Oddified, Hobby Centre etc engines.

I would like to try a reed engine. I nearly bought one from Barry (bluefishy on ebay) but decided to go the Alro route.
The reed kits and reed cases are pretty new to everything accept peds (where the reeds came from). Now that they are starting to get out--I think you will start seeing them at your local track, hopefully, with good success. It makes a wider range of power and usually more power over a wider range of RPM, so a different drive set up may be needed to try to take advantage of that. I think if people learn how to set it up--I don't see any reason why a reed engine would not be better in most cases of racing--and competitive in the extreem high RPM types of racing. That is--if power is what your racing needs (some may not need more).

Give me a shout if you want a reed engine built to try. I can build you one directly and try to make it right for your application if your ever interested. Phone conversation works best.
Old 04-11-2007, 09:59 AM
Hutch-e-bee

Bought the Oneill 26cc reed motor for the MCD. Will let you all know how it goes.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv64187.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	67.6 KB
ID:	661889   Click image for larger version

Name:	Av67598.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	77.2 KB
ID:	661890   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lq37450.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	661891   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tm31124.jpg
Size:	49.3 KB
ID:	661892  
Old 04-11-2007, 11:15 AM
kennyrccars

Hutch-e-bee, did you buy that off Barry 'Bluefishy' his customer service is great. Would be interested to hear how it goes.

Are you still using a cable tie to hold your Samba exhaust & manifold together. I found some really high quality 57mm motoX exhaust springs on ebay they where about £2.00 each. After a little stretching they are a great fit and I'am still using the first one.

Your MCD is as dirty as mine..
Old 04-11-2007, 11:38 AM
Hutch-e-bee

Yup bought it from Barry and his customer service is great! Not using a cable tie any more, if you look at pic 4 you will see a length of piano wire. It started on the second pull and it feels very responsive. Got to run a few tanks throught it for break in after that I will let you know how good it is!
Old 04-13-2007, 04:31 PM
Hutch-e-bee

I broke in the motor over 2 days and 3 tanks of fuel. On tank 4 I started to wind in the screws and the motor arose like Frankenstein's monster!! Spinning all four MCD wheels at every opportunity and producing an angry scream in the process.
Before break in I replaced the rear wheels with a softer compound set. The wheels removed were equal in tread depth to the front set as I had swapped front with rear during the 4 tanks with the stock motor. In the picture you can see how the set I took off look next to the set which has had 3 tanks of 'Angry Oneill' to deal with!
I dont know if this motor has 6hp, but has a barrel load more than the stock motor's 2.4. Hate to think what a 30.5 reed motor would be like!
Well done Oneill crew, another happy customer!
Also check out Bluefishy78 on ebay uk. He is a very nice man!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db84216.jpg
Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	663426  
Old 04-14-2007, 10:47 AM
Acs_guitars
My Feedback: (3)

any one wanting more info on the O'neill 26cc reed set-up..... search the forum for "reed kit" and you will find a review I did on the O'neill's set-up. It is well worth the price.