Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Jetpro Version 3 for HPI Baja

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2007, 02:01 PM
badz
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jetpro Version 3 for HPI Baja

OK I got my 2 Jetpro pipes in the mail today from O'Neill Brothers, excellent service I must say first off and great job on getting me some pipes Sean and Paul. Thanks to both of you. Ok so in the package I got was the two pipes and loads of nifty decals...sweet cause I can always use decals On to the pipes...

My first thought was wow improved welds or was the pipe I held in my hand one day not a Jetpro cause the welds where not the same on these...these have very clean welds on them, very nicely done, better than on my $400 FMF pipe or my Pro Circuit Pipe on my dirt bikes. Ok same orange specks on the pipes as was on my dirt bike pipes, this isn't rust it's just a downside of nickel plating but the specks come right off with denatured alcohol which any hobbiest should have laying around. Pipe's cleaned up excellent, specks where no issue. Ok on to the mounting, I removed my stock can..Yay!! Grabbed the Jetpro and noticed that Jetpro allows you to keep the rear cage support stock but you add a longer bolt to mount the pipe too, great idea there. I replaced the stock short bolt with the longer one and placed the pipe on the buggy, header bolts lined right up and the bracket fell right onto the rear bolt, no forcing involved so there's no stress should be no breakage, also Dino made sure the bracket hole is drilled properly so edge distance is correct, then again why doubt a master pipe builder. If a grommet is ever needed in the bracket it'll be very easy to add. Tightened everything up and had no forcing or stress issues at all during mounting, great design Jetpro. Pipe is very clear of all plastics and much closer to the frame box than the wheel so debris from the rear wheels damaging the pipe won't be a issue. I'll post install photo's later I took a few and will be running the buggy later this evening.

Hat's off again to O'Neill Brothers for the pipe's and loads of decals
Sean or Paul tell Dino....awesome job

I think this is the most anyone's typed on a cell phone btw...this dash is sweet
Old 04-13-2007, 02:56 PM
hathi
Banned

Default RE: Jetpro Version 3 for HPI Baja

I've also been very happy with my dealing with Oneill's they will go out of their way to make sure your happy.
Old 04-13-2007, 06:54 PM
badz

Ok here's the pictures, they aren't the best but they work...I did run the car's for about a hour the Jetpro has pretty damn good low end and superb top end, it lacks slightly in mid range but it's not much overall it's very impressive. I'd say 10 out of 10 for it.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh15279.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	37.8 KB
ID:	663543   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zu66495.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	61.6 KB
ID:	663544   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jo31351.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	49.3 KB
ID:	663545   Click image for larger version

Name:	Uo36242.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	663546   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yj64733.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	54.0 KB
ID:	663547   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ka43230.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	663548  
Old 04-14-2007, 01:21 AM
mopar jake

hey bads i too have a jet pro v3 for my baja and i must say it kicks ass lol it is a sweet pipe great power over stock and the sound is incredible with the silencer.
Old 04-14-2007, 03:13 AM
badz

ORIGINAL: mopar jake

hey bads i too have a jet pro v3 for my baja and i must say it kicks ass lol it is a sweet pipe great power over stock and the sound is incredible with the silencer.
Yeah I love the sound of it, sorta reminds me of the yz80 days when I was a kid lol...power is great though it's a sweet pipe