Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Baja 5 question

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 05:36 PM
gasfreak
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Baja 5 question

What does everyone think of the Baja 5 I am thinking of buying one and would like to hear first hand experience about them before I buy one,so how fast are they what tears up on them in general is this a good buggy.not really a jumper or a hard basher just backyard driver I have a Aftershock now and looking for something different would it out run the Aftershock I like the scale looks of the Baja let me know Thanks Greg
Old 04-16-2007, 05:42 PM
badz
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Baja 5 question

It's great and yeah it can jump just as good as a nitro
Old 04-16-2007, 05:45 PM
itsnotskidding

im ordering mine in the morning dude.... watch the baja video at www.hpi-europe.com

it does fly and im getting the 29cc converstion!!!!!...lol
Old 04-17-2007, 01:10 AM
mopar jake

go ahead and get the baja you wont regret it once you feel the bottom end torque of the baja you will be hooked i have one and i absolutely love it. it is very durable and performes very well out bashing.
Old 04-17-2007, 01:58 AM
hathi
Banned

I'll be honest, I have one and it is now the only rc I play with anymore. There are some things to watch out for. The shocks on it are not the best, you can still jump it. Its just sometimes you will end up bending the shock shafts or breaking them. The stock radio gear is ok, I would up grade when ever you get the chance. The stock steering servo is good when you get the metal gear conversion, with the stock gears mine lasted over 2 gallons. You will also at a later date want to upgrade the stock receiver pack. The radio stuff is just about the same with any rtr. Must haves are prefilters for the air filter, and pull start. As well as axel extenders. And when you get it just get rid of that exhaust extension, it robs alot of power.
Then once you have it for awhile you'll be like everyone else and start putting on a good pipe and upgrading the motor. But all in all its worth it, once you start adding up all the stuff its cheaper then running a nitro!
Old 04-17-2007, 02:51 AM
badz
My Feedback: (1)

That video I uploaded in the other thread actually has some funny information about it, that same day I took out my Revo,Savage and Jato and XTM Gaser, I ran the nitro's maybe 10 minutes total they where that boring....the XTM was a joke and I used to think it was pretty sweet but it's pathetic compared to a Baja. I could upload the video of it but damn I'm embarassed to own it still lol
Old 04-17-2007, 03:09 AM
itsnotskidding

haha.. well i race nitro monster trucks and use to buggies but ive had enough of tuning =, engine replacments every season, and the price to keep them going, my savage has custom everything on it... but still just not enough...lol

so im leaving it all togeather, sold 5 of my nitro cars so far, just 3 left, im collecting petrol now!!...[>:]
Old 04-17-2007, 03:29 PM
T I G

The Baja is an awesome Buggy, deffinately the choice for many. I love mine.
It is the perfect backyard basher and then some. To put it bluntly, it takes a licken and keeps on ticken. Whether your cruisin in the dirt or flying high over the triple at you local BMX track, the Baja is a great performer and handles every bump with grace.
You will love it.
Old 04-17-2007, 04:02 PM
sneff

You wont regret getting the Baja!! Its a really good design!! There have been a couple minor issues which is normal anytime a company jumps into a new r/c market, But all in all its totally worth the money.
I've had mine since the day they were released and I've only broken a shock shaft so far. Hpi even sent out new pairs of tires and foam inserts to all the customers that bought the first run to rectify the ripping tire issue.
Like everyone said, your other truck will seem boring after you drive large scale!!!!
Old 04-17-2007, 06:12 PM
tireiron

ditto on the Baja 5b. I have owned numerous 1/8 scale nitros and Im sick and tired of the down time and the unreliable motors. not to mention the price of nitro. I bought a ravenger and the crank pin broke off after 1.5 gallons of fuel. so now I need to send it back to ofna and wait wait wait and Im just going to fix it and sell it. My baja is only 3 weeks old but with a tuned pipe it can darn near keep up with the nitros and its
soooooooooooo much more fun!!!! Just my opinion,,,Remember HPI put 2 years of design and development into this buggy and I give it an A..