Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

A real pulling tire for RC Vite Traction

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

A real pulling tire for RC Vite Traction

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 03:29 PM
RCPULLINGTRACTOR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A real pulling tire for RC Vite Traction

Hi guys I have been working with Harry from Vite Traction to bring a new pulling tire to the USA.I am going to be the USA dealer for these grate tires.
These are the badest looking tires I have ever seen for RC pulling. They are also made quite a bit different than the normal RC tire.
Over the whole tire there is a solid tip of 2mm PU ( Poly Eurethaan)the rest of the tire exists of compact foam.
PU is very longwearing.
They are a solid tire so no more cutting and stuffing foam.
They don’t fit standard RC wheels so they come with nice aluminum wheels.
From what I have been told these are not for concrete, pavement or real hard surfaces. They are grate for most dirt pulling tracks. They work well also in sand and mud.
I have not been able to test them yet so I am just telling you what I was told.
At this point in time I have one pair to test and show around. I may be at the pull in Fort Wane on Saturday but don’t know yet. I will be at the springs in May and may have the whole line of tires he has by then.. You can look at them at http://www.vite-traction.nl/default.asp?ta=en

The set I have now is
2 x VITÉ traction 36/15 tire
Tech. description:

Outer diameter: 159 mm 6.2646 inch
Inner diameter: 65 mm 2.561 inch
Width: 92 mm 3.6247 inch
Height of rubber ridge 3.5 mm 0.1379 inch
Weight: 300 grams 10.7 OZ

I am going to try to post a photo of the pair I have. If there is no photo you
can find it here http://s77.photobucket.com/albums/j6...lling%20tires/

I would be interested to hear comments pro or con.
Please feel free to ask questions if you like. I will answer them the best I can.
You can contact me at [email protected]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh16927.jpg
Views:	423
Size:	72.8 KB
ID:	666714  
Old 04-25-2007, 12:01 AM
INsavageXpuller

Default RE: A real pulling tire for RC Vite Traction

im interested as of right now im the top puller in my town with my savage x and thats with stock tires
Old 04-25-2007, 12:04 AM
INsavageXpuller

wow i did not see that u were in indiana. im in monticello, home of indiana beach, buddy owns a hobby store named k and m trains and hobby we pull at 7pm on everyother tues. i would be delighted to try these out if u would be willing to let me
Old 04-26-2007, 08:42 AM
RCPULLINGTRACTOR

Well the plan is to test them Sunday. I am going to put in a track here at home if it is not a mud pit with all the rain. It will be a 5'x70' track.
How many pullers are in your group?
What classes do you run?
What rules do you use?
Do you run gas?
When is your next Tuesday night pull? I would like to show you guys the tires and see what you have going on.

We are NRCTPA gas dirt pullers. Pullers are 24" long and 25 pounds. Our track is 4'x40' with a pulling distance of 30'. www.nrctpa.com
We are also working to bring a group together in central Indiana.

I also belong to the Weed Wacker Pulling group www.wwpa4fans.com they are closer to you in NW Indiana and have there own rules and pull 60'. There largest class is 36" long and 40 pounds. These pull over 340 pounds. I belive they are money events.

You can also find info on all types of RC pulling at http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/rcpullingtractors/

I was told these tires last 2-3 seasons but don’t know how many pulls that would be.
I have been thinking of taking them to an event and let others run the same pair to see how they will hold up. While keeping count of the total number of pulls on that pair. Most gas pullers use a 3/8 axel. That is the only hubs I have right now for the new bolt pattern. I really want to get these tested so I can begin to take orders. I will be the USA Importer of the Vite Traction product line of tires/wheels.
Old 04-27-2007, 08:53 AM
INsavageXpuller

we just opened the track. there is not many of us as of yet we r looking to build the group up therefore we r running a few rules. as of right now we have permission to use rc monster motorsports rules. we r mostly pulling stock savage x and savage x ss with a couple of e savages also have a couple pulling stampedes and rustlers. as of right now we r pulling big block class small block class electric, 4x4, 2x4 etc with weight limits to these classas. we r looking for more people and places for parts to actually build the real deal. like hooter chasis. i think 1 guy is building a tractor. we are running 3' x 30' track basically a scaled version to a 1/10th scale vehicle. if u could get some guys together and come down, and play. actually talking about pulling this coming up tues. if interested ill keep u posted. here is some pics of mine.IMG]http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w159/savagexpuller/S5030355.jpg[/IMG]
Old 04-27-2007, 08:55 AM
INsavageXpuller

i messed that up and lost my password to photo bucket here is a link to the pics i posted http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_24...pulling/tm.htm
Old 04-27-2007, 01:28 PM
carpy100

hi guys, i know the classic pulling tread is a V pattern, but in racing on loose dirt/mud/extremely dry and hard, the smallish block pattern is far superior.

http://www.rc-car-online.de/maxiblockpass1.jpg

just food for thought.
Old 04-28-2007, 02:25 AM
Dave ESPI

SOUNDS GRATE !

or great perhaps ?
Old 05-01-2007, 07:34 AM
RCPULLINGTRACTOR

Well I never got the track put in due to wet weather. I took off work today and am going to work on it. The place I am putting it runs down hill some so I have to fill it up to level. I think I have enough fill dirt for 30' of track. Then I will work on the rest of the track for my 60' puller. I will add some photos later.
Old 05-01-2007, 09:27 PM
INsavageXpuller

wish i knew how to get ahold of u i see u r online. we had a pulling event and the pics r on the web site. again i would love to try those tires out for u! also if u forgot u can see the pics and results at www.kmhobbies.com. the results of tonights pulling is under calander. out of two pulls im still the leader, altho i slipped my clutch tonight we still got her done. again mine is the blue dodge with the silver stripe. bronco body is scott m, the purple with flame is the store owner kris k. thats the nitro pullers. need more pullers come on down one week. we r talking about setting up a big event on the weekend and do it all pulling,drag and 1/18th scale racing. ill keep u posted. ty km trains and hobby staff
Old 05-07-2007, 01:34 PM
RCPULLINGTRACTOR

Well guys I had a chance to do some testing with the new Vite tire on Sunday. The track was cut into the edge of a farm field that was freshly plowed. Dad took a backhoe and packed it and back dragged it. Then we raked and broom swept it. I was not the best track to run on by far. I was soft and ruff and had several small rocks in it. Keeping it moist was a challenge due to the wind and sun.Otherwise it just turned to powder. If you know anything about NW Indiana it is mostly sand and hard to find good ground for a track. I didn’t pull at home where I am working on a track. I was in NW Indiana for the weekend at dads. This was the best place we could come up with at the time.

The puller we used was my first 1/10 scale gas truck I built for the NRCTPA. It seemed to work very well with no problems. Since it had never pulled it still needs a bit of setup changes to be competitive. Since I had no one to pull with I really have no idea how it will mach up to other pullers. I guess we will see in two weeks at the springs.

The sled we used was my 1/5 scale 60’ track sled that weights about 100lbs empty. We added about 50lbs of lead. I am working on a 1/10 scale 30’ track sled but it’s not finished yet. For those of you interested the 1/10 scale sled will be built and sold by me retail. I will let you know when it is ready for sale. This will be the best 1/10 scale sled you have ever seen and priced right.

Now about the tires. I am going to be as honest as possible so you can make up your own mind... I think testing went very well. I ran the standard bar tire about 6 times to get the sled set right for distance and to make sure the new puller was going to work. Then we changed the hubs and tires. I ran the Vite tires 6 times with an average pull of about 30’ or so. I would say they out pulled the standard tire by about an average of about 2’. Now that is with no changes to the set up to the puller. I think that if I had the time to make some setup changes to fit the Vite tire that it would have had done even better. We didn’t have that much time. It was Sunday and I still had 200 miles ahead of me to get home.

Now for the bad news. We had been checking the tires between pulls for damage. The tires held up very well with no damage or sign of ware. We had been checking the track between pulls and throwing out the few larger rocks that come up. Then after the last pull of the day we were checking the tires and found 2 chunks missing from one tire. We couldn’t understand why this happened. We thought we must have hit a sharp rock. So we went back to the track to look and found a large rusty nail laying in the grove. This must have been what damaged the tire.

Today while cleaning the tires to take photos and get a better look at them. The left tire looks real good with little sign of ware. The right side tire which is the damaged one looked the same as the left on the inside of the tire but the center and right side show damage as you will see in the photos so it had to be the nail. So in all I think that the tires are a success and will hold up to pulling long term. After this weeks tests I don’t recommend using these tires on a rocky track. What little ware the tires received I think came from the small rocks in the track. (There were a lot of them) Testing is by no means finished until these tires are worn out. I am keeping track of how many pulls these tires have pulled. I am going to post some photos of the tire damage and nail also my new puller. Some things aren’t finished yet.

If anyone is interested in purchasing a set of these tires you can contact me at [email protected]. The pair with wheels will cost $225.00 a pair plus shipping from me to you. This price is only good for this first order I make. After that I will put a price in stone. Since I can’t stock them at this time and I am not sure how long it will take to receive the first order they must be prepaid and may take 2-4 weeks for you to receive them. These tires/wheels are imported. There will not be any warranty on these tires/wheels. These are considered a performance part and I cannot control what you may do to them. They will be inspected by me before shipping. I think these tires will be the biggest thing to hit RC pulling in years but only time will tell.

I want to thank Dad and Jim from my wwpa4fans.com or org (which ever works due to internet problems) pulling club for helping with testing on Sunday. I also want to thank Harry from Vite Traction for giving me the chance to bring these tires to the USA.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ro41733.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	139.6 KB
ID:	679555   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vq52071.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	81.8 KB
ID:	679556   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ot48433.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	147.9 KB
ID:	679557   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ey70414.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	100.6 KB
ID:	679558   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cn79107.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	135.4 KB
ID:	679559   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tk76227.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	77.6 KB
ID:	679560  
Old 05-15-2007, 12:36 PM
INsavageXpuller

wow $225?????????????? thats a lil much for two when u can get them off of imex. but hey if they perform i guess its worth every penny congrats on ur fine find in this tire
Old 05-15-2007, 02:46 PM
RCPULLINGTRACTOR

Imex dont make a tire with this kind of tread. These are the only rc tire in the world as far as I know.
Old 05-26-2007, 08:12 AM
RCPULLINGTRACTOR

Hi guys now I can take some time and let you know how the spring event went for me. The weekend started by not receiving the shipment of Vite tires. So I spent about two hours going over the damaged tire and gluing all the damage with tire glue. There were lots of small tares that I didn’t see before. The glue worked grate no new damage after 4 pulls at the springs. I got a late start Saturday morning and missed the concourse. Then about 45 minuets before the pulling was to start we went outside to start and tune my truck and it wouldn’t run right then just locked up. Somehow the filter failed and dirt got in it bad when we pulled at the farm. So here I stand with a junk engine just before the pulling starts 225 miles from home. Dad built a tractor to sell and brought it to the event. That was lucky for me now I had an engine. So we had it running by the time pulling started even with a trip to the hardware store for a tool I didn’t have with me. The only problem with the switch was dads was a 33cc and mine was 38cc. (I ordered a brand new chainsaw and a K&N filter to replace it.)

The NRCTPA track was hard packed and moist. It was well groomed between rounds
Pulling didn’t start much better for me. My first pull was way short and the engine started to nose dive about half track or so but it was running fine after the pull. Now rembering this is a new truck and a new tire. When we tested at the farm everything went grate as far as the tires and gearing but it was not as good a track it was soft. We immediately knew that we needed a gear change but of course I didn’t have one so it was plan B. (I also ordered sprockets.) We tried to reduce the down force on the rear Vite tires to get it to spin more. This tire was biting the track so hard it was killing the engine. It needs a big gear change. My second pull wasn’t much better so we got real drastic on the setup. It was do or die on my third pull since I needed a full pull to get into the pull off. My third pull was much better I got my full pull and into the pull off. The pull off was as bad as my first pull after they loaded up the sled. It was just a lack of power.
I ended up finishing 3rd. This event is what I needed to shake down the truck and tires.

Well with everything that happened I think all went as good as it could. The Vite tires worked like they should and got no further damage. The tires have 10 pulls on them now. They seem to like a hard packed moist track. These Vite tires work as well as they look. They will hold up very well on a NRCTPA track.

I received the tire shipment yesterday (Friday) and now have all the tires Vite makes. I will be taking photos of them and posting them soon with a price list. If anyone would like to order a pair of tires just let me know. They will be by order only at this point in time. I will try to stock the tires that sell the best in the future. Ordering may take 3 to 6 weeks for you to receive them. Importing these tires is not cheep. I must combine orders to make shipping costs lower. After I receive the shipment shipping from me to you will be free.

If you were at the springs and saw the tires please post what you saw good or bad. I am looking for input from others. I think that when the puller and tire are matched with setup to the track they will be unstoppable winning tires.

Old 06-16-2007, 07:12 AM
RCPULLINGTRACTOR

Well I haven’t finished the price sheet yet. Things have been real busy for me. I have not been able to do much at all lately. I also just finished a class on CNC programming. I haven’t been to school in 25 years. Talk about making your head spin. We got our first CNC machining center at work its one bad dude. Also I will be at the STPA pull on June 23 at the Maria Stein Festival in Ohio. I will have all of the Vite tires with me.