Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

New Top end for FG MT

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2007, 01:34 PM
02f350psd
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Top end for FG MT

Any suggestions for a new top end for my FG MT. Looking at either the 27cc Billet Head kit or the 25.4cc race ported kit from oneill brothers. Any experience with either of these?

Thanks
Old 04-29-2007, 05:52 PM
02f350psd
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: New Top end for FG MT

anyone?
Old 04-29-2007, 09:13 PM
krayziedxc
My Feedback: (9)

get the ported kits from oneill bros. one of best customer service i ever had!
Old 04-30-2007, 11:37 AM
mechanix311

I used to built alot of these motors for gopeds a few years ago and i never liked any of the two piece headkits. Alot of the people at the races wouldnt even run this type of cylinder-head combo and i think their is a reason for it. All of the motors i built ran very well and i used the 25.4 cc kit from zenoah. I used a zenoah lh crank, crank stuffer, knifed rod, i lathed the inner piston skirt to reduce weight and raised the piston skirt on the intake side. I boost ported the piston where it runs in the transfer ports and ran no base gasket i used 1211 silicone and removed the arrow on the piston. I also did a complete port job on the cylinder. Im not sure how the new guys are doing it now but i know that almost all of the engine builders in these forums used to build go-ped motors before the whole goped thing went belly up. I know for a fact the oneils stuff runs and it runs fast. Bh hanson also builds some nice motors but i dont know if they do it anymore. I never messed with the reed motors because i thought they were a joke and not necessary. Alot of the guys had problems with these at the track and most of them would not even make it to the gate. Maybe they have changed the design of them now but a few years back i hated them.