Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

x-can or DDM Dominator

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 08:57 PM
chefboyrd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default x-can or DDM Dominator

Gang,
What are your thoughts on which one to get. The x-can or Dominator pipe for the Baja?
Cheers,
John
Old 04-30-2007, 09:04 PM
T I G

Default RE: x-can or DDM Dominator

I have been debating on which one to get to.
I have heard great things about both, the only thing with the DDM is fitment may be a little off. It tends to melt the roll cage.
One of these days I'll get something.
Old 04-30-2007, 09:05 PM
fourwheeler

What is the terrain you run on? Looking to do big air jumps? What are you looking to get from the pipe? Top end speed? Gobs of low end?

The X-can is a step up from the stock can. It is the best protected option of the 2 you mentioned.

The Dominator is a torque monster. Very good low end and mid range pipe. Fairly well protected.
Old 04-30-2007, 09:21 PM
chefboyrd

I want the dominator but I keep hearing it melts stuff and that scares me. Will I have to replace these melted pieces or will it make the parts weaker?
-John
I am looking for some low end punch!!
Old 04-30-2007, 10:22 PM
krayziedxc
My Feedback: (9)

i have the dominator it havent melt any of my roll cage at all..but the fit-ment doesnt fit right for the pipe to mount on the engine..got to drill it to be bigger, planing on to buy a jet-pro pipe..
Old 05-01-2007, 08:58 PM
TheFgMan01

ORIGINAL: chefboyrd

I want the dominator but I keep hearing it melts stuff and that scares me. Will I have to replace these melted pieces or will it make the parts weaker?
-John

The low -end DDM pipe wraps around the roll cage and melts nothing... my mid-top end pipe didnt melt anything and mounted up great for me with out drilling. ( the only time my DDM melted alittle bit of the roll cage was from doing wheeling and breaking the brace on the pipe with out a wheelie bar)... i now have a wheelie bar and new pipe on order
Old 05-01-2007, 10:34 PM
badz
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: TheFgMan01

-John

The low -end DDM pipe wraps around the roll cage and melts nothing... my mid-top end pipe didnt melt anything and mounted up great for me with out drilling. ( the only time my DDM melted alittle bit of the roll cage was from doing wheeling and breaking the brace on the pipe with out a wheelie bar)... i now have a wheelie bar and new pipe on order
The DDM pipe DOES melt the cage on the Baja's there are NONE in exsistence that do not melt the cages, anyone who claims it does not touch the cage areas is lying...period.
Old 05-02-2007, 03:15 AM
hathi
Banned

from what I have heard of the dom is that it sometimes melts the cage or not fit right, this is just what I have heard from several other people.
Old 05-02-2007, 03:30 AM
carpy100

what about the tgn racepipe? that thing looked awsome...
the x can isn't a tune pipe.
Old 05-02-2007, 05:38 AM
chopchop.au

badz , not that i want to start an argument, but i have run the DDM pipe for around 4months, and it hasnt melted any of the roll cage. I have done more damage to the cage by ending on its lid. Yes it did touch the cage in one little spot, which i fixed in 2seconds with my dremel. i took off about 2mm from the underside of the cage and its perfect, no melting. Wahla..!

hathi, As to the poor fit, mine was fine no leaks around the manifold, cant complain...!
Old 05-02-2007, 06:31 AM
34Ford
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: chopchop.au

Yes it did touch the cage in one little spot, which i fixed in 2seconds with my dremel. i took off about 2mm from the underside of the cage and its perfect, no melting. Wahla..!

So had you not removed the spot it was touching it would have melted.
Old 05-02-2007, 07:41 AM
fourwheeler

ORIGINAL: badz

ORIGINAL: TheFgMan01

-John

The DDM pipe DOES melt the cage on the Baja's there are NONE in exsistence that do not melt the cages, anyone who claims it does not touch the cage areas is lying...period.

Well I guess I am a liar then....mine doesn't touch at all. It is close in one place but does NOT touch. Thanks Badz for setting me straight.
Old 05-02-2007, 07:57 AM
T I G

carpy,
That TGN Race Pipe is pretty bad ass. The way I throw my Baja around makes me nervous about damaging it, with its size.
Old 05-02-2007, 08:29 AM
hndaman1
My Feedback: (6)

here is vid of my X can powdered baja.. tell me what you think?

http://s39.photobucket.com/albums/e1...t=100_2232.flv
Old 05-02-2007, 09:06 AM
T I G

Nice, is that on a stock motor?
How many different kinds or styles of X-Cans are there?

Thanks
Old 05-02-2007, 09:13 AM
hndaman1

ORIGINAL: T I G

Nice, is that on a stock motor?
How many different kinds or styles of X-Cans are there?

Thanks
I have a 29cc top end kit only....and for the X-can I think there is only 2 designs rear exit and side exit?
Old 05-02-2007, 09:18 AM
Earth Surfer

I look at badz as just a really harsh critic (but he can be pretty damaging because he states untruths that he calls fact--like he has seen more DOM pipes than one and call people liers if they did not have the problems he had). Badz is actually just trying to help us like a magazine test does, but he seems to have some kind of personal issue (a rage) with DDM, and he brings that troubled emotion to the internet in a way that a magazine never would. Badz is so biased about the little problems he had with his pipe, he ignores the fact that the DOM pipe is a very good performing pipe and construction of the pipe itself is said to be among the best (there is some real crap out there for welds and workmanship of the pipe and manifold). I think most people will like the power of the DOM pipe before the power of the V3 (the DOM makes more useable low end power for most applications--but the V3 may rev further if your in the dunes). So, even if there are a few problems on some pipes (that should be fixed ASAP IMO), badz totally leaves out the fact that the pipe rips with a great, useable spread of power from bottom to top. That is the main reason why we buy a pipe. To only point out small problems, and ignore the bigger picture of how it performs, is public deception a magazine would never do. But than again, I don't think I ever saw a magazine that needed anger managment classes.

For the record-- I never thought a rear mount pipe would be best for the baja. I am sure jet Pro's have had some fit problems also (along with other pipes). I saw these fit problems, because of manufacturing varience and tight confines of the rear roll cage, being a problem with rear mount pipes (that are actually long enough to be well tuned pipes), from a mile away. I don't think there is a acutal tuned pipe made, that is a rear molunt pipe, that has not suffered some fit problems on the baja. You may say "HPI", but it is not out, and I doubt from what I have seen and read about it (which could be wrong info) that is a proplerly tuned pipe.

There is no such thing as a perfect aftermarket world---heck, there is no such thing as a perfect OEM world. Ya might have to use your own mind a bit to make things work the way you want sometimes. But if it works as well as a DOM pipe---ya might find it worth it to work through tiny problems and enjoy the great power the pipe makes. Hopefully, any problems will be fixed--but there will allways be problems we have to deal with. That means some long term high blood pressure for Badz man.
Old 05-02-2007, 02:36 PM
hathi
Banned

I've run the tgn race pipe, it will melt your cage in half. I like the preformance of it as well, but the jet pro is by far my favorite pipe.
Old 05-02-2007, 02:39 PM
hndaman1

ORIGINAL: hathi

I've run the tgn race pipe, it will melt your cage in half. I like the preformance of it as well, but the jet pro is by far my favorite pipe.

Do you have pics of this?
[X(]
Old 05-02-2007, 03:35 PM
Cyberfyn

Jetpro V3 has no issues and has great power. It's a no brainer for me

Ian F.
Old 05-02-2007, 03:36 PM
T I G

Really, I would like to see some pictures as well.

I like that JetPro, looks sharp. I like the silencer to.
Old 05-02-2007, 04:42 PM
TheFgMan01

Darn.. i was refering to my FGMT about the roll cage and the low end wraps around DDM pipe.. so my bad, i dont know how they fit on the Baha 5b
Old 05-02-2007, 04:49 PM
hathi
Banned

I will try and get some pics of my cage up tonight or tommorow, I've got the tgn pipe installed right now breaking in my new motor. So I'll get a few pics when I go run today.
Old 05-02-2007, 06:05 PM
T I G

Nice, Thanks hathi
Old 05-02-2007, 09:38 PM
raptor 8

Yup i sure love my dominator, GREAT PIPE. Lots of power. I have the xcan as well and for the money is very good also.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.