Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Stolen/Police report filed!

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2007, 08:38 PM
pythonfan
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stolen/Police report filed!

Well i got home from my grandma's tonight and found my fg Stolen!

We Called the cops and they came out and filed a police report and finger printed for evidence.

I don't know wat else to do, i had so much on it and have only ran it a few times, this really sucks guys.

Has this ever happened to you? they ever find it? they refund it?

This was my bby
Old 05-04-2007, 09:58 PM
Mr. Mugen

Default RE: Stolen/Police report filed!

BUMMER! Hope they find him/her and your truck. I never had it happen but I keep the house pretty secure when I am not here. Good luck! Hope it goes well for ya.
Old 05-04-2007, 10:38 PM
pythonfan

Thanks man, our garage door broke and we open and close it by hand, and thats how we think they got in.

I hope they find it!
Old 05-04-2007, 10:43 PM
Mr. Mugen

Maybe a jealous friend (or not friend), neighborhood kid, someone who sees you run it stole it. I can bet that is the case. Was anything else stolen? Was the radio with it? If you still have the radio then the guy may be in the market for a radio. Check with lhs for folks looking for a radio to match your rx. Just some sugg.
Old 05-04-2007, 11:49 PM
TheFgMan01

Wow, im really sorry to hear that man. i hope it comes up! I get that feeling whereever i leave mine either the truck of my car or at home. both are huge gambles really [] i kno if i found the person i'd be like [sm=punching.gif][:@][sm=punching.gif]
Old 05-04-2007, 11:59 PM
pythonfan

Well they did not take the radio or body, so they may be back but i got the radio inside now so.

My dad said call up the local hobby shops to see if anybody was looking for a radio? Should i try the hobby shops that only carry planes to?

The cop said to look around the nabor hood, to see if the stashed it in the woods, becuase that has happend with steros befor, and other things, plus there is a park just up the road so?

Oh trust me if i see the kid i'm gonna play it cool then [sm=punching.gif]and call the cops, and wen they ask wats with him" oh he fell"
Old 05-05-2007, 01:36 AM
JUCD VPR

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Dang dude that SUCKS, didn;t you make it 4WD also? Yikes, thats alot of money! I hope you or the cops find who took it! Damn thiefs!

So start here, WHO ALL knows you have this truck? Friends, neighbors? If you think about it and the FG is the only thing stolen this is someone you KNOW, or someone who knows you through a friend. Who's been around lately, who knows you own one, and WHO KNOWS your garage door is broken! Start there and you just may be able to find that person! Most likely if only a few people know then it's a friend or aquantance. Find the rat!
Old 05-05-2007, 07:12 AM
No Moa

i bought a dog, thing barks like crazy when anyone comes near my garage.
Old 05-05-2007, 07:17 AM
notman

good idea calling all the local shops with a B.O.L.O.
makes me want to do a little engraving
Old 05-05-2007, 09:52 AM
itsnotskidding

one of my savage's was stolen once, i found out it was a guy at my lhs!!!

i had been in a few times and showed it off a little and when i went into the store to ask about it i saw a shell, now i ALLWAYS and still do cut a tiny "V" on the bumper, tiny but enought to know its mine,
i saw it on the fllor behind this guys bag and asked if he wanted to sell the shell..(so i could get a closer check)..(also playing cool).. he said yea sure..

twat!!...[>:]

as he reached over i knew 1st hand the little s^*t had it, i smashed his face in, then i went and smashed his car outside the shop, ...

i got it back!!..

it was in his boot!!.. as i smashed the rear window there it was!!.. i saw RED and ran back into the shop and gave him last smack in the mouth for his trouble...

he lost his job and did not file a GBH report against me to the police so all was good, but i will say this...!!

ANYONE WHO ASK'S ABOUT HOW MUCH IT COST, WHERE YOU GET ONE FROM OR MOANS ABOUT THE NOISE WANTS IT EITHER GONE OR FOR THEMSELVES!!!
people are so stupid and horrible when they cant have what they want and cause so much pain and lost for other people!!

i just had barb wire all over my shed now..

1, stops anyone getting in from the roof
2, stops birds pecking at my roof..haha

i am sorry to hear dude, i hope you fine it!!.. i realy do..

and kicj the s&*t out of them...lol
peace.

p.s keep an eye out on Ebay!!!...alot of stolen good get stripped and sold on there!!!!!!!!!...
Old 05-05-2007, 10:50 AM
pythonfan

Ya i know. I just checked the park and a few of my friends houses and no sign.

Everybody in my naber hood knows about the truck, i drive it out in front of my house, but i live on a road were on any given day there is 10-20 kids walking back and fourth to the park. A lot have been affiliated with the law tons of times so leads me to think it was them, But only my friends know that the garage door does not work plus only a few have seen me open it.

I'm gonna call all the hobby shops around cause they did not snag the radio, so they are gonna be looking for a radio i hope!

It kills me, i have not even really been able to even brake her in yet, i hav drove it but very little, i was saving the brakin in till next weekend, wen my dad comes down to see me we were gonna do it together, since it will be the first time i see him in 3 years sfter he got hurt on the job!
Old 05-05-2007, 11:12 AM
icecreamslick
My Feedback: (9)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If it was a kid who stole it, I seriously doubt that they would be able to come up with a cover story for why they have a 25lb. truck in their room.

You might try the closest pawn shop since you filed a police report. They are required by law to list all pawned items, so the police can compare them to stolen merchandise (at least that is how I understand it). However, if the pawn broker gave some one money for it and it turns out to be stolen property, they will not get their money back, so they may not be too cooperative.......I don't know. [] I bet they have a name and address for the seller, if the pawn shop has the truck.

Good Luck!
Jason
Old 05-05-2007, 12:08 PM
itsnotskidding

jason, write a discription please...

this may help anyone on the forum, list what is on the truck and a few details, like scratch marks, dents??

this is due to ebay... honest dude!!, if people know what to look out for we can all help.
write the list and il browse e.bay .uk now and im sure others will surf .com for you.
cheers.
Old 05-05-2007, 02:08 PM
pythonfan

well i have a new surpize for you guys!

We locked down the house and went to the store and we came home to our door wide open, Now my fiehammer is missing 2, mom called the cops again, no tv's were stolen, no other cars, i had 150 laying on my desk did not tkae it they just took the truck, but they did not grab the radios!

We called all the pawn shops and the they said they can not pawn an item like that but they told us to try another one, we found the only one in a 50-75mile radius that would take it, he said they are required once a week to list wat they got in, he said this has happend with a few things like this and he is more than welcome to call the police if it comes in.

I called the hobby shops and told them to be on the look out for the anybody looking for an fm radio or a radio matchin my freq # 75.590. I was running both on the same freq. I my mom hais an idea about leving my muggy out in the open and watching it from the house with the cam we have hiddin out side and my dad is hiding in the woods.....with a baseball bat! We all took off to make like no one was home but there is a old servie road behind our house we parked in, and we snuck bake into the hose the cop is here to watching.

The fg does not have the body or the fh mt, there both bare bone. The fh had a few zip ties on it with striped pinnio and spur gears, The fg has the 4wd conversion on it, a futaba fm radio and a ddm pipe, and the fron wheel brake kit.

The fh mt was bone stock, i did not have the fail safe in it and the reiver pack is not with it as well as the switch, it is alos missing one side rail, i have the rail here just in the pic it is not on, and the fuel line is clear!!!

Thanks for all the help guys, i'm gonna post a missing truck on a few other boards,

Now i know it is someboduy i know cause they only came for my trucks nothing else!
Old 05-05-2007, 02:20 PM
icecreamslick
My Feedback: (9)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Either someone is screwing with you or they are a complete idiot about RC stuff. Not bodies, no transmitters and the FH MT has stripped gears....not likely to supply much satisfaction for the theives.
Old 05-05-2007, 02:34 PM
pythonfan

ya but those no nothig part u could still sell the fh for wat 500-700 still?

They did grab the stock fh radio but i'm not using the stock radio for the truck, but now they just have to get chrytals!

I have know clue, but as i was looking thru my room to see if anything else is missing, my ipod 30g in missing now so they got something that beafits them!
Old 05-05-2007, 03:09 PM
MONAROMAN

Pythonfan - mate that bites, 2 x rc's and not cheapies to boot! Gotta set em up now... Wire up 240v to an rc and leave garage open. Whoever is doing this is both stupid and very brave, knocking over the same place twice for the same thing. Hope you have an outcome like itsnotskidding... wouldn't be surprised if you have a similar stuation, me thinks whoever has it knows rc, no tx or bodies taken won't stop em - they're after the cash not the cars and they know what they're worth. I'd be personally inspecting any fg's and hammers for sale within 20kms for the next couple of months, may pop up with a new body on it on the bay

ORIGINAL: itsnotskidding

one of my savage's was stolen once, i found out it was a guy at my lhs!!!

i had been in a few times and showed it off a little and when i went into the store to ask about it i saw a shell, now i ALLWAYS and still do cut a tiny "V" on the bumper, tiny but enought to know its mine,
i saw it on the fllor behind this guys bag and asked if he wanted to sell the shell..(so i could get a closer check)..(also playing cool).. he said yea sure..

twat!!...[>:]

as he reached over i knew 1st hand the little s^*t had it, i smashed his face in, then i went and smashed his car outside the shop, ...

i got it back!!..

it was in his boot!!.. as i smashed the rear window there it was!!.. i saw RED and ran back into the shop and gave him last smack in the mouth for his trouble...

he lost his job and did not file a GBH report against me to the police so all was good, but i will say this...!!
Photos of missing car $1.00
Ads for return of car $5.00
Time spent looking for stolen car 24hrs
Satisfaction from smacking punk in mouth who stole it (and getting car back)...... PRICELESS
For everything else there's Mastercard
Old 05-05-2007, 03:10 PM
notman

how the hell did they know you left the house?almost seems like the thief is alot closer than one would believe
Old 05-05-2007, 03:20 PM
cameronfirehammer mt
Banned

ITS SOMEONE YOU KNOW,OR SOMEONE WHO WATCH'S YOU DRIVE IT.I WOULD KEEP AN EYE ON EBAY TO SEE IF IT SHOWS UP.
Old 05-05-2007, 03:33 PM
itsnotskidding

dude i feel your pain, honest... its the worst feeling in the world..

il search around .co.uk ebay.. a couple of pic would also help, the reason im saying .co.uk is cus its less tracable and takes nothing to set up an account,

to be honest this is someone you MUST know..

a stranger takes a tele, smashes the house and looks for jewlery, dvd player and things that are valuble.. OR in your case KNOW are worth there weight in gold!!

i have a plan...[>:]

why dont you put a for sale sighn on a peice of card out side the house with "for sale $3000 4wd fg, many hop-ups, seeling due to lose of intrest, can be seen in my shed and tested"..

hide in the shed and bam!! twat him/ her as they think they may have missed one!!!...

just an idea, robber who is silly to think he has lost out will come back for more if he thinks he can make some money on a bigger iteam!!...

just an idea...[]
Old 05-05-2007, 03:34 PM
pythonfan

very true guys.

I'm gonna keep an eye out still, but mom said the home owners insurnce will cover it but they are not open till monday![&o]

I will keep u guys posted!
Old 05-05-2007, 03:40 PM
itsnotskidding

all the best jason...

its never the same though with the house insurance, ive learnt that its the time, effort and understanding of your veicle that makes it what it realy is!!..
and no-one deserves to lose that..

sorry dude.. all the best...
Old 05-05-2007, 04:08 PM
pythonfan

Thanks man
Old 05-05-2007, 05:49 PM
T I G

Man, that sucks. I have all my cars in my garage to. I lock it, then put two visegrip clamps on it as well. I hope you find the little ******* who stole it.
Old 05-05-2007, 05:58 PM
pythonfan

Thnaks, well no luck yet with the the muggy sitting out side, we even let it run and walked away like i went to get something nope 3 kids went buy, looked never took![&o][&o][&o]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.