Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Large electric motors

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 09:22 PM
Vapor1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Large electric motors

Hello All

Brand new here. I need your input on a project. I have new bright 1/6 scale Hummers The small tires ones and the huge tires one. I know what your going to say "dont waste my time building them" but hear me out. All I want to do with them is make them 4X4 and climb hills thats it not fast at all. I have a GIANT 1/6 scale action figure collection and these are strictly for filming mini films with the vehicles. But they need some torque power and a little speed not much maybe 15 20 mph What would you recommend or has it ever been done making these things work for this.

I have been doing searches for hours here on the forum.

These mini films may be a cable pilot with a little stop motion and pyro involved. Its all fun work for me. The reason for these vehicles is for the detail and real look to them. Any links to info regarding this would be great as I will be doing all the work to the R/C vehicles myself

Thanks in advance
Mark
Old 05-10-2007, 01:36 PM
JRexA

Default RE: Large electric motors

Look at some of the slower Brushless engines for Large electric planes.

If you search for Brushless, you should be able to find engines producing anything from 10W to 10,000W output power.

Here is a 1000kV Brushless rated at 2592 Watts: http://www.unitedhobbies.com/UNITEDH...idProduct=4935
Ok, you need 36V and maybe 80A to deliver that...
Old 05-10-2007, 08:57 PM
Bratch96

Now you have to post a video of one of your movies.
Old 05-11-2007, 03:53 PM
Vapor1

Bratch I will do that but it might be a while I will probably get the first truck in today when I do I will start tearing it apart. I have been doing a little research on the search feature finding what parts to use to build a new bright. I have my dremel ready to go so back to the research until they arrive.

Jrexa Thanks for the tip on the brushless I think you may be right instead of putting a weed eater motor in it I will go with brushless.

Mark