Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

CANT DECIDE

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2007, 09:20 AM
chase044
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CANT DECIDE

alright i got some money to buy a 5th scale rc. after getting out of rc cars for about 2 years just because it was too expensive with my racing and everything every weekend. ive always wanted a 5th scale. so im looking to buy one just to have fun with when i go dirt bike riding and stuff... so the two i really like are the HPI baja 5b. it looks really cool and from what ive seen it handles really good. But i havent heard much about the MCD race runner 4WD buggy. i like how it looks and i really like that it have 4WD. i know parts for the HPI are pretty easy to get since all the big rc retailers like tower hobbies and horizon have HPI parts. But what about the MCD how is parts availability for those. i mean the car is $450 more than the Baja 5b and its not RTR. i dont want to spend $800 more for the MCD than the Baja if all im gonna do if have problems finding parts when they break. And how durable is the MCD. i Mean if its built tuff and finding parts is hard but its so durable parts dont break that often then i guess it would be worth it.

thanks in advanced. just looking for some input.

Bryan
Old 05-18-2007, 10:10 AM
TQrcRacing

Default RE: CANT DECIDE

Both are great the MCD is a hoot it is well built and parts are not as much as a problem as they were in the USA.
Because you are close shoot me an email if you want a smoking deal on a TQ Buggy (like firehammer, or FG Marder)
Old 05-18-2007, 10:22 AM
chase044

i really like the MCD buggy B/C of the 4WD. i just priced one out to get everytjhing i want and its like $2211.95. hole cow. when i could have a Baja for half the price. but i really like the MCD i just shaw the new one they have. the Baja 1000 tropthy truck and i fell in love... i think im going to get that one.. im getting it with a 29cc stroker engine and a spectrum radio, with a jetpro pipe. hopefully its worth it. because its either this or a new dirt bike that im spending my money on.
Old 05-18-2007, 10:37 AM
JUCD VPR

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I own a FG MT, but man i'd sure like to have a 4WD MCD. they seem awesome! Both are good vehicles so you really can't go wrong!
Old 05-18-2007, 10:55 AM
whizzy

hi mate i just bought a mcd protruck 3 weeks ago and it was that good during break in that my brother bought one the next day it handles well and for the last couple of weeks i have bashed it hard and not damaged a part we both have 29cc with jetpro what i will recommend you get is a adjustable pitstop clutch or the likes as the car needs to bite at 9000 revs the other thing i have done is change my gearing on the car to 27/36/25/24 u will find you will be able to abuse it a hell of alot and it will still come back for more so here are some pics for you too

Old 05-18-2007, 11:21 AM
chase044

yea im really liking that pro truck from mcd. i just dont want to sepnd $2200 on it... thats a little much but i guess its worth it...
Old 05-18-2007, 12:19 PM
whizzy

id be really surprised if u were dissappointed after you get it
Old 05-18-2007, 02:52 PM
chase044

well theres more to it.. not only can i not decide on which car i want. but i cant decide if i want to get the 5th scale car, or if i want to get in dash navigation and tvs in my truck, or if i want to get 22 inch wheels for my truck, or if i want to get a pit bike, or if i want to get a new quad. im having trouble deciding... well i make enough in a week that i could get this now and in 2 weeks get something else on my list. but i dont know what i want to get now... im leaning towards the MCD trophy truck tho. as soon as i get my tyruck out of the shop with the toys i got on it now im going to get this.

ok i got a question....
yes another one. lol
but anyways how big are the tires on this compared to the pro-line tires that they make for the 10th scale monster trucks. i was thinking if they are the same size then i could get some pro-line bow ties on 40 series wheels and stick those on it... ofcourse i would have to get some addapters to do it tho.
Old 05-18-2007, 03:40 PM
whizzy

they are 170mm in height
Old 05-18-2007, 06:45 PM
chase044

OK SO I LOOKED AND PRO-LINE MAKES SOME 40 SERIES MONSTER TRUCK TIRES THAT ARE ABOUT 175MM. THEY ARE THE 40 SERIES MOAB TIRE.. SO I GUESS THOSE WILL WORK... SO ILL PROBLY BE GETTING SOME ADDAPTERS AND TIRES AND SETTING IT UP WITH SOME NICE TIRES. I MAY EVEN GO WITH THE 40 SERIES BOW TIES BUT THEY ARE ONLY 147.32MM... IM NOT SURE IF THOSE WILL BE BIG ENOUGH BUT WE WILL SEE.... I ALREADY HAVE A SET OF 40 SERIES BOW TIES FOR MY T-MAXX
Old 05-18-2007, 08:04 PM
wayneuk01

how about one of thease soon to be released fg 4wd ..
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn38018.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	280.9 KB
ID:	686977  
Old 05-18-2007, 08:50 PM
chase044

well its soon to be released.... so its not out yet and i dont want to be the test subject for it tp work out the bugs... idk it wont be till next wednesday that i actualy buy it so i got time to decide... thanks for your guys input
Old 05-18-2007, 10:11 PM
JUCD VPR

Maybe start off with a cheaper 1/5 scale truck like the Baja, some of the guys have a 600 dollar truck even, then get the navagation for your truck and whatever else, that way you have everything you wanted.
Old 05-18-2007, 10:12 PM
JUCD VPR

Whizzy ~ Man that truck does look cool, i wasen't a fan of it until I saw those pictures. Ahh still to expensive for me though.
Old 05-18-2007, 10:22 PM
chase044

yea i can get a baja 5b for like 600 or so... so i may just get that. but i mean if im gonna spend the money i might as well get the best is basicaly the logic i was using. lol but yea the price tag of $2200 for the pro truck is kind alike woah!! as much as i want it. i could get a quad, navigation for my truck and the baja 5b rtr for the same as just getting the MCD pro truck.... 3 sweeeet things, or 1 really really sweet thing... its hard to choose. maybe ill get the baja 5b for now and save up and get the pro truck in a few months... i guess my decision wont be made until the last minute right when im placing the order. until i click BUY i dunno what im gonna get.
Old 05-18-2007, 10:28 PM
JUCD VPR

I would rather have 3 sweeeet things , rather then ONE really sweet truck.

I mean this is my logic, the Baja from what i've seen and heard looks like a complete BLAST to play with, then you have a new quad which will be tons of fun! I love quads, and THEN navagation to pimp out your truck.

I vote no on the 2200 truck, get three awesome toys instead!
Old 05-18-2007, 10:44 PM
chase044

yea thats what i was thinking.... i mean i already have a quad but the quad i want is a little diffrent.. its actually from costco.. they are $1300 shiped to your door. lol and they have little xr 50 engines in them... but they are bored out to 125 and have a clutch. but basicaly the same engine.

heres the quad i have...
Old 05-18-2007, 11:12 PM
JUCD VPR

Dude no doubt.
Get :
BAJA
Quad
Navagation

This is a no brainer!
Old 05-19-2007, 01:39 PM
hitman1985

jeah get something you decide, not the ppl in here, all i can say is that i own my FG monster truck 1/6th SCALE paid about 600 Euro for it and i m proud to own a FG Product, thats why there is another Big Foot and a Marder buggy (1/6th scale) comin this summer, just do not plan on gettin a 4 wd FG before (i would say end07 beg08).

But all in all, every 1/6th scale model has its pros and contras, its just the driver who has to decide brand / price and upps.

Greetz
hitman1985