Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

New nitro to gas conversion ideas

Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

New nitro to gas conversion ideas

Old 05-27-2007, 12:12 AM
sam123
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New nitro to gas conversion ideas

Hi everyone. Im sure most of you are familiar with the 1/8th buggy that I converted from nitro to gas. I have since thought of a new project. It would involve putting the old version of the car back together (including the nitro engine), selling it on ebay and then buying a second hand CEN genesis. I want to make something that is bigger than what I have currently, but I am still unable to afford a REAL 1/5th scale truck like what you guys own.
Just wondering if you guys think this is a good idea? Also. do any of you know how good the cen genesis trucks are? - in terms of transmission and suspension quality.

BTW, I would also try and get my hands on a hands on a higer powerd engine for it also, maybe a chainsaw or G260RC engine.

Thanks
Old 05-27-2007, 12:16 AM
ttoks

Default RE: New nitro to gas conversion ideas

a chainsaw engine is the ticket, a huskvana 45 cc chainsaw engine is 7 hp without a tuned pipe, aand the 60 cc engines are 12 without a tuned pipe.
Old 05-27-2007, 03:34 PM
MONAROMAN

Don't do the genesis, I have one and its drivetrain is hard pressed keeping the nitro motor in check, mind you cen claim 5hp... yeah right, but it still is very torquey engine, to be honest the drivetrain would let you down - besides the cen 3 speeds are UTTER CRAP, the suspension would probably handle it once you glued the plastic shocks together tho. What about buying 2nd hand 1/5 to start with?
Old 05-28-2007, 02:25 AM
sam123

Thanks for the info - Maybe I will try a Losi LST?

If I had the money I would be getting a 5th scale car, but for now I will have to wait till I can get a job.
Old 05-28-2007, 09:00 AM
Heliman

Sounds like my youngest, Just turned 19 and hasn't figured out the job comes before the money or item you want.

He thinks, get me a new car now and I'll get a job later.

Randy
Old 05-28-2007, 01:39 PM
chowderhead72
My Feedback: (4)

The biggest problem with the LST2 would be spur gears and pinion/clutch bells. to realize the potential of the gas motor you would have to create a clutch bell with double the teeth on both gears. Stock is a 19/24 (If I remember correctly) you would need a 38/43 at the smallest to keep from creating a tractor with a top speed of 15mph. Nitro motors spin at twice the rpm of a gasser with a tenth of the torque. If you could come up with some type of idler gear set-up that would work correctly you may have something. Good luck
Old 06-27-2007, 07:49 PM
dch92

hey i have a revo and i was wondering if any one you had info or input or anything to say cause i hate nitro with a pasion dont like so i was wondering if anyone could tell me what a good small gas engine i could put into my revo?
Old 06-27-2007, 08:04 PM
Baja5BLST

haha, you can't, not in a revo. convert it to brushless
Old 06-28-2007, 06:03 AM
Bratch96

What? What? and What? What? my friend has a cen gen 7.7 and LOVES it. I say go for it. I don't know about a 1/10 scale revo. but if you can fit a gas engine in there, then i would love to see some pics.
Old 06-28-2007, 11:33 AM
Dave ESPI

just save your money and find a second hand truck. I watch them sell cheap on e-bay and forums all the time.
Old 06-28-2007, 08:49 PM
TheFgMan01

ORIGINAL: Bratch96

What? What? and What? What? my friend has a cen gen 7.7 and LOVES it. I say go for it. I don't know about a 1/10 scale revo. but if you can fit a gas engine in there, then i would love to see some pics.

My LHS has that cen7.7 on there display, it's pretty big for a nitro. i like the way it was design looks awsome !
Old 06-28-2007, 09:01 PM
T I G

Someone already sells a gas conversion for a Nemesis/Genesis.

Heres a link of the company that makes them, this link is for a Savage.

http://cgi.ebay.com/1-5-Savage-Gas-e...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 06-29-2007, 09:26 AM
sam123

I would not try to convert a revo, you would be better off trying a savage or t-maxx. The chassis setup on the revo is just a little too crammed and complicated for my liking. BTW everyone, I might be making another video of my gasserized buggy this weekend, just as soon as I make a new muffler for it (the old one snapped in half).
Also does anyone know where I can get some really stiff springs that will fit onto 1/8 buggy shocks? The ones I have at the moment are waaaay too soft for jumping.
Old 06-29-2007, 02:34 PM
Baja5BLST

You wouldn't be able to fit a gas engine on a revo, period. Look at the space between the tranny and the rear shock tower. There isn't enough room to squeeze a gas engine in there. Plus you need a large 700cc gas tank. there just isn't room
Old 06-29-2007, 03:22 PM
bigmodman

baja,
he already said he wouldnt ever do that he isnt stupid.he didnt want to put it into a revo