Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

engine cutting out problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2007, 04:19 AM
[email protected]

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default engine cutting out problems

Can anyone help me?
I have a thunder tiger mta 4/monster gt .28 and i am having problems with it cutting out after a jump, the motor seems to backfire (pop) and stop dead. I don't know if this helps but when i look at the motor there is an air lock in the fuel line just in front of the carby, I give it a few pulls and it starts again, i've been playing with the mixture screws to no avail any input would be appeciated.
Thanks Heath
Old 06-11-2007, 05:19 AM
wayneuk01

Default RE: engine cutting out problems

put it on e bay for sale and get yourself a large scale with a zenoah engine will solve your engine problem
Old 06-11-2007, 05:24 AM
Slammed

I hate stupid answers[:@]

anyways I would just suggest you stiffen up your shocks a little bit at a time see if it stops make sure any gear covers are not broken just in case they are hitting the ground or something that abruptly stops the engine just like the flywheel on most cars for starter boxes
Old 06-11-2007, 07:15 PM
[email protected]

thanx slammed
i have gone right over the truck there is nothing broken or flapping around. The motor also seems to cackle(small back fires) when you are holding it flat like it is breaking down like a spark problem you would have with a petrol motor with a spark plug or point problem. Ive put a new glow plug in it but it didnt seem to make a difference they are only Medium tiger pro plugs though. [&o]
Old 06-11-2007, 08:59 PM
cyclops1970
My Feedback: (5)

try some Mccoy 59 or os #8's possibly if you think it mihgt be your plugs .. they can make a huge difference
Old 06-11-2007, 09:19 PM
TheFgMan01

Hey buddy.. sounds like you need a new clutch they way you discribe it when landing.. im betting on the clutch, if you feel like taking the clutch bell off i would think the clutch will come crumbling out..