Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

steering servo moves way slooooow

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

steering servo moves way slooooow

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 08:32 PM
MTPFoot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default steering servo moves way slooooow

I am working on my friend's FG Bigfoot. (It was involved in a runaway) I am having issues with the steering servo. It is a new Hitec HS 805BB 1/4 scale. The servo moves from left to right...but sooooooooo slow. And it will not turn the tires when on the ground. Is this normal? The 5 cell battery is charged and when I hook it up to my FG, it turns the tires from left to right with the upmost authority. And I am sure all the settings on the transmitter are correct? Am I missing anything?
Old 06-14-2007, 11:19 PM
frankinstf

Default RE: steering servo moves way slooooow

try turning the wheels by hand. with the radio and receiver on it should difficult. if not your gears maybe stripped.
Old 06-14-2007, 11:21 PM
frankinstf

[link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXPVS5&P=7]tower[/link]http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXPVS5&P=7
if so try tower
Old 06-15-2007, 12:34 AM
TheFgMan01

If it's been wreck pretty good i'd be checking that servo saver
Old 06-15-2007, 01:29 AM
Dave ESPI

I have the same servo model. I have issues occasionaly where the servo turns the truck left, but does not want to go right all the time. If I turn left then back right again, it will go right, or just straight. I think there may be an issue with power getting low as it works fine when battery is fully charged, and seems to creep up as power dies......or a servo saver horn that is weakened by abuse/use or a missing tooth on the gear. I have not opened it up to check, but I ordered a replacement set of the nylon gears for it anyway for 7.00 and if that clears up the problem, I'll be happy.
Old 06-15-2007, 07:28 AM
MTPFoot

Thanks guys. I took the servo apart and re-aligned the gears. It looked like they were not meshing right from the factory. Funny thing...the older servo is the one I aligned and works great now. The new servo, once I took the gears off, still moved really slow...so that one is going to be sent back. By the way, Dave ESPI, I had the same issue with the wheels only turning left and not right. Check your transmitter. I had 0% adjustment on STR (steering right) and 100% on STL (steering left)..on my JR radio. Once I set both to 100%, it cleared up that issue.
Old 06-15-2007, 11:32 AM
Dave ESPI

MTP, thanks, good tip, but it is not a TX issue as I have it set at 100 % already. once the power is back up on the battery the servo works fine, but I think it still is an issue with the gears or perhaps a wire is frayed and not making conductivity at all times with a contact.