Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Smartech 4WD MT Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2007, 05:55 PM
Oneill Brothers Racing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Smartech 4WD MT Pictures

We just received a couple samples of the new smartech 4WD Monster Truck and throught everyone might want to see some pictures. We will have the trucks availabe within the next 2-4 weeks. They are all coming RTR with a 28cc motor and a painted shell. These trucks are coming with a new style motor. I've all ready pulled one apart and noticed that it has 3 bolt cylinder. It looks like the only parts that will be interchangable with a CY or Zenoah motor would be the pull start and maybe the 36mm piston. A Jetpro pipe will be availabe for this truck soon. We will be making a video this weekend and should have a full review on the truck within the week.

Old 06-22-2007, 06:11 PM
MBX5T Maniac
My Feedback: (-1)

Default RE: Smartech 4WD MT Pictures

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
*Wipes tears from eyes*
Look, they even took LST shocks, and put it on it. Oh very clever Smartech.
Old 06-22-2007, 08:16 PM
poe

Have you driven one yet? Make sure you link us or post the review on here.. please....
Old 06-22-2007, 09:51 PM
striffy

Nice, be interesting to see how it hods up over time.
Any word on if the shell can be bought separately?
Old 06-23-2007, 01:59 AM
Bratch96

So, could you swap the engine with a zen or cy? Or are you stuck using that kind of engine??
Old 06-23-2007, 06:23 AM
help-me

how much are they going to cost? im in the uk
Old 06-23-2007, 01:31 PM
huw4027

Yeah Sean, do you have any idea what the price would be in the USA. [8D]
Old 06-23-2007, 09:04 PM
TheFgMan01

do you think that jet-pro pipe will be a similar design like the one that fits the baha-5?? that would be ugly !! but it's a nice looking truck
Old 06-23-2007, 09:26 PM
Slammed

nice
Old 06-23-2007, 09:41 PM
Baja5BLST

Uhh, can you say LST shocks? Looks just like them at least. Except mine have a threaded body.
Old 06-23-2007, 09:59 PM
Dave ESPI

no 'fnce, but it looks like a "toy". Those tie rods and driveshafts are wayyyyyy too thin looking, plus no real upper links of any stature spell almost certain destructo-bashin' badness.

Metal drive gears and trany by chance ? []
Old 06-25-2007, 03:52 PM
kengentry5000
My Feedback: (2)

Looks just like the Carson 4x4 at HobbyThek and the Smartech 4x4 from that Austrailian dealer in the marketplace.

I wonder if O'Neills will be able to match the Aussie's price at $1300 USD?
Old 06-25-2007, 06:20 PM
MrMikeG

Your right about the axles and tie rods, I hope it is just the pics. I changed my Bigfoot axles to FG's and the FG are actually smaller, the Smartech cups were much beefier. I needed the extra length for F1 wheels. [8D]
Old 06-25-2007, 06:46 PM
RC_chaos

Sean,

Do you plan to stock parts for this vehicle?

The motor sounds a little scary for parts and hop-ups. Will a CY or Zenoah fit this chassis?

How is parts availability? From what I was told by a very reliable source, Smartech also makes the Firehammers for Duratrax. Parts availability has been very tough for the Firehammers, Carsons, and other China-made vehicles. How can we feel comfortable purchasing one of these trucks when Smartech's parts availability has been so poor. For those of you who don't understand what I'm talking about, go to towerhobbies web site and look at how many parts are backordered for the firehammers. You can't buy gears, differential drive cups, tie rods, dog bones, or fuel tanks, just to mention a few of the frequently needed basic parts. My firehammer has been down for more than 2 months because of parts shortages. Many of the parts are expected to be in stock by "Late June", but keep watching like I do...the dates just keep getting pushed back. I just don't want to get stuck with another truck that is constantly broken down with no parts to fix it.[sm=thumbs_down.gif]

I hope this works out for you guys, but I have reservations to purchase because of what I know about manufacturer.

Old 06-25-2007, 06:52 PM
MrMikeG

I haven't broken much but all my parts were available right away in Australia, have you tried other sources besides Tower?
Old 06-25-2007, 07:25 PM
kidd

my guess, that unless oniel bros. stocks them it'll be hard to find parts in the u.s. hopefully someone will step up maybe largescalerc they sound like thier decent to deal with.
Old 06-25-2007, 07:42 PM
PAPE

Good bye MCD, I know this china made product will self distruct withing the first 2 tanks but then after the revisions are done and all the bugs are taken out and then later variations like buggy monster and street come out, MCD is long gone sort of like what happened to new era. welcome the not so overpriced gas 4x4's
Old 06-25-2007, 08:45 PM
wyd

ORIGINAL: RC_chaos

Sean,

The motor sounds a little scary for parts and hop-ups. Will a CY or Zenoah fit this chassis?

How is parts availability? From what I was told by a very reliable source, Smartech also makes the Firehammers for Duratrax. Parts availability has been very tough for the Firehammers, Carsons, and other China-made vehicles. How can we feel comfortable purchasing one of these trucks when Smartech's parts availability has been so poor. For those of you who don't understand what I'm talking about, go to towerhobbies web site and look at how many parts are backordered for the firehammers. You can't buy gears, differential drive cups, tie rods, dog bones, or fuel tanks, just to mention a few of the frequently needed basic parts. My firehammer has been down for more than 2 months because of parts shortages. Many of the parts are expected to be in stock by "Late June", but keep watching like I do...the dates just keep getting pushed back. I just don't want to get stuck with another truck that is constantly broken down with no parts to fix it.[sm=thumbs_down.gif]

I hope this works out for you guys, but I have reservations to purchase because of what I know about manufacturer.

From what I understand about Tower Hobbies is they won't order parts til they have alot of backorders. Then they will go ahead and place orders. One of my best friends runs Custom Works (nitro sprints for those who are not familiar). They always show they are out of parts but when you call CW they say Tower has not placed an order yet but we have 50 plus in stock.

I don't think parts are hard to get but more like Tower Hobbies is waiting to place large orders so they can get as cheap as a price as possible. I just have my local shop order parts for the Hammer and have no problems getting things. Also depends on how fast Tower updates the website.
Old 06-26-2007, 04:48 AM
Bratch96

Well, where's the video?
Old 06-27-2007, 05:42 PM
Oneill Brothers Racing

Have you driven one yet? Make sure you link us or post the review on here.. please....
Yes we have driven the truck. Once the review is finished it will be posted.

Nice, be interesting to see how it hods up over time.
Any word on if the shell can be bought separately?
I'm not sure if the shell can be purchased seperate yet.

So, could you swap the engine with a zen or cy? Or are you stuck using that kind of engine??
A Zenoah or CY motor will be a direct bolt up.

do you think that jet-pro pipe will be a similar design like the one that fits the baha-5?? that would be ugly !! but it's a nice looking truck
The Jetpro marder pipe all most fits this truck. It look like with a few changes to the marder pipe that it will fit. We will not know until the pipe is ready.

no 'fnce, but it looks like a "toy". Those tie rods and driveshafts are wayyyyyy too thin looking, plus no real upper links of any stature spell almost certain destructo-bashin' badness.

Metal drive gears and trany by chance ?
Every gear that I have seen so far is metal. We have not opened the diff up yet but i'm assuming it has metal gears also.

Looks just like the Carson 4x4 at HobbyThek and the Smartech 4x4 from that Austrailian dealer in the marketplace.

I wonder if O'Neills will be able to match the Aussie's price at $1300 USD?
We are planning on selling the truck for $1200

Sean,

How is parts availability? From what I was told by a very reliable source, Smartech also makes the Firehammers for Duratrax. Parts availability has been very tough for the Firehammers, Carsons, and other China-made vehicles. How can we feel comfortable purchasing one of these trucks when Smartech's parts availability has been so poor. For those of you who don't understand what I'm talking about, go to towerhobbies web site and look at how many parts are backordered for the firehammers. You can't buy gears, differential drive cups, tie rods, dog bones, or fuel tanks, just to mention a few of the frequently needed basic parts. My firehammer has been down for more than 2 months because of parts shortages. Many of the parts are expected to be in stock by "Late June", but keep watching like I do...the dates just keep getting pushed back. I just don't want to get stuck with another truck that is constantly broken down with no parts to fix it.

Yes we are planning on stocking parts for this truck. I do not know the parts availability yet.

Well, where's the video?
We have not made the video yet. We are still working out some bugs in the truck right now. We just installed a modified Zenoah G260RC to see how the truck holds up. The 28cc motor that comes in the truck is disapointing. It has the smallest ports that I have ever seen. We have put a hold on the trucks until all of the little problems are solved. We are planning on ordering the trucks with out motors so that we can offer the trucks with any motor we stock.

Old 06-28-2007, 06:10 AM
Bratch96

awesome, keep up the good work, lots of interest in this truck. still waiting for some video, any video.
Old 07-01-2007, 06:19 PM
Croozer
My Feedback: (1)

Looks nice, I went to the Smartech website and looked under "Nitro Off-Road" the truck is number 05341, when you click on the link it takes you to a video of the truck but gives you no info about the truck.

Pretty stoopid on Smartechs part.
Old 07-02-2007, 05:34 AM
Bratch96

You can definitely hear more than just he engine running, does the mcd sound like that? It seems solid, probably needs lighter shock oil.
Old 07-02-2007, 05:54 AM
JRexA

Here you have the link to the SmarTech info: http://www.smartechracing.com/web_20...05341/main.php

Their text still says 2WD!! Well... someday it is likely going to be updated.....
Old 07-02-2007, 05:55 AM
JRexA

Btw: The diffs: Are they Alu or plastic diffs?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.