Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

MCD Broken

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2007, 08:44 PM
cobaltltblue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MCD Broken

so i'm helping this new guy get his savage running and broken in properly. we herad out to the local park to drive. i bring along my MCD and we are driving for about 10 min when his buddy asked to drive his savage. he said cool so then he turns to me and says Can i try your truck. i'm involved in talking to my wife who is driving her 1/18th buggy and i'm like sure and without even thinking i hand him the controler. he starts to pull away slowly and warnning lights start going off! i don't want to be rude so i just stand there and watch intently at my baby drive off. so he puts around bliping the throttle a bit then turns toward a lip in the side of a hill AND NAILS IT!!! so here i stand as my truck is flipping end over end body flopping around and parts falling out! i snach the controller away my wife yells "WHAT THE HELL!" we servay ythe dammage....... one broken shock shaft.........rear body mounts pulled through the body............BENT JETPRO PIPE!!!............Broken RC lighting box...........and Body rear fender deformed inside out!!

NEVER LET ANYONE DRIVE YOUR TRUCK!

I'm such an IODIT
Old 06-23-2007, 08:50 PM
TheFgMan01

Default RE: MCD Broken

I sure hope he has a big wallet [:@] im sorry to hear about that dude and let me guess, the guy just stands there and says ( im sorry [sm=what_smile.gif]). how much do you think the damages are?
Old 06-23-2007, 09:53 PM
Dave ESPI

I feel for ya. I was the "IDIOT" to myself though 2 nights ago. I slammed a light pole head on with a powerslide glancing blow at near full speed with my FGMT and did sone nice damages that I need to fix this week. Nothing major, just some sheared off bolt heads and a few bent metal pieces. I'm glad these FG's are built like tanks !
Old 06-23-2007, 09:59 PM
TheFgMan01

^^ some how the FG's are build tuff.. i got mad at mine lastnight and through at the wall as hard as i could and nothing happend. problem after problem and more problem. fix one thing and somthing else fails the same day. constant
Old 06-23-2007, 10:12 PM
Dave ESPI

fg, I feel your angsty woes. I have a HUGE Jetpro pipe on my truck, and it is always int eh way of where I want to work on ! I swear I need a triple ratcheting universal driver to get into some places, but I guess if I stop driving it like a retard, it will quit breaking!... then again, Driving it like a retard is more fun ! plus, they are really easy to work on. Some 10th scale cars and trucks are a nightmare to take apart and repair the little things.
Old 06-23-2007, 10:18 PM
TheFgMan01

lol yeah there too small !! these are easy to work on.. i have to take my diff apart because i lost controll at high speed and flipped it and the rear dog bone shot out with the diff cup. when that happend the shim in the diff moved out of place and got stuck in the spider gears so not the truck wont move
Old 06-24-2007, 02:14 AM
Hutch-e-bee

I wouldn't even let Sinan Sunali (MCD company owner!) drive my MCD, because even though he could give me a new one, it wouldnt be the same as MY one.
Old 06-24-2007, 02:16 AM
Baja5BLST

He wouldn't give you a new one. He'd fix your current one, then give you enough parts to build 3 more MCD's. So I'd let him drive.
Old 06-24-2007, 12:04 PM
cobaltltblue

well I bent the pipe back to close to new. the scratches are al dowbn the one side. (it's polished) found a new set of shocks for it.(more on that later) i popped most of the body back out and had to repair some cracks. still Pissed.
Old 06-24-2007, 01:54 PM
huw4027

It is nice to be kind but you have to use wisdom. [8D]
Old 06-24-2007, 02:05 PM
huw4027

I am not doing any comparisons or anything but let me tell you all a little story.
I was driving my Baja 5B once on the road and there was some guys watching it
with awe so the little boy in me began to show off and i nailed the throttle and it
took off down the road but suddenly a car appeared from a side road so i hit the
brakes and it started to spin and hit a fire hydrant and flipped. The onlookers were
all saying " It mash up now" and i was thinking something similar but when i got to
the vehicle and inspected it the only thing that happened was some red paint on the
roof.
This is true if you look back on past threads you will see it and that is why i have
alot of respect for the Baja 5B because it is tough. [sm=thumbup.gif][sm=thumbup.gif][sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 06-24-2007, 03:51 PM
Hutch-e-bee

That was lucky!! I have had the most innocuous shunts (idle speed into a kerb, broken rose joint) and broke stuff and also had BIG WOT shunt with rollovers (rear step out on the straight, head on into barrier 4 rolls drove away!) and broke nothing! You never can tell how its gonna turn out!
Old 06-24-2007, 04:21 PM
Dave ESPI

Hutch, This is very true. Sometimes the little things are more annoying than when we do really stupid stuff like launch our FG MT's off a 4 x 8 sheet of Ply wood leaning up against a Pickup truck and send them sailing 40 feet to land on their roof and then flip a 1/2 dozen times, land on the wheels, and drive away from it unscathed other than some pavement gouges in the roof and a bent tie rod

I wish I had the video camera on that one.... I'll do it again .....It was just Awesome!

Sometimes we all forget that 1/2 the fun is the knowledge of the fact that we can REPAIR our damages to these rather than just throwing away 1200.00 worth of broken toy.
Old 06-24-2007, 05:59 PM
cobaltltblue

i don't care what car you were driving if yours did what mine did at that speed it would be broken.
Old 06-24-2007, 06:48 PM
TheFgMan01

glad you got most of it squared away [sm=thumbs_up.gif]
Old 06-24-2007, 09:46 PM
cobaltltblue

wait till you see my new shocks...... can you say all billet aluminum.......threaded bodies........Resivor's!!!
Old 06-24-2007, 10:20 PM
TheFgMan01

and those are the ones that run $120? you think they'll fit an FG MT? oh post a pic please
Old 06-25-2007, 05:38 AM
cobaltltblue

i had FG shocks on mine so i bet they would fit your truck too.
Old 06-25-2007, 07:43 AM
huw4027

Could you give us a link to where you got these because i definitely want
to upgrade the shocks on my Stadium truck. [8D]
Old 06-25-2007, 08:51 AM
wyd

ORIGINAL: TheFgMan01

^^ some how the FG's are build tuff.. i got mad at mine lastnight and through at the wall as hard as i could and nothing happend. problem after problem and more problem. fix one thing and somthing else fails the same day. constant
Sounds like a bad day. Take a deep breath and start again.
Old 06-25-2007, 09:57 AM
Hutch-e-bee

That shock looks mighty fine!! Hurry up and post the link!!
Old 06-25-2007, 03:50 PM
cobaltltblue

Sorry guys i haen't been up to post the link. i work nights. i haven't worked out all the fit issues and i don't want to get your hopes up to high. i have had to modify some minor plastic peices to get them to fit. i'm putting my diff back together tomarrow and i'll post pics and a driving impression.
Old 06-26-2007, 12:47 PM
cobaltltblue

well after much tinkering i have come to this. the shocks i was using were INTEGY LST MRS6 piggyback shocks. they are a tight fit, but they do fit. the only problem is i loose 1" of travel out of the suspension. the shocks are actually a little too long. they bottom out before the suspension does. i don't know if the FG suspension is close but they might work. the springs are plenty strong for my truck at 38lb. i'm posting the shocks for sale in the market place.
Old 06-26-2007, 01:18 PM
Hutch-e-bee

Pity. They look kinda nice!
Old 06-26-2007, 06:13 PM
TheFgMan01

thats sucks man [:@] have you seen the side guards yet on Largescale??? they kind of resemble the Fg side guards but they look nice. there a bunch of alloy for your truck on that site. I just had a peak

So far i have small engine mounts on order from my LHS, they have the large in stock. And then i have to replace my alloy uprights because i snapped a screw off in there when i wreck it. then another carbie ...... yaaaay more money into this truck

dont know if you saw these already, but would this help you out any??
http://www.largescalerc.com/MCDShockandshockparts.html

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.