RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Just ordered my Smartech Bigfoot! Recommended Upgrades??

Old 07-05-2007, 08:55 PM
phatjoe

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Just ordered my Smartech Bigfoot! Recommended Upgrades??

Hello:

I had enough debating the 1/5 scale monster trucks and decided on the Smartech Bigfoot. It should be here next week. I can't wait to get it! Can you guys recommend some upgrades you would install? Based on a few suggestions on this forum, it seems like the air filter and exhaust are top of list.

Below is the air filter I was thinking of purchasing. Please let me know if you suggest/recommend a different type.

Below is the exhaust I was thinking of purchasing. Please let me know if you suggest/recommend a different type.

I'm open to any suggested/recommended upgrade

Thanks,

PJ
Old 07-05-2007, 10:32 PM
busa 2002
My Feedback: (4)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Just ordered my Smartech Bigfoot! Recommended Upgrades??

steel pinoin gear and that filter get pre sreen cover.i got one 2 weeks ago and now just put on the ddm pipe.will try saturday.some will post more stuff like diff cover or better diff for modded motors.good luck
Old 07-06-2007, 07:54 AM
csp1971

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Just ordered my Smartech Bigfoot! Recommended Upgrades??

I have a steel pinion and a steel spur on mine. The steel pinion is probably all you really need though, I just happened upon a deal with the steel spur. Also, eventually get an alloy large engine mount. I'm not sure if the Bigfoot already has the small alloy engine mount.

I've also installed an FG alloy diff housing. I blew my diff a few weeks ago and slapped the Firehammer gears and outdrives right in. No more messed up diffs! Not to scare you into thinking you need this, I think what happened with it was my own fault.

I ordered the Firehammer Air Filter. It's pretty cheap at Tower and it was a lot better than the one that came with the Firehammer MT:
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXHTX0&P=7

I installed the ddm top end pipe. It's awesome! Loud as hell. The only thing I don't like is that there isn't much low-end. The mid and high is great though.