Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

I need a Firehammer gas tank

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2007, 04:18 PM
NitroBurn1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need a Firehammer gas tank

My tank is leaking, so i need a new one. I checked at Tower, and Largescalerc.com, but they are out of stock. Is there any other place i could look, because im out of ideas?
Old 07-07-2007, 04:22 PM
hndaman1
My Feedback: (6)

Default RE: I need a Firehammer gas tank

Try calling duratrax direct.. and tell them your problem.....and they will send you a new one....
Old 07-07-2007, 05:47 PM
NitroBurn1

I emailed them, and I will call on monday. Why is this such a hard part to find? Is this a common problem with these tanks? I noticed yesterday that gas was leaking around the seam in the middle of the tank.
Old 07-07-2007, 09:49 PM
Dave ESPI

You could just go to you LHS and get an airplane tank and use that in the short run I'm sure with a tiny bit of modification.

EDIT: I have a bad case of teh typos this year... argh !
Old 07-07-2007, 10:16 PM
csp1971

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

HobbyPeople has it for the Grizzly (I'm not sure if the Firehammer gas tank is the same as the Firehammer MT gas tank). The Grizzly is exactly like the Firehammer MT.
[link=http://www.hobbypeople.net/gallery/146413.asp]Tank-Link[/link]
Old 07-07-2007, 10:30 PM
huw4027

That also happened to me....cheaply made. [:@][:@]
The Grizzly tank will fit because it is the same thing.[8D]
Old 07-07-2007, 11:41 PM
NitroBurn1

Thanks for the information guys. My brother did some searching online, and found some so I ordered 2 of them.
Old 07-07-2007, 11:42 PM
wyd

I also have two tanks on order. My stock one is leaking a little. I did just seal it around the seam with a clear silicone sealent. I have not rac it since doing this but I'm pretty sure this will fix it.

I did email Duratrax about finding parts and why the problem is ongoing. THey did respond that parts will be here mid July so that means anytime the parts will be off back order. Bad thing is they didn't actually fully answer my question about why stuff is on backorder so much. More than likely they don't order enough to keep in stock at their business so everyone else suffers because of their bad planning.
Old 07-07-2007, 11:48 PM
NitroBurn1

I hope they get a lot of email, and phone calls about this, and maybe they will fix the problem.
Old 07-08-2007, 07:18 AM
wyd

ORIGINAL: NitroBurn1

I hope they get a lot of email, and phone calls about this, and maybe they will fix the problem.
If my two tanks show up next week I will let you know. I just understand why Duratrax has trouble keeping parts in stock for the Firehammer. If it sells well and things break just order twice the amount of parts and order them more often. No reason why Duratrax can't be making improvements for the cars they make just beacuse they are RTR. If parts where a little easier to get then my local shop would carry a few Firehammers and Firehammer MT's because they are a great gas car to have along with the Bajas are shop already carries. I think a monster truck would be very popular.
Old 07-09-2007, 02:41 PM
kengentry5000
My Feedback: (2)

I hit a curb real hard once and my tank cracked pretty bad. I had my LHS order an XTM Grizzly tank because the Duratrax tank was on back order. I about fell out when I went to pick up the tank and it was $40! The tank is $4 on Tower Hobbies. I paid the $$$ because the LHS has always been straight with me and I wanted to get running again.

I also needed some shock ends for my FH. Tower was out so I ordered XTM parts from Hobby People. I paid about 4 times what Tower was selling the same Duratrax parts at.

Bottom line is that XTM parts appear to be alot more expensive than Duratrax. I only order XTM parts if I'm in a pinch.
Old 07-09-2007, 03:45 PM
csp1971

I only order XTM parts when I have to as well. I had to order dog bones and knuckle arms (under warranty and Hobby Services said they *might* have them at the end of June to ship a set to me). Well, no knuckle arms so I'm just glad someone had the XTM parts. I would say try tqrcracing.com but I have been waiting on an order from them since June 14/15. Their parts are cheap, but they aren't reliable and their service isn't very good.
Old 07-09-2007, 05:32 PM
wyd

Its sad because I use to race an XTM X-Cellerator and parts are cheap whether my shop go them for me or I ordered from HobbyPeople. Really sucks to pay 40 bucks for a tank that cost the shop less that 4 bucks to get. I looked today while at my buddies shop and cost is less than 4 bucks for a new FH tank so no way should a Grizzley tank cost 40 bucks. Talk about getting raped over the coals.[X(]

My shop just placed a large order of parts for me so my FH will be stocked up with parts (most I will never ever use). I did go for alum rear hubs and rear shock tower as they are not too expensive if your shop helps you out a little. Also ordered all the gears so in another week or so I will have a good selection of parts and the shop ordered some extras to.
Old 07-09-2007, 09:07 PM
csp1971

That Grizzly tank is 20 bucks from HobbyPeople. 40 bucks for a tank is ridiculous. I picked up an extra tank from Tower last month when their supply was low. I like the 4 bucks better.
Old 07-09-2007, 09:14 PM
NitroBurn1

I bought 2 from a place called Hobby Fever. They must have only had 2 because after I ordered, the status said out of stock. Quick service from this place, they already shipped.
Old 07-10-2007, 09:19 AM
csp1971

Just went out to their site, good find!
Old 07-10-2007, 01:02 PM
Dirby

i have the fix to all your problems with the firehammer.
i had a firehammer too
do as i did.
sell the firehammer for what ever you can get for it than buy a Baja and than start having some fun.
Dirby