Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

G26rc No start

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2007, 12:00 AM
TheFgMan01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default G26rc No start

Hi guys, i really hate to start a thread on this but this is a problem i have never encountered. I have tried different plugs, even swapped carbs and my arm still hurts from pulling. she's not even trying to fire. I have a copper cylinder gasket so i dout its torn.

Heres a symptom. I have raw gas leaking out of the stinger of my DDM pipe?!?! also it seem to be flooding itself pretty bad and i have great spark from the coil itself, plus its brand new... maybe 3 tanks on that coil if that, do i have some engine damage??

things that happend prior.. out of stupidity i did get the air filter soaking wet from and power washer and noticed dirt on the inside of the filter when i went to clean the carb. any help would be nice since im stumped now. im so close to ordering a new 26 with clutch and carb. This truck has been nothing but trouble since i bought last Christmas. issues out of the box [:@]
Old 07-08-2007, 03:32 AM
MrMikeG

Default RE: G26rc No start

What is the compression like when you pull it over?
filp the car upside down with the plug out and pull it over, see what comes out fuel or water. A small amount of water will prevent it from starting. If you see some water come out take the bottom off the carby and look for water in there too. Spray everything with WD-40 and try again, WD-40 is a water dispercent.
Old 07-08-2007, 07:58 AM
mxzrev

i had the same thing happen to me,talk about frustration....try this....take the muffler or pipe off and try starting it....if it starts,do not run it to long because there is no back pressure and you will damage the motor...only run it long enough to see if it starts...if it starts you have a clogged muffler or pipe,that is what my problem was...i was running it to rich....now it runs great....let me know how you make out....it might be something as simple as that...i was sidelined for weeks for a little thing as a clogged muffler,now thats frustration....but thanks to the great people on this site,they got me running again....now i hope i can return the favor,thanks,bob
Old 07-08-2007, 08:22 AM
mxzrev

fgman....i also replace everything you did and then some....so i am hoping it is the dreaded clogged muffler,good luck,bob
Old 07-08-2007, 05:06 PM
TheFgMan01

yeah when i took the pipe off nothing but straight gas poured out of it.. i mean a whole lot of gas
Old 07-08-2007, 05:34 PM
mxzrev

did you try to start it without the pipe?
Old 07-08-2007, 05:39 PM
TheFgMan01

not yeah because i pulled the head off the cranck case. i was able to turn the crank case upsida down and gas just ran out.... flooded like hell. screws are factory settings.. why does it keep flooding itself out?!?!
Old 07-09-2007, 08:14 AM
Bratch96

When I had problems with my engine, it was the compression ring. The compression felt good to me but when i replaced the ring, it fired on the third pull.
Old 07-09-2007, 03:41 PM
huw4027

It sounds to me like your low speed needle is too rich, lean it out 1/4 turn
and see what happens. [8D]