Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

little baja vs fg jumping video

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 10:13 PM
BuggZy99
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default little baja vs fg jumping video

http://media.putfile.com/baja-VS--FG-in-jumping

enjoy
Old 07-10-2007, 10:17 PM
bigmodman

Default RE: little baja vs fg jumping video

that baja can hadle what the fg's cant lol
Old 07-11-2007, 01:02 AM
striffy

I wouldn't be saying that.
16sec of video doesn't show much..

Forgetting the fact that half the FG jump (beginning isn't shown) and the FG flat spots (lands on the flat hard ground not on a downward ramp / hill) and does it on the back rear wheel.
While the Baja jumps seems a lot less compared and of course it doesn't do a flat spot landing!
Old 07-11-2007, 07:55 AM
BuggZy99

ORIGINAL: striffy

I wouldn't be saying that.
16sec of video doesn't show much..

Forgetting the fact that half the FG jump (beginning isn't shown) and the FG flat spots (lands on the flat hard ground not on a downward ramp / hill) and does it on the back rear wheel.
While the Baja jumps seems a lot less compared and of course it doesn't do a flat spot landing!
you cant see more then 16 seconds of the vid cause thats how long it worked out for my friends truck, first jump and he broke it, we where planning on doing a long video but it was cut short down to some 15 secs of playing.

Old 07-11-2007, 08:22 AM
ratpower396

so i guess that a baja landing the wrong way wouldnt break..... Looks like another my baja is better than your fg thread is brewing here..
Old 07-11-2007, 08:28 AM
BuggZy99

i got a few vids of the baja taking very hard landings but still keeps going on.
Old 07-11-2007, 08:40 AM
fgbasher
My Feedback: (10)

You are comparing a buggy to a truck, that is like comparing a jump between a 1/8 scale buggy and a T-maxx. Compare a baja to either a marder or a leopard jumping and see what the differences are. Also use a real jump, not a mound of dirt that you can't even do a decent landing on.

If you are going to do comparisons to try and flame one brand of vehicle or another, at least do it in a logical sense.
Old 07-11-2007, 08:44 AM
BuggZy99

might just be a mound of dirt but it was mound of dirt for both rc's
hate to bust your bubble but you know as much as anyone honest out there, the Baja WILL out live the fg vehicules on jumping and landing and handling.
Old 07-11-2007, 10:14 AM
fgbasher

That is an opinion of yours. I tend to disagree, I have the baja and fgs. There are even some of my videos out there that show me running both vehicles on the same terrain. Yes this was when the baja first came out but it was still a baja. My front shock shafts broke after the second jump due to a bad landing. I used the extra rear shafts that hpi supplied with the buggy to do a quick fix. That particular day the fg Monster Hummer outlasted the baja.

IN MY OPINION and only my opinion. The hpi baja is more built for a track than it is for bashing the way i bash. As a dealer, I tend to go out and beat the hell out of vehicles so I can give an honest opionion. Anyone that has spoken to me knows I give an honest opinion. My vehicles are not loaded with hop-ups, most of my vehicles are bone stock except for a few items I feel are needed. Is one vehicle better than the other, it depends on the circumstance and situation. General bashing on a roughed up construction site, I take my Monster Beetle over anything else, smooth surfaces or track like conditions, the baja does come out as well as the leopard or marder.
If someone wants a true comparison, run a stock baja against a stock marder on a track, in general bashing areas, and maybe even a grass field.
Each area should have its own results. To compare a FG MT and a baja cannot be a biased comparison. will the baja beat out an mt on a track, i would definately think so. Can a baja go over a 3" tree branch, no but the MT can, does that make the MT Better than the baja overall? No, so the comparison becomes biased.
Unfortunaley no magazine will do a comparison of say the duratrax firehammer, fg marder, and the hpi baja. If it was done it would be great reading but I would not count on seeing it no matter how many people ask.
Old 07-11-2007, 10:28 AM
BuggZy99

well, I owned the beetle, and the mt5, as a matter fact I posted a few videos of the trucks when i had them. To say an FG jumps and doest braks in stock form is plain and simple dumb and trying to justify ones expence on them. My mt5 was loaded with allot to TRY and I do mean TRY to prevent it from breaking on jumps. To make sure an fg doesnt break on each outing is take it to the badeball field and run it on grass.
I did do 15+ feet high jumps with the mt5, didnt it break every time, no, what was the cost ?? complete alloy rear from a to z and even then, it would break every 4th or 5th jump.
The difference is when I had FG trucks i would jump only at the end of the day, so when it broke it was ok cause the day was over whereas the baja, it hits the jumps right off the bat.
Old 07-11-2007, 10:49 AM
fgbasher

No where in my reply did I say or imply that the FGs do not break, Every vehicles breaks wether on-road or off-roads. Did you ever think to consider that the change in weight from the alloy would effect your jumping?

I am not trying to start a flame war, as I stated it was my opinion. I never said the fg is stronger than the Hpi or either or. I simply stated that a comparison should not be made between a monster truck and a baja.

When i have time, I am going to attempt to do a video review of the hpi baja and the new fg baja. My hpi is no longer stock as it has a 27cc big bore kit in it, tuned pipe, and rear shock shafts in the front. I will put the pipe on the fg baja and do a comparison. Again i do not favor one over the other as I like both of them for different reasons. I will give an honest opinion and the proof will be in the videos. It may take some time but it will get done.

Both vehicles have issues, if they didn't you would not see, TNG or Daves motors selling hop-ups for both of them. THe hop-ups are not to make them look nicer for the most part but to make them stronger or perform better.
Old 07-11-2007, 12:06 PM
Dave ESPI

From the angle of the launch and landing of the Truck, no wonder why it broke, it slammed hard straight down on the rear arm/wheel. The Baha crested the hill and came down on the dirt slope backface of it.

Not a fair comparison ! [:@]

Both vehicles have their strong points and their weaknesses as well as atributes that are unique. It's akin to taking a catamaran to the USA Cup and expecting ti be fair and equal in a sailing race. the only way they are equal is you can take a leak off the side of both and if into the wind, it sprays back onto your pant
Old 07-11-2007, 03:50 PM
cyclops1970
My Feedback: (5)

i have launched my MB off nice jumps but any RC will break the way that MT5 landed ..
i personally wouldnt jump mounds that big though , mainly because i do NO beeter and have a budget .
but Buggzy always beats the hell outta his RC's and everyone can and will have a opinion
Old 07-11-2007, 04:08 PM
striffy

ORIGINAL: Dave ESPI

From the angle of the launch and landing of the Truck, no wonder why it broke, it slammed hard straight down on the rear arm/wheel. The Baha crested the hill and came down on the dirt slope backface of it.

Not a fair comparison ! [:@]

Both vehicles have their strong points and their weaknesses as well as atributes that are unique. It's akin to taking a catamaran to the USA Cup and expecting ti be fair and equal in a sailing race. the only way they are equal is you can take a leak off the side of both and if into the wind, it sprays back onto your pant
Exactly my point. I don't think many RC's would have survived a landing like the FG did..[&:]. It also looked a bigger jump than what the Baja did!
Old 07-11-2007, 06:05 PM
Baja5BLST

Give us the full video, not the biased 16sec clip.
Kinda like what the media presents us, trying to get us to side with their views, by only showing us the facts they want us to hear.
Old 07-11-2007, 06:44 PM
TheFgMan01

Buggzy's DDM pipe review vid... His Fg stadium with monster tires didnt seem to break one thing in that video... and he was launching that truck pretty high !!
Old 07-11-2007, 06:53 PM
TheFgMan01

Infact here, most have you may have seen this, this truck actually lands the right way everytime

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_50...tm.htm#5001014
Old 07-11-2007, 08:48 PM
hellya

[:-]................wow I sure haven't missed much.... still the same agruements over which is better...
Old 07-11-2007, 10:55 PM
BuggZy99

ORIGINAL: Baja5BLST

Give us the full video, not the biased 16sec clip.
Kinda like what the media presents us, trying to get us to side with their views, by only showing us the facts they want us to hear.
dude, thats all there is, that little bit... the rest is nitro stuff. He packed his truck and thats all, i continude with the baja.
Old 07-11-2007, 11:03 PM
BuggZy99

here, check out the baja video i did, at the 1 minute 15 second it lands worst then what the fg landed and it keeps hgoing after...
http://media.putfile.com/hpi-baja-in-action

in this one it also takes a very hard hit and still keeps going....
http://media.putfile.com/baja-paddle-run-1

not saying fgs are junk, just saying there not as good as the baja, like every FG owner sais... everyone is allowed to his opinion, heres mine and better then you, I have video to proove my opinion....
Old 07-11-2007, 11:17 PM
BuggZy99

ORIGINAL: TheFgMan01

Infact here, most have you may have seen this, this truck actually lands the right way everytime

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_50...tm.htm#5001014
was getting some good air in those also

far, very far from stock though.
Old 07-11-2007, 11:33 PM
NitroBurn1

I have watched the video over many times to see the landing, and i would bet that any 1/5 scale rc would break landing on the rear wheel like that.
Old 07-11-2007, 11:37 PM
BuggZy99

ORIGINAL: NitroBurn1

I have watched the video over many times to see the landing, and i would bet that any 1/5 scale rc would break landing on the rear wheel like that.
read all the posts b4 posting, i put some other videos of the baja with similar landings but at higher speeds and yet it rolls away at wot.
Old 07-11-2007, 11:47 PM
NitroBurn1

I watched those too. Landing on the rear wheel is more ridged than the front because the front wheels turn side to side, and it also has a servo saver that gives more cushion. Im not saying that the baja isn't tough, im just saying if that same jump was replicated with any of the 1/5 scale buggies or trucks, we would probably see similar results.

Old 07-12-2007, 06:16 AM
ratpower396

The baja crash in the first vid at 1:15 wasnt nearly as bad as the fg landing on the wheel..The baja landed almost directly on the bumper not a wheel..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.