Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

Solutions for dealing with a flooded engine??

Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Solutions for dealing with a flooded engine??

Old 07-14-2007, 09:05 AM
phatjoe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Solutions for dealing with a flooded engine??

Hello:

I typically suck at breaking in any engine. I put gas (oil mix) into my bigfoot and it started. It ran for about 5 secs and cut off. I probably primed the engine one to many times.

According the directions, I should've opened the choke. By not doing so, probably caused the engine to die quickly.

I didn't touch the truck for the whole night. This morning I pulled the recoil and no good. I thought having it sit for the night would clear out the fuel.

Any suggestions? I didn't mess around with the low/high speed, or the idle. I left it stock.

so far, i've had better luck starting my savage []

thx pj

Old 07-14-2007, 09:37 AM
ScooterTrash

Default RE: Solutions for dealing with a flooded engine??

Hi phatjoe, If you flood the engine, pull the plug & turn the RC upside down & pull the starter rope a fue times let it set with out the plug for around 10min or more & let the plug dry out also! Then give it another shot!
Old 07-14-2007, 09:45 AM
R.Robinson
Banned

Prime the bulb 2-3 times. Make sure the choke is in the on position when doing this. Engine should fire and stop once when you pull the recoil. Turn the choke off and pull the recoil again the engine will fire and run. The Engine should now be running. You must be leaving the choke on all the time?
Old 07-14-2007, 12:30 PM
Dave ESPI

THe choke after you get the first sound of starting ( BUUURRRRRR) will need to be turned back to the second point on the position so it will be 1/4 choke. There is a little notch that you can feel when you place it at that point. Restart it, and it should fire right up after you let some that gas drain out as per the pulling plug advice. Once the truck isrunning for a minute or 2, the choke can be clicked up to perpendicular position.

HTH.