Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

I have an idea has anyone....

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2007, 07:28 AM
screamin chicken

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I have an idea has anyone....

I have a FG Stadium and I was thinking of getting 2 matching rims, and tires off of the FG MT and add them to the rear of my Stadium to see if I get more traction.I know the MT tires are taller then a Coke can and I am not sure about how much taller that is to my Stadium tires and don't want my back end be jacked up to hi, do anyone have any info on this.
Old 08-04-2007, 07:35 AM
Nathan9492

Default RE: I have an idea has anyone....

Just a thought, but why dont u just get 4 FG MT Rims+Tyres?, And then u can try 2 stadium on the front and the Mt tyres on the back, and if its jacked up too high( which i really doubt it will be), then u can use the Stadiums as spares/ or for on road use, and the MT tyres for Off road use.
Just a thought

Nathan
Old 08-04-2007, 07:56 AM
screamin chicken

Because I am thinking with the Stadium body my off set is different and the MT tire will be in the body, thats why I was wanting to know if anyone else has tried this.
Old 08-04-2007, 01:25 PM
TheFgMan01

I have a MT and i dont get the greatest traction either. I dont want you to waste your money.. Hears what i did that i wouldnt recommend. i bought another set of MT tires and wheels (2) for the rear. i cleaned them up real good before i glued them, drilled 2 small holes in the back of the rim so air could exscape. Installed them on the rear without the foams thinking i would get more traction. Now it gets awsome traction off-road without foams.. Heres the catch ! now it handles like complete crap and it dosent want to turn so easily now. If you want to try MT tires you can but use foam. they may grip a tiny bit better then ST off-road
Old 08-04-2007, 02:34 PM
kengentry5000
My Feedback: (2)

A few other MT owners have cut small pieces of the ridges to allow the tire to flex. The comments were positive about this trick. I don't know if they were using foam inserts.
Old 08-05-2007, 01:25 AM
screamin chicken

Yea I have been doing reaserch also I think I'll wait and look at other tires.
Old 08-05-2007, 01:33 AM
TheFgMan01

YO I got an idea for you but it's going to cost you and it's your only option sorry to say. Get your self another set of ST rims and use the wider Marder tires. theres spikes. I forgot where i saw these tires at though. Someone on here knows though and ill do some searching . Brb
Old 08-05-2007, 01:36 AM
TheFgMan01

Not what i was talking about but i found these

http://www.bigboystoysandhobbies.com/inc/sdetail/12220 Brb
Old 08-05-2007, 02:00 AM
TheFgMan01

Okay i found them but i cant find a site that has them. Look at the 3rd pick and its the tires on the back of his marder... you can run those on your stadium but stay off the asphalt with these!
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_50...tm.htm#5088110
Old 08-05-2007, 06:53 AM
Colin.

Hey screamin chicken..

These are the wheels and tires I think FgMan is talkin about:

http://www.rc-car-online-shop.de/lsh...terreifen,.htm

They are stadium wheels with what I think are Hormann Jumbo tires. The Hormann Jumbo tires seem to look similar to the marder tires but are wider with an extra row of spikes.

You could always get marder tires mounted on leopard rims which are an offset wheel??? Not sure if thay would rub your stadium body??

I've got a Monster Beetle and the monster tires don't have very good grip on grass compared to my brothers marder tires.

Hope this helps.
Old 08-05-2007, 11:48 AM
Dave ESPI

You do know there is 2 different compounds for the tires right ? there is a hard for the front and a medium for the rear.

AS you run the truck around for a while, they soften up. My rears on the MT I drilled small air holes inthe rim and they are perfect with the foam insert except in hard lean turns as the outside rims on occasion as the sidewall gives toomuch scruff the ground, but it is because the superglue came loose and the tire "burps" out of the grove, and then goes back in once it is running straight again.
Old 08-05-2007, 02:51 PM
TheFgMan01

http://www.rc-car-online.de/neue_produkte_eng.htm <--- atleast we know they fit okay now
Old 08-06-2007, 12:16 PM
Colin.

ORIGINAL: Dave ESPI

You do know there is 2 different compounds for the tires right ? there is a hard for the front and a medium for the rear.

AS you run the truck around for a while, they soften up. My rears on the MT I drilled small air holes inthe rim and they are perfect with the foam insert except in hard lean turns as the outside rims on occasion as the sidewall gives toomuch scruff the ground, but it is because the superglue came loose and the tire "burps" out of the grove, and then goes back in once it is running straight again.

Yeh thats how I run mine at the moment apart from I don't have foams in mine.

I just find the marder tires better for the surface I'm running on.