Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

Pipe recomendations needed ! ! !

Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Pipe recomendations needed ! ! !

Old 08-31-2005, 05:40 PM
2pock
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pipe recomendations needed ! ! !

I think its about time I installed a pipe so whos got the best for the cheapest price ? I really dont see the sense in paying $200-$300 for a pipe , sorry ! ! ! So guys what do u recomend , whats the pice and if possible do u know if they are in stock. So far Rapid-racing has a nice one, but they doint have any in stock. Alex over at Orient says that FG has replaced their tuned pipe($173.80)with another one and he only has 1 in stock ! Any body can help?

Old 08-31-2005, 05:47 PM
JustxOnce
My Feedback: (7)

Default RE: Pipe recomendations needed ! ! !

[link=http://www.oneillbrothersracing.com/rccar/index.htm]Jetpro pipe [/link] $169
Old 08-31-2005, 06:14 PM
p113

samba you wont regret it [link=http://www.redice.co.uk]click here[/link]

edit theyve changed there site to webhosting and domain names soz
Old 08-31-2005, 08:41 PM
dr.grip

the power of the jetpro is amazing, i currently have the pipe remove and stock back on because it sounds like a 2 stroke dirt bike with no silencer. If you have the room where people wont mind i'd recomend the jetpro.stock my truck wouldnt lift the wheels from dead stop, with jepro it was lifting the wheels on rolling starts.
Old 08-31-2005, 10:12 PM
SELWA
My Feedback: (1)

I bought a Fg 3 pc pipe a few months after I bought my used MB. I thought it was very $$$ but when you compare to a 1/8 pipe it's not too bad. Also looks awsome on any vehicle.

Once I put it on the front wheels kept coming up!! It had so much more torque that stock. The other thing I did was put 120,000 diff lock inside the diff. Helped alot!!! I just picked up a used Samba but I won't be installing it until next week. Once I do I'll let everyone know how it is next to the FG I had.
Old 09-01-2005, 04:46 AM
Automan

I would highly recommend a Samba, their performance is outstanding.

I have the Samba monster special, while the performance is more then i hoped for, the sound is like a dirt bike on steroids thats kinda cool, but i cant any longer drive where i used to, cause it is quite loud
So it seams like with most things, you don't get that great performance without a cost... and that is that you almost need ear plugs and need to stay out of areas where people lives. I think it would be irritating for people even if you drive in a large park.
Old 09-01-2005, 06:11 AM
original.mb

i had the samba 3 off-road but i now have the jetpro pipe to install, i heard so many good things about it + good performance stats so i had to go with it.
Old 09-01-2005, 07:07 AM
SELWA

Since we are on the topic on pipes I have 3 questions. I have a Samba now and was wondering if anyone tried grinding the header a little to a smoother airflow into it from the engine. Also has anyone tried to pait it with a high heat engine paint?? I was thinking of a nice red or blue. If I get bored I can always remove the paint. Do you think it's better to use a gasket or a gasket sealent between the header and engine.

Old 09-01-2005, 07:23 AM
Automan

Grinding the header for smoother airflow.... ye, try it, but i haven't done it so i cant recommend anything.

Am i way of, or was your idea something like this: http://www.davesmotors.com/store/product552.html

I have thought of this a while back, but i don't know if it would do anything for my setup:

http://www.davesmotors.com/store/product228.html

http://www.davesmotors.com/store/product21.html

http://www.davesmotors.com/store/product229.html
Old 09-01-2005, 07:44 AM
ammdrew

Motor Paint should work fine, we have gone as far as chroming them with no issues, mask the header point were it goes in the pipe before painting.
Old 09-01-2005, 07:46 AM
original.mb

selwa

yes you can get a special matt black motor cross spray they use for there own tuned pipes will work great on the samba 3 as its unpainted and looks a bit ugly anyway.

i suppose if you have the dollars you could get it chromed that would look wicked mate
Old 09-01-2005, 07:49 AM
jimbo1890

I took the dremmel to my samba before I installed it so I can't give before and after stats but mine definitely needed a touch up and I opened up the gasket as well. I did not touch the engine as I didn't want any grinding dust getting into the pot, as for gasket sealant I used a smear of silastic (silicone roof and gutter sealant) on both sides of the gasket before assembly.

P.S. Before anyone jumps on this post as a reason not to get a samba, it would have worked well straight out of the box. It's just my nature to modify something if I can.
Old 09-01-2005, 08:11 AM
SELWA

Thanks for the info guys. I think I'll try to grind it down a bit for the airflow. And painting will be addressed also. I think the paint will also insulate the sound a bit too.
Old 09-01-2005, 08:36 AM
Automan

ORIGINAL: jimbo1890

I took the dremmel to my samba before I installed it so I can't give before and after stats but mine definitely needed a touch up and I opened up the gasket as well. I did not touch the engine as I didn't want any grinding dust getting into the pot, as for gasket sealant I used a smear of silastic (silicone roof and gutter sealant) on both sides of the gasket before assembly.

P.S. Before anyone jumps on this post as a reason not to get a samba, it would have worked well straight out of the box. It's just my nature to modify something if I can.

Im also like that When i get stuff, i look it over and see if there is something to modify to make it better.. in any way. I just cant use something im not convinced would work after checking it over. As for those wire brakes (a long time ago), there was some adjustments that i had to do before i even want to try them out.
And be sure there are always something i like to modify afterwards to.

So i totally understand you jimbo1890 [sm=thumbup.gif]

off topic: you're hopeless, oh yes.. how interesting direct quote from girlfriend and that was only the basic commentary
I think many of you have about the same experience
Old 09-01-2005, 10:00 AM
chowderhead72

2Pock: The jet-pro is the most extreme of the the available pipes in both sound and performance.
In my opinion the samba mt pipe is loud but not as loud as the Jetpro and has great prformance.
The samba offroad pipe (buggy pipe) seems a little weak (quieter as well) than either of the first two but still ahead of the FG tuned.
The fg tuned pipe is the lower end of the spectrum in performce and sound(by a long shot)

Maybe someone could post their opinions of the lauterbacher pipes compared to the more popular pipes. Hellya don't you sell a few lautr type pipes? How do they compare to these? any thing for the Leopard?
Old 09-01-2005, 09:12 PM
2pock

chowderhead72yes I did come across the Lauter pipe. Looks good , but not in stock[]
Old 09-01-2005, 09:15 PM
2pock

Found a guy who has a Jetpro for $145 shipped from oversea's ! Debating whether to do business, not that hes un-trustfull but he is in London ! !!

DECISION DECISIONS
Old 09-01-2005, 09:26 PM
chowderhead72

You can never be too cautious when dealing with the bluebloods!lLOL I would just buy from O'neill 169 shipped and you will have brand new and the latest version before next weekend. Call and ask for Shawn. Talk real pretty to him and he may send you a free intake an filter.
ORIGINAL: 2pock

Found a guy who has a Jetpro for $145 shipped from oversea's ! Debating whether to do business, not that hes un-trustfull but he is in London ! !!

DECISION DECISIONS
Old 09-02-2005, 12:12 AM
hellya

Here is a polished steel tunepipe with a flexable header "Top 3 mini". It disassembles for quick cleaning of oil, it has been performance tested on the race curcuits of Europe with great results.

Two weeks ago our drivers and these pipes won the offroad championship in Belgium we placed 1st, 3rd and 10th out of 75 entries and we won with 3 seconds to spare
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay73660.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	74.8 KB
ID:	318694   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz78079.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	66.7 KB
ID:	318695  
Old 09-02-2005, 12:24 AM
hellya

What I like best about our Top 3 mini is we give you more options, after you purchase the tunepipe you can add sidepipes to give your truck a different look and sound......noone else has that concept
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ro42087.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	318696   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay75390.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	99.5 KB
ID:	318697   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mj24492.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	83.3 KB
ID:	318698  
Old 09-02-2005, 08:19 PM
2pock

OK, came across another guy who has a brand new (still in pkge) for $150. Gonna pick it up this weekend ! ! ! ! Thanks for ur suggestions guys. Cant wait to get it installed on my MT w/ 29cc eng. with the juice box
Old 09-02-2005, 10:51 PM
teamchrome

Juice Box??? is this like a boost bottle idea on nitro?
Old 07-19-2007, 02:28 PM
TooLy

ORIGINAL: hellya

Here is a polished steel tunepipe with a flexable header "Top 3 mini". It disassembles for quick cleaning of oil, it has been performance tested on the race curcuits of Europe with great results.

Two weeks ago our drivers and these pipes won the offroad championship in Belgium we placed 1st, 3rd and 10th out of 75 entries and we won with 3 seconds to spare
HI Hellya,

What can you say about the difference in power after using this tuned pipe ?
Is it made for low end or high end ?

Roei.