Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

suggestions on a large scale pLeAsE!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

suggestions on a large scale pLeAsE!

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2007, 12:14 AM
jgeck90

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default suggestions on a large scale pLeAsE!

hello i'm 17 and getting a job here soon, i am tired of dealing with nitro MT's tuning breaking ect...if i am rite these are less of a headache than a nitro rite like tuning ect...? i need suggestions on what to get? i really love the off-road, pre-runner, baja, trophy truck Look! so if there is anything along those lines please lead me towards it, if not i mite go with the baja, what type of unique hop-ups are out for a baja? scale does not matter neither price, try to keep it diecent though as i will have to save up. i'm not really a basher nor racer just like to cruise around but if i pick one it would be basher since i live in the boonies with lots of gravel and offroad terrain.
Thanks!
Jeff
Old 07-29-2007, 04:22 AM
hathi
Banned

Default RE: suggestions on a large scale pLeAsE!

If your really looking for that off road baja truck thing, look into the MCD baja 1000 truck (I think that is the name) its a 4 wheel drive off road truck. I really like the looks of it, may even pick one up soon.
Old 07-29-2007, 09:38 AM
screamin chicken

I was looking into the Baja 1000 but went with the FG Stadium because 2400.00 bucks vs. 1800.00 I love my Stadium and I hardly ever run my LST, Revo because it's so much fun playing with the FG you can go 30-45 mins on a tank of gas, the gas is not 24 bucks a gallon no more 7 dollar glow plugs and all you don't have to carry glow ignitors, roto starters I wish I would have bought the FG before I bought the LST,Muggy,Revo,T Maxx.
Old 07-29-2007, 03:27 PM
tmdz28

which part of socal do you live in? i suggest get a FG MT.
Old 07-29-2007, 04:32 PM
TheFgMan01

Too many must have Mods on the MT-5 to make it durable. Now my Marder is a different story !
Old 07-29-2007, 08:47 PM
jgeck90

i am in Lake Elsinore close to Riverside kinda...I herd we have a new large scale hobby shop here close by i have yet to go to the store yet.
i will look into the baja 1000 ndthe FGMT
as for hop-ups whats out there for these?
Old 07-29-2007, 09:05 PM
T I G

traxxas_man_05
as for hop-ups whats out there for these?
There are tons of hop-ups, especially for FG. You can pretty much replace every plastic part with an alloy part. I'm not sure if theres as much for MCDs though. They're pretty hopped up out of the box. CNR, Elcon, Krikke hmmm I think theres another one.

The MCD Baja 1000 is the cream of the crop. I would like to get one, eventually maybe we'll see what my wife says, lol. I like the performance of my Leopard and Baja 5B, they're great runners and handle anything and everything I have thrown at them so far.
Either way, gassers are a blast to run.
Old 07-29-2007, 11:56 PM
mopar jake

i would go with the baja tough as nails and it handles like it is on rails i love mine
Old 07-30-2007, 09:30 AM
John H (DK)

ORIGINAL: mopar jake

i would go with the baja tough as nails and it handles like it is on rails i love mine

Do you mean the Fg Baja, the Mcd Baja or the HPI Baja ?? i vote for the last, super rc, runs from everything and it is very easy to control.
Old 07-31-2007, 10:09 AM
jgeck90

sounds like its going to be a baja 1000! im liking the looks of it! where can i purchase one of these? and do they come RTR? where can i get hopups for the baja 1000
no one really answered one of my questions, these large scales are they less of a pain to run than nitro 10th and 8th's are?
Old 07-31-2007, 11:00 AM
ratpower396

these are as difficult to run as your weedwacker!!! Just gas it up ,choke the motor , pull 2or 3 times take choke off pull again & run till its empty..
Old 07-31-2007, 12:23 PM
kengentry5000
My Feedback: (2)

Speaking about how easy these engines start and run another guy on the forum put it this way:

"I could go get a sandwich while my gasser idles."

These engine are very dependable. My car sits up for weeks at a time without running, fuel sitting in the tank. I get it out and pull 3 - 5 times and it's running as if I use it every day. I've never even had a fuel filter clog up.

I also did some rough calculations on fuel cost per minute of runtime versus nitros. The gasser was about 1 - 2 cents per minute while the nitro was about 8 - 10 cents per minute.

You can buy good 2 stroke oil in many more stores than nitro fuel and gasoline on almost any corner in the US.

Old 07-31-2007, 02:22 PM
csp1971

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I also did some rough calculations on fuel cost per minute of runtime versus nitros. The gasser was about 1 - 2 cents per minute while the nitro was about 8 - 10 cents per minute.

Ken, you sound like an engineer!