Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Gearing

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2006, 11:32 PM
ScooterTrash

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gearing

I got the stock 16/48 gear set up. I was wondering if any one has used the 18/46 set? I know it will give you more top end, I was just wondering how much more & if it would still pull whillies, With the FG BigFoot & JetPro pipe?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec88619.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	123.0 KB
ID:	487272   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge95718.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	160.0 KB
ID:	487273  
Old 07-05-2006, 06:18 AM
ScooterTrash

Default RE: Gearing

No one can tell me[sm=confused.gif]
Old 07-05-2006, 06:41 AM
Automan

I think i use 18or19/46, and it feels just right for my drivingstyle. I always drive with heavy alloy rims and pipe that goes over the front and full pack servos and batts in front, and i do always drive on loose dirt or gravel etc.... but it do happen from time to time that the front lifts on acceleration, not that i care cause i try to keep my front down with that weight and rims to have the truck well balanced.

It will go a little faster, with the stock gearing i felt it to be way way to low to make any good use of it (wheelies only you touch the gas, where is the fun in that ), just to low gear at stock in my opinion. With the setup i have now there is still way to much kick-off power, but feels better cause of the little better top speed.

Most like the stock gearing, as they like wheelies with just a little touch on the gas etc, so you are not alone
Old 07-05-2006, 07:17 AM
J_D

wheelies are fun, but the novelty wears off, and then u start chasing speed.

the solution though for scooter, since he like wheelies, and wants speed..

is a 2 speed u get to have both worlds

i'm just looking in my FG catalog at the moment, page 179 shows the recommended gearing for two speeds, for 1st and second gear.

u could have 16/48 1st and then 18/46 for 2nd.
Old 07-31-2007, 11:34 PM
RedRocket00

i have a fg 2 speed of road leopard and i have a 18 and a 20 on the pinion now, and a 44 and 46 on the spur. the 20t spun on the shaft so i am looking to put a metal gear on there. what are my options on gears? my local hobby store has every gear but the 20.